9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Abra Ca Dabra 001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider presqueisle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Wondering how different the game play is. I really like my aab Pro Pool and was considering another aab. Not a lot of fan fare for Team One...is it just the art/theme, or are there more significant differences in the play/rule set? I guess I'm not sure of the game play differences between the aab's and replay versions of particular games.

Thanks

Dave

#3 9 years ago

I guess my color blindness may have it's advantages then. No other significant differences than the obvious though?

Thanks

Dave

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Art work aside, just wondered if it makes sense to pass over a Team One in favor of an Abra if the opportunity and price were there. Ugly hasn't stopped me before .

#8 9 years ago

Thanks. If anyone has a Team One or an Abra for sale in WI, the U.P., IL, MN...send me a pm.

Dave

#11 9 years ago

Thanks guys. My point, I guess, was this: Abra seems like a 'keeper' game from all I've heard. That's important to me since my games are kept at another location and I only get to see them twice a month. They are WAY out in the boonies and I won't get tired of them if I choose well. Plus, moving them in and out is too much, so I need to pick wisely. An Abra in top condition may be too pricey and hard to find. A Team One MAY be easier to score, for less. If art is the big difference...I may be on the hunt for a Team One. Just wondered if the game play was part of the reason for Team One's lack of love., or if it was JUST the art. Wasn't sure of the game play differences between the aab and replay.

Yes, I can over think things probably..but those dang things are heavy! Just doing a little homework.

Thanks again

ps. Do you have one of these machines in top condition? If so, PM me a number, can't hurt.

Dave

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I owned a near mint Team One several years ago. Gameplay was great but I could not get past the art work and sold it. If it had artwork similar to Abra Ca Dabra it would still be here. An Abra Ca Dabra is in the line up now.
If you are considering it only on game play it is a worthy game. Only you can decide for yourself on the art package.
Mike O.

Great, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for both. I kinda like campy art work in a way. Volley, Pro Pool etc. Might fit right in my line up.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

had both, prefer AbraCaDabra

Because of play, or cosmetics?

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

What are the price ranges for each?
I'd like a Team on for less than half the price of an Abra Ca Dabra but it wouldn't stop me from dreaming that I'd one day owning an Abra.

Don't have any being offered up at the moment, just assuming the games in like condition would have a big spread. It seems that the theme is pretty heavy with the popularity. I understand Abra is a good player too, just thought there must be more to it. I actually like campy vs wizardly...so I may have my questions answered. Still wouldn't turn down an Abra though. Just starting the search.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

One on Ebay right now. And he claims its fully "funtional" lol
Either its a reproduction back-glass, or it has no fade.
vintage 1970's pinball machine "Abra Ca Dabra" fully funtional
ebay.com link » Vintage 1970s Pinball Machine Abra Ca Dabra Fully Funtional

Thanks, looking for one I can pick up. Had some trouble with shipping recently. "Functional" did peek my interest though.

#25 9 years ago

"Abra Ca Dabra"

#34 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback.

If you're predisposed to 3" flippers and drop targets like I am, having an aab adds distinct variety to a collection IMO. Pm sent Boiler man.

Dave

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

There was a Team One for sale in Westfield about 2 months ago. May or may not still be available - I might know who was selling it. Will check into it and if I hear something good will PM you.
Had a Team One for a while - sold it to Methos. Fast an fun to play, but the artwork is pretty goofy. Abra, as others have said, is gorgeous.

Hey Sean, good to hear from you. Thanks!

#39 9 years ago

Deal pending on a BEAUTIFUL Team One. Thanks for all the feedback.

Drop targets, hidden targets, Wedge Head, aab, interesting game play, pretty rare (650 made).

Can't beat that.

Dave

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Is this is a play on words?

Team "Team One" won.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just spoke with a local Madison guy that has a Team One when I was at Pooley's on Monday. If you are interested, let me know. I think he was asking $500? No idea what it is worth.

Thanks, found a very nice one. Appreciate it Whysnow.
Dave

2 months later
#65 9 years ago

Great collection Airaces!

Well, I have this beautiful Team One at my home and it had a couple issues...so I started adjusting switches and messed it all up. I really want to get it going but am over my head with it at the moment. Would LOVE to have some some em tech help in the Madison area. $$$ Just ended up with too many machines/issues, and not enough time. Pm me if you can assist.

Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider presqueisle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/team-one-or-abracadabra?tu=presqueisle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.