IMG_1768.jpg
IMG_1767.jpg
IMG_1765.jpg
IMG_1766.jpg
IMG_1765.jpg
IMG_1764.jpg
IMG_1763.jpg
IMG_1761.jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Treasure Cove Restored MB about 5 months less than 100 games and in 100% working order.
Clear coated pf
Hard Chrome PDI backbox hinges/siderails/chrome door/lock down bar
Extra chroming of interior.. cabinet brackets/power supply/transformer brackets/ps adapter box lock down bar bracket
All new plastics
Red pinbits cover
Flipper fidelity speaker upgrades/LED backbox effects
Black mirror blades
new mosh pit VUK
dry applied GEN 2 decals
Cointaker premium LED throughout (kit)
$11,000 OBO

UPDATE: the only trade I would consider would be taking over your spot on a RAZA or maybe Magic Girl by John Popadiuk

Folllow this link for photos of machine just after restoration being shipped from TC
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-restored-mb

See photos of machine in work room from today. Will be updating with a few others from different room as there seems to be a lot of glare from the fluorescent lights.

The Very Good: all of the above. plays well. clear coat appears to be very good. Machine and cabinet are a mix of new and well restored.

Less than perfect: I've always tried to be upfront and honest as possible to others on this forum as that's the way I've been treated by others here (at least so far...) but the decals definitely tried to wrinkle around the edges of the cabinet protectors. This appeared to be mostly my fault as I was unaware of needing to push up protectors and legs well before setting bolts securely. Legs were removed and most of wrinkles either reduced down or able to flatten back out then reset legs correctly which the close up pics show. Otherwise decals perfectly applied smooth and looks great.

IMG_1759.jpgIMG_1759.jpg
IMG_1753.jpgIMG_1753.jpg
IMG_1760.jpgIMG_1760.jpg
IMG_1756.jpgIMG_1756.jpg
IMG_1750.jpgIMG_1750.jpg
IMG_1754.jpgIMG_1754.jpg
IMG_1757.jpgIMG_1757.jpg
IMG_1758.jpgIMG_1758.jpg
IMG_1761.jpgIMG_1761.jpg
IMG_1763.jpgIMG_1763.jpg
IMG_1764.jpgIMG_1764.jpg

#2 10 years ago

More photos of interior

IMG_1766.jpgIMG_1766.jpg IMG_1765.jpgIMG_1765.jpg IMG_1767.jpgIMG_1767.jpg IMG_1768.jpgIMG_1768.jpg IMG_1769.jpgIMG_1769.jpg IMG_1771.jpgIMG_1771.jpg IMG_1772.jpgIMG_1772.jpg IMG_1775.jpgIMG_1775.jpg IMG_1776.jpgIMG_1776.jpg IMG_1777.jpgIMG_1777.jpg IMG_1778.jpgIMG_1778.jpg
#3 10 years ago

pjhro.jpgpjhro.jpg

Seriously though, looks great. GLWS.

#4 10 years ago

Nice game, if routed ones are still an easy 8K this is a steal.

It would not have occured to me to chrome some of those things, but I like it. It is a way of saying this game got a special treatment, not much expense spared.

#5 10 years ago

Not a bad price at all for a restored, blinged out example like this. GLWTS!

#6 10 years ago

MB is my grail pin and I want this one so bad, sadly used my yearly budget, hope one atleast somewhat as nice as this one comes up for sale next year. GLWS this one shouldn't last long.

#7 10 years ago

beautiful pin! love all of the chrome.

#8 10 years ago

WOW!!! That my friend looks sweet. Makes me want a nice game like that even more. GLWS

#9 10 years ago

PM sent

#10 10 years ago

That's a steal. I'd buy it if I did not have a restored one already.

#11 10 years ago

This is why no one with these kind of games has to panic. No remake will be as nice as this. Games like this are a class of their own and always will be. Someone will be very fortunate to get this.

#13 10 years ago

You beat me to it, well another bump for a great looking MB!

#14 10 years ago

I wish i could find a players game that was priced as fairly as this is for it's condition.

#15 10 years ago

Great game and great price

#16 10 years ago

Looks amazeballs!!!!!

#17 10 years ago

Wow! Beautiful! $11 obo means $10 something. Nice!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

This is why no one with these kind of games has to panic. No remake will be as nice as this. Games like this are a class of their own and always will be. Someone will be very fortunate to get this.

Even if PPS were to remake this game at $8K, it would still cost you a ton extra to add all the chrome and mods to it. If someone is looking for a high-end MB, this is the one to jump on.

#19 10 years ago

I'm currently restoring one and couldn't sell mine this cheap when done - great machine.

#20 10 years ago

Yes
This machine costs WAY more than asking price...of course buying a new machine and restoring is always a money loser! If wife was bigger fan I'd be keeping this machine

#21 10 years ago

More I look at the pics the more I want it!! Someone please buy ASAP before I try to sell my being delivered within a few hours NIB WOZECLE, to buy this beautiful MB!

#22 10 years ago

That was my machine... Came out nice!

#23 10 years ago

You sold this to Allen at TC?

#25 10 years ago

Nice Game!

Here's the only other item this game needs,... better leg protectors.
I just saw these a month or so ago and we're now installing them on all games w/ decals. (I wish I knew about them when I did this game).
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

Anyway,... whomever buys this game,... email me and I'll buy you a set of leg protectors that will not wrinkle the decals.

GLWTS
Allen @ TreasureCove

#26 10 years ago

GLWTS, wish I had the cash to splash around.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from treasurecove:

Nice Game!
Here's the only other item this game needs,... better leg protectors.
I just saw these a month or so ago and we're now installing them on all games w/ decals. (I wish I knew about them when I did this game).
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711
Anyway,... whomever buys this game,... email me and I'll buy you a set of leg protectors that will not wrinkle the decals.
GLWTS
Allen @ TreasureCove

Class Act all the way! Those current ones should never be used with decals these days.

Also, when you use the above referenced protectors, make sure you score around the edge of them with a razor. This way, the decal won't wrinkle from nudging (because it's technically not attached to the rest of the decal anymore).

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Class Act all the way!

^^^^^ This

#29 10 years ago

Yes, thanks Allen.
But instead I will place protectors on machine here before shipping. It's obvious from reading several other recent posts (from even other restorers and shop jobs) that this is a known issue with decals... even when professionally applied.
Whomever buys it can let me know it they would rather place and cut pinball life protectors on their own instead...

#30 10 years ago

Im amazed this is still available! Fortune in chrome alone on that MB. It would be 16 hours roundtrip from central illinois,MB is at the top of my list. Wish somebody would just buy it!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from sb80:

Im amazed this is still available! Fortune in chrome alone on that MB. It would be 16 hours roundtrip from central illinois,MB is at the top of my list. Wish somebody would just buy it!

I'm in the same boat, longer this is available the more I think "how can I get it?"

#32 10 years ago

Beautiful example OP & the price is nice.

Some advice if shipping NAVL Blanket Wrap/legs-on:

Wouldn't recommend shipping with Pincabs on a decalled game--ever.

Reason being: Pincabs don't act much differently than steel legs do: they come in direct contact with the decal and therefore rub--and this will most definitely cause additional wrinkling.

If shipping legs-on, buy a set of Stern leg protectors from PBL and install before shipping (that way, nothing will come in contact with the decals); then trim back around the metal protector with a blade as mentioned previously.

GLWTS.

#33 10 years ago

Yes, exactly... that's what was meant by my post... the Stern style metal protectors Allen offered will be installed before shipping... current ones will no longer be used.. on way from PBLife as we speak..

#34 10 years ago

At this point the only trade I would consider would be for a John Popaduik game RAZA or Magic Girl.. your spot based on deposits made so far.

#35 10 years ago

anyone want to but my nowhere near as nice MB so I can buy this one?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from cableguy918:

anyone want to but my nowhere near as nice MB so I can buy this one?

Maybe? Pm me a price and pics.

#37 10 years ago

I'll see if I can get some pics together later tonight.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from cableguy918:

I'll see if I can get some pics together later tonight.

shoot me a price and brief description. no need for pics if we're far apart. this is a longshot, i'm guessing but i am genuinely curious.

#39 10 years ago

This thing hasn't sold yet?

$11,000 for a brand spanking new MB with all the extras is a damn good price.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

This thing hasn't sold yet?
$11,000 for a brand spanking new MB with all the extras is a damn good price.

I'm surprised to!

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Moose615:

I'm surprised to!

I had one that almost looked like it was restored that I listed on here for $8500 and was getting reamed on the price (and someone else with a higher priced one a week later in worse shape got a lot of "great prices!" listed....a lot of times I just wonder what the deal is why people attack one thread but not another...

I understand this cost way more than $11K to be done by Treasure Cove and is a very nice machine. It is just going to have to go to a higher end buyer and that can be tough when it has to be a very specific buyer.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

had one that almost looked like it was restored that I listed on here for $8500

$9000 and you wanted people to trade you games at rock bottom prices. I see you have 37 more games than a year ago, good job!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fst-monster-bash-pinball-machine-with-topper

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

$9000 and you wanted people to trade you games at rock bottom prices. I see you have 37 more games than a year ago, good job!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fst-monster-bash-pinball-machine-with-topper

Went down to $8500, and again, the machine was as comparable as this one. See how routed machines in this thread are going for $8000 I don't see what the fuss was about. My whole point is that there wasn't anything "rock bottom" there, a couple of games with pricing I put that were a little lower than normal, I have people offering me $1000 games for $3000 games all the time, but they do it privately. Everyone on here would do that, but that's besides the point.

And about my number of "games", you realize I have an arcade/pinball place I opened for the community, right? Not sure what the deal is with all the sarcasm here, but if you had 25 cent AC/DC and 50 cent Star Trek, weren't making money and getting all these games up and going so your area can play it at fractions of what you probably can play them for anywhere else, you may change your tune a bit, but again, it's Pinside these days. I have to wait for people that actually KNOW me to post.

Don't want to derail the guy's thread or anything, (since I probably have already) but it's a very nice pin and I hope it goes to a great home =)

#44 10 years ago

I would of bought your MB for 8500 mr dream tr. A game like that you always get the upper hand in a trade, plus your an operator, its life.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Went down to $8500, and again, the machine was as comparable as this one. See how routed machines in this thread are going for $8000 I don't see what the fuss was about. My whole point is that there wasn't anything "rock bottom" there, a couple of games with pricing I put that were a little lower than normal, I have people offering me $1000 games for $3000 games all the time, but they do it privately. Everyone on here would do that, but that's besides the point.
And about my number of "games", you realize I have an arcade/pinball place I opened for the community, right? Not sure what the deal is with all the sarcasm here, but if you had 25 cent AC/DC and 50 cent Star Trek, weren't making money and getting all these games up and going so your area can play it at fractions of what you probably can play them for anywhere else, you may change your tune a bit, but again, it's Pinside these days. I have to wait for people that actually KNOW me to post.
Don't want to derail the guy's thread or anything, (since I probably have already) but it's a very nice pin and I hope it goes to a great home =)

I wish I had seen that you were selling one Jason, I def missed the boat on a local MB ;(

#47 10 years ago

I think the days of high end rest. are dead! I'm starting to see itit for myself. trying to sell a machine and all I hear is why buy yours when I can have a NIB. End of one era...the beginning of another!

#48 10 years ago

TATA.. why don't you find your own thread for your opinions/rants

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I think the days of high end rest. are dead! I'm starting to see itit for myself. trying to sell a machine and all I hear is why buy yours when I can have a NIB. End of one era...the beginning of another!

Maybe it's because the game you are selling isn't a high end restoration. (or any restoration for that matter, it's a unshopped player's condition MM, by your own description). Right or wrong on high end restorations, your comparison isn't even in the same ballpark.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Just had another inquiry about doing a MM yesterday, so I’m not sure everyone has given up on restorations

If/when MB is remade I’m pretty sure it won’t be as nice as this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tc-restored-mb-fs-11000-obo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.