• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Billc479
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ball_count_switch_at_5_to_play_with_comment.pdf (PDF preview)
Outhole_(resized).JPG
DSCN1937_(resized).JPG
DSCN1935_(resized).JPG
DSCN1934_(resized).JPG
DSCN1933_(resized).JPG
#1 8 years ago

I am stuck on the start up sequence, and need a sanity check. I think the issue is the AX relay, but...
When starting the machine, the Lightbox sequence will go to "zero", the drop targets reset, and the score reels all return to zero. The balls to play unit indexes up to light up 5 to play, but continually hammers as if to go to 6, 7, or higher to play. Also, the R relay does not energize, thus the TILT light is always on.

So my questions are: When is the AX Relay Reset supposed to energize? When does the Hold Relay energize to turn off the TILT light? Am I correct in thinking the issue is with the AX (Reset Completed Relay)relay?

I can't find a start up sequence for this machine, and the generic notes I can find are not helping me. Thanks in advance.

Bill C

#2 8 years ago

Hey Bill,

While I am by no means a wiz like many of the others on this site, I do happen to have a working Team One. So, if there is any desire on your part to possibly talk with me while I am looking at my machine and you yours, I am happy to do that in an effort to assist you. You can reach me by text on my cell at 216-407-6553. If this works for you, just let me know when you may be able to do it and I will give you a call and we can talk it through.

Hopefully this will help find the bug.

George

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I can't find a start up sequence for this machine

They're typically aren't Operator Manuals for AAB games, and that's where the startup sequence usually resides.

Do you have the schematic? It will show the path to AXR (AX Reset), and the Hold relay.

#4 8 years ago

Keep in mind that game has TWO "ball count" units in the head. If one isn't workin right the game will never reset. I'd check those both out and go from there.

#5 8 years ago

check for stuck coin switch...

#6 8 years ago

Update - narrowed down problem to AX Reset Relay not pulling in - I'll keep working at the cause. If I manually trip the reset relay, then nothing was happening. I traced that down to the machine not sensing a ball in the ball kickout hole. I think I am missing something, because there is nothing that activates the the switch. See the pics. The Hole Switch Arm (C-15708) looks good and appears to match the parts manual.

I can't find what I am missing, so if anyone has a picture and a part number of what I am missing, I would appreciate it. Thanks

DSCN1933_(resized).JPGDSCN1933_(resized).JPG

DSCN1934_(resized).JPGDSCN1934_(resized).JPG

DSCN1935_(resized).JPGDSCN1935_(resized).JPG

DSCN1937_(resized).JPGDSCN1937_(resized).JPG

#7 8 years ago

The switch stack is supposed to sit over the outhole plastic lever, so when the ball is in the outhole and the lever dips down, it closes the switch. Looks like your switch stack is rotated off to the side instead.

Here's a pic of a random one I could find.

Outhole_(resized).JPGOuthole_(resized).JPG

#8 8 years ago

Dirtflipper - Thanks - I thought there might have been a wire form that was missing. I was able to move the switch stack over the plastic lever and that part now works. I didn't think there was that much play in it, but there was.

4 months later
#9 7 years ago

Finally figured out why the ball count unit kept hammering - the problem was physical. The switch backup plate (?) was bent, which did not allow the contacts on the stepper unit to make, which in turns activates the AX relay. When I straightened out that thick metal piece, that allowed the stepper unit to advance past 5 balls to play just enough to where the contacts at the bottom of the moving contacts on the outside of the stepper made it to the rivets.

My words are probably bad, but I am attaching a picture that will hopefully make it clearer.

I don't know how the back up plate got bent, but who knows. I did get three games in before she started to act up, so back to the drawing board.

Ball_count_switch_at_5_to_play_with_comment.pdfBall_count_switch_at_5_to_play_with_comment.pdf

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/team-one-aab-start-up-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.