• Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
TBL_Production_Schedule_(resized).png
TBL_Factory_(resized).jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Fresh from this AM's email:

Dear Tim,

We would like to invite you to our production facility Apparatenfabriek ARA in Aalten, The Netherlands on Friday February 12th. All VIPs are welcome from 15:00 - 21:00 (3PM - 9PM) for an exclusive look behind the scenes in the factory!

After the tour you can also meet the team, play the game and enjoy a snack and a White Russian of course

If you want to come to this VIP Factory Tour, please let us know before wednesday the 10th of February. Please send an email to [email protected].

When will I get my TBL?

That is a question we get a lot and we would love to give you an exact date but… Since this is the first time we build a pinball machine we are not sure that the production schedule we planned is realistic and reliable. We believe that quality is more important than the production schedule so please bear with us.

Our schedule is that we will build the first 3 games in week number 8 (February 22 - 26). In week number 9 we plan to build 3 TBLs, 4 in week 10, 5 in week 11 and slowly ramp up to 10 TBLs a week. The games will be send out in batches.

As we said: quality is more important than the production schedule but we thought it would be good to share this with you.

Production planning (no rights can be derived from this planning)

We tested well, and thorough…
To be absolutely sure that your TBL meets your expectations, our prodution facility performed various endurance testing and testing under extreme conditions in the past couple of months. In the videos below you see the boards and assemblies being tested for endurance, and a Climate Chamber test at 50 degrees Celcius (122 degrees Fahrenheit)!!

Climate Chamber Test Video

| Endurance Test Video

Well, that's it for now, we hope we can welcome you next week - although we understand that for some of you visiting The Netherlands will be a big ask, especially on such short notice.

We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new shit' to show you guys!

Until then, stay tuned.

Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball

TBL Factory: Apparatenfabriek ARA in Aalten (The Netherlands)

TBL_Factory_(resized).jpgTBL_Factory_(resized).jpg

TBL_Production_Schedule_(resized).pngTBL_Production_Schedule_(resized).png

#2 8 years ago

Very tentative as they say but good to see. Looks like week 12 for me if they hold.

One thing I wish they would of started to address is shipping. Will they pile up there till 40 are available (container ship) or air drop as they are done or ??

#3 8 years ago

I hope there are gaps in the numbers from cancellations so mine is ready sooner. Nice update finally.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Will they pile up there till 40 are available (container ship) or air drop as they are done or

"ship in batches" they wrote, so yes you may have to wait a bit.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

"ship in batches" they wrote, so yes you may have to wait a bit.

Oops skimmed right through. So if we go by 40 (think that's number ive heard before) for full container for USA .. mid April/ early may depending on % that are USA in early orders. So, hoping batches smaller than that

#6 8 years ago

Who's Tim?

#7 8 years ago

I'm Tim

(an official TBL "Early Achiever")

#8 8 years ago

Will for example # 10 be delivered to a european costumer sooner than # 1 to overseas... I don't think so.

#9 8 years ago

If the true serial number is going to be followed then some people with early numbers will be waiting until later numbers are made and containers filled before shipping!

#10 8 years ago

Yeah early on they said your serial # was your build #, advertised it as a feature

However, logistically this seems a nightmare to warehouse a lot of games until a 'batch' is full. Especially if the batch is large like 30-40 games. We'll see.

My wife says I should fly out to the Netherlands for the weekend but .. Man.. That is a lot of time on an airplane.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

My wife says I should fly out to the Netherlands for the weekend but .. Man.. That is a lot of time on an airplane.

Just bring headphones and plenty of Creedence!

#12 8 years ago

I assume they have space at or are using a third party for assembly? That factory / facility can't be all them?

#13 8 years ago

Some people call this guy Tim.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I assume they have space at or are using a third party for assembly? That factory / facility can't be all them?

Third party does assembly

#15 8 years ago

Just subscribed to the event next week Friday. It is gone be awesome

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Don't forget camera

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pics and video please!!

#18 8 years ago

So my cointaker pin will be around Christmas

#19 8 years ago

Wow, the lack of enthusiasm / interest in this pin is surprising. Literally this is great news and more action in the cinnamon bun thread. Hope you guys get the game soon.

Just curious, how many pins does Stern build a week?

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Wow, the lack of enthusiasm / interest in this pin is surprising. Literally this is great news and more action in the cinnamon bun thread. Hope you guys get the game soon.

I think that other than the comparatively few of us active Pinside posters who actually have $ invested in TBL, most have adopted an "I'll believe it when I see it." perspective due to the long delays and various setbacks over the past year.

#21 8 years ago

It is hard to keep enthusiasm going this long. Nothing against DP.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

It is hard to keep enthusiasm going this long. Nothing against DP.

Go see Hail Caesar this weekend...get those Coen juices flowing...you'll get hyped up again!

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Wow, the lack of enthusiasm / interest in this pin is surprising.

It's because people in on TBL are realistic and level-headed. We know a good product when we see it, even if it means waiting a little longer for it.

#24 8 years ago

Still very enthusiastic about TBL - so enthusiastic, that I am willing to wait until it is done!

#25 8 years ago

I'm really looking forward to playing on location this year (thanks inhomearcades).

Big fan of the theme. I enjoyed the protos but the unfinished code and the reliability issues made it hard to envision how the production game will play.

Hoping for something truly great!

#26 8 years ago

We're close now. Heck, I have more visibility on when I'll get this game than when I'll get my MMR.

#27 8 years ago

DP is no more off schedule, in fact less, than JJP. I look forward to both and have a healthy dose of respect for how difficult it is to build a new business -- let alone a new pinball machine infrastructure.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Ask the Silver Castle guys how they're getting on with Timeshock if they're at the event (assume they will be).

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Go see Hail Caesar this weekend...get those Coen juices flowing...you'll get hyped up again!

Just saw it and kind of enjoyed it, but it is far from Coen bros best effort...

#30 8 years ago

No one will be looking for a HC pin, lol.

#31 8 years ago

Dude, my tbl will get here when it gets here. It's not a lack of enthusiasm it's just being mellow and not talking shit about a company that is busting their humps trying to make a great pin. And a good day to you sir!

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Ask the Silver Castle guys how they're getting on with Timeshock if they're at the event (assume they will be).

If I see them I will ask but have no reason to think they will be there. This is a closed event after all and to the best of my knowledge the people with Silver Castle hasn't bought a TBL.

To the rest, yep, no worries, I am bringing a camera

#33 8 years ago

I'm hoping to get to Aalten next Friday - it's not the easiest place to get to from the UK, but it's only a couple of hours by train from Amsterdam so I thought I could do a short weekend break there and head over to Aalten for a few hours on Friday.

If I do I'll be sure to take photos and report back.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If I see them I will ask but have no reason to think they will be there. This is a closed event after all and to the best of my knowledge the people with Silver Castle hasn't bought a TBL.
To the rest, yep, no worries, I am bringing a camera

They'd both posted stuff on social media supporting each other in the past, and assumed most 'important' people in pinball in NL would go. Hope you get to ask.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They'd both posted stuff on social media supporting each other in the past, and assumed most 'important' people in pinball in NL would go. Hope you get to ask.

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I'm hoping to get to Aalten next Friday - it's not the easiest place to get to from the UK, but it's only a couple of hours by train from Amsterdam so I thought I could do a short weekend break there and head over to Aalten for a few hours on Friday.
If I do I'll be sure to take photos and report back.

Dont know if you got the mail of today but it is crucial to be there from the start. This as the factory closes at 1700u and party continues outside the plant itself. So if you don't wanna miss the factory tour be on time.

Also struggling myself to get there this early. Have to redirect some work appointments

#36 8 years ago

I think a lot of us are like the Dude, we're chilling and not getting worried or what not, I trust TBL to make it as amazing as possible

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Dear Tim,
We would like to invite you to our production facility Apparatenfabriek ARA in Aalten, The Netherlands on Friday February 12th. All VIPs are welcome from 15:00 - 21:00 (3PM - 9PM) for an exclusive look behind the scenes in the factory!
After the tour you can also meet the team, play the game and enjoy a snack and a White Russian of course
If you want to come to this VIP Factory Tour, please let us know before wednesday the 10th of February. Please send an email to [email protected].
When will I get my TBL?
That is a question we get a lot and we would love to give you an exact date but… Since this is the first time we build a pinball machine we are not sure that the production schedule we planned is realistic and reliable. We believe that quality is more important than the production schedule so please bear with us.
Our schedule is that we will build the first 3 games in week number 8 (February 22 - 26). In week number 9 we plan to build 3 TBLs, 4 in week 10, 5 in week 11 and slowly ramp up to 10 TBLs a week. The games will be send out in batches.
As we said: quality is more important than the production schedule but we thought it would be good to share this with you.
To be absolutely sure that your TBL meets your expectations, our prodution facility performed various endurance testing and testing under extreme conditions in the past couple of months. In the videos below you see the boards and assemblies being tested for endurance, and a Climate Chamber test at 50 degrees Celcius (122 degrees Fahrenheit)!!
» YouTube video
| Endurance Test Video
» YouTube video
Well, that's it for now, we hope we can welcome you next week - although we understand that for some of you visiting The Netherlands will be a big ask, especially on such short notice.
We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new shit' to show you guys!
Until then, stay tuned.
Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball

TBL_Factory_(resized).jpgTBL_Production_Schedule_(resized).png

Some clever coil testing, so that the software that drives the coil not burns it later at home.
And you don;t want a burnout powersupply when its ****** hot in the summer.

Great job guy's

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Have you SEEN The Big Lebowski? How else would you expect fans of the film to act?

#39 8 years ago

So yeah dudes got a day off from work tomorrow so I'll probably sleep late and then take the young'n down to the local pinball lunch spot (www.pinballgallery.net) and work on our early-80's Bally skillz. Be pretty sweet to see pics and vids when ever y'all get around to putting 'em up. I still want one of these, man. Have fun!

#40 8 years ago

Yeah - looking forward to seeing cool new info from DP and any Dudes who can attend!

#41 8 years ago

Dear Tim,
When will I get my TBL?
» YouTube video
| Endurance Test Video
» YouTube video
Until then, stay tuned.
Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball

Way to go DP! Another Pin company getting ready to ship a game.
It will get here when it gets here and it will be worth the wait.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

WOW! I can't believe Kendal trolling to make another cheap jab at another up and rising pinball company?
Who cares how many pins Stern makes a week. They have been in business for 30 years.
TBL and TH will ship and you'll still only have one pin. Support the hobby and buy some more games already.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Support the hobby and buy some more games already.

In all fairness, you don't have to own multiple pins to support the hobby. Living space (square footage) is a commodity in the bigger cities and many pinheads juggle other arcade games, hobbies, interests, and/or priorities on top of pinball.

Me? I horde Beanie Babies, Pokeman, and My Little Pony figures, which leaves no room for Medieval Madness or Full Throttle. Different strokes for different folks...

#44 8 years ago

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to Holland for the tour today - wish DP gave us a bit more notice because I'd love to have been there but just couldn't get the time off work at such short notice. Looking forward to seeing any pics/vids taken by those who are able to attend! Here's hoping we see some more developed code.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to Holland for the tour today - wish DP gave us a bit more notice because I'd love to have been there but just couldn't get the time off work at such short notice. Looking forward to seeing any pics/vids taken by those who are able to attend! Here's hoping we see some more developed code.

If anyone who's going has one, do take a camcorder and tripod if you're allowed and feel like it .... so much better than blurrycam (tm).

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

WOW! I can't believe Kendal trolling to make another cheap jab at another up and rising pinball company?
Who cares how many pins Stern makes a week. They have been in business for 30 years.
TBL and TH will ship and you'll still only have one pin. Support the hobby and buy some more games already.

I support this hobby, think TBL is gorgeous and who knows, it may be the new pin I get in 2016. Even if that means putting my LOTR in the shower (space issues). Much love,

K

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I support this hobby, think TBL is gorgeous and who knows, it may be the new pin I get in 2016. Even if that means putting my LOTR in the shower (space issues). Much love,
K

I only got to play it one time at a show last year. So couldn't really say anything about game play. I did like the layout of the game.
Can't wait to play it out in the wild.

2 weeks later
#49 8 years ago

Dear Tim,
When will I get my TBL?
» YouTube video
| Endurance Test Video
» YouTube video
Until then, stay tuned.
Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball

so did any games ship? per schedule games 4-6 should be shipped this week

#50 8 years ago

Production builds and shipping pins are 2 different things. I don't think the words "shipping date" have ever officially come from DP. At least I have never heard it. They just mention batches will be sent out once complete. That said I have no idea where things are. Did builds actually happen or were there more delays? Sure would be nice timing for another update from DP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-production-schedule-released and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.