2ekdt5 (resized).jpg
2ek7lm (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
fonzie-jumps-the-shark (resized).png
2A2EB8C8-5F14-4467-AC2F-8C1C776C9C42 (resized).jpeg
23154857_537535726588962_963075730342596239_o.jpg

There are 332 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 5 years ago

Why wouldn’t you just buy Jetsons for $2k less?

#102 5 years ago

I think it looks cool and I wish them luck with their new venture. Display graphics are difficult so using a newspaper with rolling sentences is clever and takes out that expensive dev. element. I look forward to play it to form my opinion. It looks quite simple but maybe its fun. I could get into the theme with a caper twist. Bravo.

#103 5 years ago

I like the approach of simple design and off the shelf components for serviceability. Not sure that’s a great combo with the “exclusive collectible” price. But hey I’m not the market to buy it. Wouldn’t mind playing one that someone else buys.

#104 5 years ago

Hmm, I was wrong about the Pi, it's the USB that sucks.

I will say one positive is that this game looks a lot more pro than AMH did. That said, the preview video did three different shots of the ball in the pops because there's literally nothing else to focus on.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That said, the preview video did three different shots of the ball in the pops because there's literally nothing else to focus on

Some drop targets and an extra, non centered, spinner would definitely help.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Hmm, I was wrong about the Pi, it's the USB that sucks.
I will say one positive is that this game looks a lot more pro than AMH did. That said, the preview video did three different shots of the ball in the pops because there's literally nothing else to focus on.

AMH is the finest ghost-hunting-related pinball machine ever made!

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why wouldn’t you just buy Jetsons for $2k less?

I prefer cartoon characters that drink, smoke, gamble, and use guns. That in itself is worth somewhat more.

#109 5 years ago

It would be with my family.

#110 5 years ago

Where are the mods for this game? Seriously.

Tim

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Where are the mods for this game? Seriously.

They've been out there, just waiting for this game to happen.

91670bk_box (resized).jpg91670bk_box (resized).jpg
799 (resized).jpg799 (resized).jpg

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It would be with my family.

Why did politicallycorrectprogrammer's post about Family Friendly get deleted?

Used to see a little explanation to help us understand the rights and wrongs of pinside. No rules were broken that I could see.

I know, keep your mouth shut or they will do the same to you.

Sorry. Carry on......

#113 5 years ago

What Janos and crew are doing - and let's not forget, this is literally a core group of four at this point, including the designer - if learning to walk before they run. Could they make a more complex game at this point? Probably not. Could they realistically make more than 100? Definitely not. For comparison, AMH had a run of no more than 150, and Spooky has been held up as the benchmark for doing the boutique thing 'right'. Hell, there are twice as many Jetsons out in the world. 100 of these, 10 at a time, doesn't sound like a tall order to me.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They've been out there, just waiting for this game to happen.

Every time you hit the flippers sends more bullets into Sonny on the causeway.

LTG : )

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

100 of these, 10 at a time, doesn't sound like a tall order to me.

Well, they've already made 10, 90 to go.

#116 5 years ago

I just found a perfect topper for this game.

GodfatherHorseHead (resized).jpgGodfatherHorseHead (resized).jpg
#117 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why did politicallycorrectprogrammer's post about Family Friendly get deleted?
Used to see a little explanation to help us understand the rights and wrongs of pinside. No rules were broken that I could see.
I know, keep your mouth shut or they will do the same to you.
Sorry. Carry on......

I was changing it on my phone to something more clever, then it was gone. Who knows, I don't think it was deleted, just a glitch.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I was changing it on my phone to something more clever, then it was gone. Who knows, I don't think it was deleted, just a glitch.

I thought it was pretty clever the way it was.

It's weird because it did seem like a glitch as I've tried to delete my own posts on occasion and I can't. I can edit it, but it remains just the same.

So I figured it got moderated because on my post that quoted you it said deleted as well. Certainly no pinside rules that I know of were broken. Believe me, I get reminded what they are, and very often.

#119 5 years ago

I swear it had something to do with it being on my phone. It has happened before to me when I edit a post on my phone.

#120 5 years ago

I swear it had something to do with it being on my phone. It has happened before to me when I edit a post on my phone.

Still doesn't explain how where I quoted it on my post it turned into "deleted post".

Pure pinside magic, I tell ya!

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Still doesn't explain how where I quoted it on my post it turned into "deleted".
Pure pinside magic, I tell ya!

Funny, I didn't even notice that. Years back you could delete posts, right?

#122 5 years ago

Years back you could delete posts, right?

Yeah, one night I think I did about 1000 of them.

Now they randomly disappear by themselves.

I still get credit for them in my overall post count though, but in reality only a fraction of those remain, so I keep trudging them along.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

While I can appreciate the theme's middle finger to PC culture, it seems like a poor choice for a first pin.

Any pin is a good choice for a pin

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

Any pin is a good choice for a pin

Especially one with a middle finger to PC culture.

#125 5 years ago

It will sell because there are enough fools in this hobby that throw money at things to be the only one. I also fall into this category, but I'd never throw that kind of money at a lackluster pin. This looks to be as complex as punchy the clown at 3.75 times the cost. I just do not see it, but it will sell. And within a few weeks someone will be trying to flip it because they either do not like it or think they can make money off it.

I do think the boutique pins are starting to grate. There are way too many low production machines that keep getting released for it to sustain. Its one thing for stern to have a bomb like 24 that doesn't resonate when it comes out. They build what sells. All these low production makers will eventually run out of buyers. The code never gets polished and most of the games are just not perfected enough. Eventually people will grow tired of it.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

There are way too many low production machines that keep getting released for it to sustain. Its one thing for stern to have a bomb like 24 that doesn't resonate when it comes out. They build what sells. All these low production makers will eventually run out of buyers. The code never gets polished and most of the games are just not perfected enough. Eventually people will grow tired of it.

Really? Can you give some examples of these imperfect low-production machines with unpolished code?

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

$7500 No Thanks !

You’ll have one in your house eventually.

#128 5 years ago

Having worked with most of these guys I’m really happy for them. I think they have the right model, introducing the company and game with 10 already built and good to go is smart stuff. I wish them the best.

#129 5 years ago

So, I also heard Beatles is going to be a 'classic' so wondering if it is going to be along these lines?

Nothing wrong with classic, except modern prices.

Especially when you can buy classic Stern's for way way less, and many of them are player's dreams. But, shhhhhh , that's a secret

#130 5 years ago

well done to the guys, to do it on the quiet and produce 10 off ready to go

#131 5 years ago

Love the fact they just pop-up with a nice pin, no preorders. Sure the price is absurd high for the gameplay you get, but look at the fiascos of jpop, and TBL with there high-class promotion; played and admired the machine, but I can't stand the fact they had a "I invited the water" attitude while ripping-off people.

#132 5 years ago

I think this game is going to look sweet sitting next to o-dins Supreme machine! Yeah both games are way over priced but look how cool they are! Pinheads across the world will be envious of o-din!

#133 5 years ago

Except this is a legitimate pinball to play and not buy to flip for money. Supreme is nothing but a flip for profit. Nobody wants to actually own a supreme to play it. If this is fun to play it will sell.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think this game is going to look sweet sitting next to o-dins Supreme machine! Yeah both games are way over priced but look how cool they are! Pinheads across the world will be envious of o-din!

#134 5 years ago

This is a Chicago Coin design at Jersey Jack prices. I’m not sure rarity is enough, especially with such a generic theme.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

This is a Chicago Coin design at Jersey Jack prices. I’m not sure rarity is enough, especially with such a generic theme.

I take your point, but i think JJP left the $7500 price point in the rearview some time ago.

#136 5 years ago

Now that CPR will soon have the ability to create custom plastics, backglasses, and playfields. I'll just build my own "Super Duper Extra Limited Platinum" pinball machine for a lot less, or just wait until this pin like some others will go into the pinball bargain bin. $7500 + shipping, + eventual state internet tax. Have fun with that.

#137 5 years ago

You guys miss the point., to a lot of collectors cost doesn’t matter. This company will produce between 10-100 machines and stop.

They will easily sell that many. They aren’t trying to be Stern or Spooky. Just limited runs made in their spare time as they have day jobs.

If they only sell 20 they are happy.

#138 5 years ago

Great Job guys
And nobody lost any money
Lets support them

#139 5 years ago

Congrats on the successful reveal! 10 machines is a great accomplishment.

They probably set modest goals for their first machine, both in design and in production, which shows some real maturity, and they obviously learned from other people's mistakes.

They are dedicated, no question, and went out of their way to make sure no one was in harm's way. Congrats.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Make sure to post photos here once you have assed finished the first 10 production models. Us here cannot wait to crap all over whatever you came up with.

I'm just being honest. If I wasn't sure about a concept, I'd try to gauge interest before building anything, not after already producing 10.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I'm just being honest. If I wasn't sure about a concept, I'd try to gauge interest before building anything, not after already producing 10.

In the article they say they were happy with the concept and everything overall so I guess they're satisfied with it... but ya pinball is brutal with people expressing their opinions on the love and hate of themes so yea... impossible to make everyone happy.

#142 5 years ago

I'm not sure it was the best marketing idea that the last image is someone draining the ball on purpose.

#143 5 years ago

I wish them the best as well.

However I also find it funny that people are cheering them on because they haven't ripped anyone off.
Our little hobby has experienced so many dickheads in the last couple of years. The measure of success to launching a pinball company is to NOT steal half a million dollars.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I wish them the best as well.
However I also find it funny that people are cheering them on because they haven't ripped anyone off.
Our little hobby has experienced so many dickheads in the last couple of years. The measure of success to launching a pinball company is to NOT steal half a million dollars.

Ouch. Truth Bomb.

Although their accomplishment of getting 10 games built in secret and ready for sale is worthy of celebrating.

#145 5 years ago

The comparison to Spooky is laughable. AMH was a modern, fun game with toys, ramps, scoops, etc. This is an attempt to see how stupid some with deep pockets can be. Just because something is "rare" does not mean it is desirable or collectable. Stern should remake Quicksilver and Star Gazer for the classic pin enthusiasts, they would sell!

#146 5 years ago

I thought it looked like a playfield overlay and that was confirmed in the article. The plastic on top of the art looks pretty thick like the old Sonic games. One thing for sure it this will be the only modern game that absolutely won't dimple!

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I thought it looked like a playfield overlay and that was confirmed in the article. The plastic on top of the art looks pretty thick like the old Sonic games. One thing for sure it this will be the only modern game that absolutely won't dimple!

You can see the overlay flex in a few areas as the ball rolls over. I'd like to see a player's perspective video of a full game with actual in-game audio. I guess we'll see it soon enough though.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This is also $7500 worth of pinball.

That is my critique on their price point. I’m having a tough time getting myself to shell out for TNA at 6k. And that game is a freaking blast. TNA is the darling because it brought something fresh and distinct. Whereas this looks like a bunch of star posts with rubber between them. I don’t think it’s worth it. But I’ve been wrong before.

My thoughts exactly. $7500 can buy a Demo Man, a Striker Xtreme, a Monopoly, a Comet, a Lucky Seven SS, a Jokerz and still have some pocket change left over.

I wish the company success, but I think this boutique pinball thing is getting out of control. Eventually those special buyers will be tapped out. Boutique pinball is a fad. Just like frozen yogurt or Jai Alai.

#149 5 years ago

You had me HELLLLL no! 7500. Nice effort but it’ll be hard to convince even the high roller Dolla Dolla Bill ya’ll crowd to throw down for this imho. Easy pass for me. I do hope they make back their initial overhead investment.

#150 5 years ago

This design is so phoned in, it's laughable.

There are 332 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/team-pinball-mafia-just-revealed/page/3?hl=zene10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.