(Topic ID: 233784)

TCA: How to build The Best DIY Pinball Rotisserie

By ChanceKJ

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    E87A4D93-1A2D-4A83-86A1-CF4B8CC921B4 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

Pinball can be pretty expensive. You shouldn't always have to pay an arm and a leg for some of the specialty tools that make ownership easy. In this episode, Josh and Chance show you have to make a quality DIY Playfield Rotisserie that's a step up from using iron pipes and 2x4's

E87A4D93-1A2D-4A83-86A1-CF4B8CC921B4 (resized).jpegE87A4D93-1A2D-4A83-86A1-CF4B8CC921B4 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #2 5 years ago

Thanks for taking the time ChanceKJ to share this and make a great video as well to document the process.

What I like about this design is that there is minimal work involved and I get a miter saw stand in the process . I've got a few playfield swaps ahead of me so this is well timed.

BTW that Chance pinball looks awesome! Looks like Power Play, Abra Ca Dabra and Jack in the Box got together and had a baby What's the story behind the game ? Did you come across it by "chance" or did you have to track it down?

Cheers
    Woz

#3 5 years ago

I saw it pop up on Kijiji and sent it to him as a joke, and the crazy guy goes and buys it! If it had been titled anything other than “Chance” I am pretty sure it wouldn’t have happened.

Fun Fact: Chance has a sister named Community Chest...

3 months later
    #4 4 years ago

I noticed the vertical square tubes are offset from each other. So does it tend to shift the playfield on the angle iron when rotating?

4 weeks later
    #5 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I noticed the vertical square tubes are offset from each other. So does it tend to shift the playfield on the angle iron when rotating?

Im not really sure what you’re asking?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChanceKJ:

Im not really sure what you’re asking?

If you look where I circled in blue, they are not in a straight line. So when you mount the parts that rotates, they are offset from each other (not on the same axis). Does that cause a binding issue when the PF is rotated?
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7 4 years ago

AH! Now i get it.

No, not at all. It works quite well. Plus its not as if you’re freely spinning your playfield around the rotisserie at a high, sub sonic RPM. so I wouldn’t be to terribly concerned

1 month later
    #8 4 years ago

I'm using a festool Best Miter Saw Standnow, it's cool but I wish there was a adjustment in miter between 44 and 45 like the one in compound. It's difficult to set up 45,5 and less.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tca-how-to-build-the-best-diy-pinball-rotisserie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.