51%
  • Maybe. I'm keeping an eye on the situation. 29 votes
    17%

(169 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
MarkCuban.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I don't think you read it correctly then. Phil said he would forgo all future earnings. I don't recall him saying he was going to give up the money already invested into the company. If what you said was the case then I don't see Phil going quite so Nuclear if this was just holding onto other peoples money in the form of deposits at DP USA. I saw him instead as a sick man who has ALL of his own money invested in this company and if he dies tomorrow what has he left for his family but debt. He wanted out and wants his money he invested back out of the company. I see this as a real problem if he still has control over whatever funds might be left in DP USA he can hold it hostage until someone steps in to repay him his investment so he can leave the company.

That's not what I took from Phil's tirade. From what I remember he talked of using his own money somewhere in the 10s of thousands and said that Barry and company could keep it but just get his ssn and name off the company.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

At this point, why would anyone keep a pre-order when it's not a limited run pin? What do you have to lose by getting your pre-order refunded and then buying one after seeing the final product??

$500, a rug, chrome rails, legs and lockdown bar. Im not thinking thats worth the gamble. At this point its gonna have to be half down now and full payment upon my game being produced. It is still a lot to risk but would basically help ease the fear. We will find out what DP wants to do sometime soon im sure.

#74 9 years ago

I'd like to add the first red flag was that they couldn't even deliver on the t-shirts

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

DP really need to set a deadline for people who got a refund to re-submit their pre-order payment... with no deadline, the people who did get a refund from Phil have no incentive at all to get back in... they basically have a ´have your cake and eat it´ ticket...
Anyway, I´m in... I almost got freaked by the panic, but after some reflection I decided it was probably nothing more than that... I feel confident that we will get past this... It´s a shame that Phil decided to initiate such panic, and from what I can tell, it has cost DP about 50% of their orders (going on this pole), I just don´t want to be part of the reasn that this ship loses steam, or even sinks! I pre-ordered for a reason, and the reason is still here.

Well if they set the deadline to less than 30 days then I'm out since my money is on a 30 day hold to get back to my card, and who's fault is it? Dutch Pinball. They need a new incentive to get the people out, back and to keep the ones in, happy. My suggestion is half due now and not have to pay the rest till our games are built. If you want to pay off your game early you can. I'm sure they are trying to find the best solution to maximize the amount of people that preorder. I think 40 to 50 percent of us arent willing to risk $8500 after this fiasco.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
15,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-whos-staying-in?tu=Kcpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.