Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lamp Wiring (resized).JPG
bulb diagram (resized).jpg
14834885836921209110987 (resized).jpg
1483488559922909486607 (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

So per this lamp matrix, the electrons flow into bulb via yellow/green, into the neg end of diode, then out into red/grey.

I'm not sure about the various tabs on the socket, if this is wired correctly or not. I suspect it is not, because the bulb is always on, rather than being controlled (and the diode checks ok). Can someone hook me up with a diagram of an actual socket?

1483488559922909486607 (resized).jpg1483488559922909486607 (resized).jpg

14834885836921209110987 (resized).jpg14834885836921209110987 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Always on seems weird, but for one: the diagram shows the banded side connected to red, but your picture has the unbanded side to red

#3 7 years ago

Compare it to other sockets in your game. Base colors on wires the same, yellow or red. Stripes different. Black end of diode and silver end of diode go to the same spots too.

If it's on all the time, the transistor that drives it might bad.

LTG : )

#4 7 years ago

Ok, so was wired wrong. I have corrected this, thanks Zacaj and Lloyd!

Is this diagram correct / typical of all bulbs? How I'm thinking they work now is that current comes in the tab attached to the bulb base. Somewhere inside the bulb, this gets base is attached to one end of the filament. The other end of the filament is connected to the little lead point at the bottom of the bulb, so power flows out through the lead, into the bottom leaf of the socket. The middle leaf of the socket is completely insulated from all of this which makes it simpler to use components like diodes in the bulb wiring. More or less correct?

Best quality diagram evarrrBest quality diagram evarrr

Thanks!

#5 7 years ago

Middle leaf is isolated, yes. Just there for mounting the diode on

#6 7 years ago

Pics say more than words ....

Lamp Wiring (resized).JPGLamp Wiring (resized).JPG

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

Pics say more than words ....

I am going to print that mofo and tape it to a wall, thanks Ingo!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teach-me-about-lamp-sockets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.