Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dono
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Just finished my first AAB game - GTB's Team One (1977). Great game for sure. A few things that bug me a bit, and wondering if anyone has upgraded these features:

1. When WOWs are maxed out, hitting another wow results in no points, seems player should get 5K, the same as hitting a DT when lit prior to specials being lit.

2. Going over the top a second, third, etc. time should light 200K, 300K, etc light but it's only wired to 100K unless in novelty mode.

Anyone altered your game to improve these, or any alteration of their TO?

#2 4 years ago

1. That sounds normal. When the lightbox advance unit is maxed out on WOWs, it opens a switch on itself that stops it from advancing again. It does not revert to scoring, which would have been nice.

2. Steve Charland (RIP) modified a Lucky Hand to do this. Like Team One, Lucky Hand has a Lightbox Advance Unit to tally extra balls in AAB mode or over-the-top scoring in novelty mode.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Hacking_a_Gottlieb_Lucky_Hand

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

1. That sounds normal. When the lightbox advance unit is maxed out on WOWs, it opens a switch on itself that stops it from advancing again. It does not revert to scoring, which would have been nice.
2. Steve Charland (RIP) modified a Lucky Hand to do this. Like Team One, Lucky Hand has a Lightbox Advance Unit to tally extra balls in AAB mode or over-the-top scoring in novelty mode.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Hacking_a_Gottlieb_Lucky_Hand

Cool, I'll check that out, thanks for posting.

2 months later
#4 3 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Just to close the loop on this, I modified my TO to award 5K after number of accrued WOWS are maxed out; details on another TO thread. Relatively easy mod and now it scores like rules state on the playfield!!!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Just to close the loop on this, I modified my TO to award 5K after number of accrued WOWS are maxed out; details on another TO thread. Relatively easy mod and now it scores like rules state on the playfield!!!

Dono, you're just too good a player.
You must have been banned from your local arcade as a kid.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Dono, you're just too good a player.
You must have been banned from your local arcade as a kid.

I do remember being watched by the manager of an amusement arcade on the boardwalk at Rehoboth Beach DE... he kept wondering how I was racking up games on several of the pins they had on the floor back in the 70s ... I remember two games especialy - GTB Jumping Jack and a WMS Gulfstream. He made it a habit to watch the game as I was playing to make sure all playfield functions were working properly and scoring correct values...

the management there always had their games working properly; sadly it's mostly redemption games and kiddy rides now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/team-one-anyone-upgraded-their-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.