Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

I17 TEAM PLAY HD R (resized).jpg
#1 9 years ago

Here's a demonstration of team gameplay, where a group of players can cooperate against a common opponent (or group of opponents). This is one of many features we have planned to make pinball more fun for groups of players.

Be sure to watch it in fullscreen mode so you can see the details.

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#2 9 years ago

What an awesome idea. Very cool!

--Luke

#3 9 years ago

Love the smoke trail the ball leaves.

#4 9 years ago

This is great, Gerry. Such a fun idea. Your Kid/Dad example is awesome, but this also works great for 3 Newbs vs Pinball Wizard etc.

You are building something really cool! I can't wait to play it again.

#5 9 years ago

Very cool,

Just thinking, you could have a "doubles" high score table as well, a leaderboard for two-player teams.

#6 9 years ago

Another amazing idea, its looking great guys! Profiles are genius.

#7 9 years ago

From now on... Gerry; your on your own team.... and Brandon and I are against you.

Great feature - you keep one upping these features.

#8 9 years ago

I certainly could have used a teammate vs. Gerry.

Rory

#9 9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, guys. We feel like this feature could have a big impact on playing experiences in homes and at parties.

Quoted from Zitt:

From now on... Gerry; your on your own team.... and Brandon and I are against you.

No worries. I know all of the secret button combos.

- Gerry

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

No worries. I know all of the secret button combos.

The drawback to open source code.... nothing will be secret long!

#11 9 years ago

Except Gerry has this hidden hack scripts... and a 2year jump start on the rest of us.

#12 9 years ago

That is great! Will there be a possibility of having each player on a team be able to track his/her own score and also give a composite team score? In that way players could still possibly get high scores on their own and would possibly have a little bragging right amongst the teammates on who did the best.

Just a thought. What you have now is awesome already.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Will there be a possibility of having each player on a team be able to track his/her own score and also give a composite team score?

An aggregate team mode? Sure, I'll add that to the list. Just need to figure out the right way/time to display the aggregate score(s) without confusing the players.

- Gerry

#14 9 years ago

Pretty cool. I like it due to the fact I can't get anyone to play against me anymore in the household. I did get two of my family members to add their scores onetime but, that was it. Just one time. But with the added and very visual modes on this game it might make all the difference in getting them to play more. Thumbs up.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

An aggregate team mode? Sure, I'll add that to the list. Just need to figure out the right way/time to display the aggregate score(s) without confusing the players.

Maybe an attract mode "breakout" button press when it's on the final score menu? Kinda like a Windows "next" button?

#16 9 years ago

Man, this team play feature is so cool! I can see it being useful in party settings too. Occasionally a group of our pinball friends will gather at someone's house and we'll have a "Wife Swap Tournament." Basically, we divide into male/female teams, but you can't be on the same team as your significant other. I can see this working well in that environment, as you're both accomplishing goals together. Also, my wife and I have cooperative games we'll play (mostly board games) when we don't feel like being competitive. I can see this working well in a couple's home environment too (just two people on a single team) playing a cooperative game of pinball! Man...I love it.

Keep it comin', Gerry!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#17 9 years ago

#18 9 years ago

I hope you guys have a canadian distributor in mind...

#19 9 years ago

great feature

5 years later
#20 3 years ago

Reminder to all P3 owners... P3 games have "team play". Start a game with a group of players and play cooperatively on one team or split up into multiple teams and battle it out!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

I17 TEAM PLAY HD R (resized).jpgI17 TEAM PLAY HD R (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/team-gameplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.