Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Svendtube
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

When I reset my game the BALL IN PLAY light goes to 1, the score motor runs, the bank resets, the outhole kicks a ball to the shooter lane, and the BALL IN PLAY light advances to 2. Never got a change to play Ball #1. Can someone help me correct this issue?

#2 5 years ago

Check your position on the ball counter stepper unit. It's likely off by one. During start up, it should decrement to "zero", then increment to one when the ball rolls out.

#3 5 years ago

Good reading on steppers from Clay's guide: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#steps

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Check your position on the ball counter stepper unit. It's likely off by one. During start up, it should decrement to "zero", then increment to one when the ball rolls out.

I'm about 99% sure there is not a problem with the stepper. It resets to ball #1 position against hard metal stops. Unadjustable except for maybe a very slight adjustment moving the "fixed" board....not enough to move one complete rivet position. I think the issue is more in the timing/switching during reset, but I have been pouring over this the past 2 days and can't see it.

#5 5 years ago

Did this just start, or has it always been that way?

#6 5 years ago

Index the ball count unit by hand to see if the shoes/contacts line up properly for all five balls. After game start, remove the ball, and index the ball count unit up and down, look at ball number on backglass to see them change.

If you really think its a timing issue, check switch 4A on your motor for good contact wipe.

#7 5 years ago

I just picked up this non working game last week. Been doing this since I got it powered up. The shoes line up properly on the stepper. It can't decrement to zero. It can only go as low as ball 1. It steps through all 5 balls fine. Switch 4A is good and working. When a new game is started, the ball count stepper decrements to ball 1. When the ball is kicked to the shooter lane it triggers the trough switch and steps up the ball count unit to ball 2.

#8 5 years ago

OK - without looking at the schematic, my gut tells me you have a switch in the permanently closed position. Follow the path for the ball increment, and see what switches are involved. Check each one of them to verify they open when they are supposed to.

#9 5 years ago

Traced the problem to a short causing the "game" relay to energize at game reset. It shouldn't energize until the first point is scored. When the game relay is energized it enables the ball trough switch circuit. Took me a long time (2 days) to figure that one out and trace down the problem! Time for a margarita.

1 week later
#10 5 years ago

Push the replay button again and it will go to ball 1,you can play starting at ball 1 ,and figure out why the game relay is energized down the road.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teacher-s-pet-game-starts-on-ball-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.