(Topic ID: 85390)

The Big Lebowski Playfield Layout...discuss?

By burningman

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,405 posts
  • 218 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marmot.JPG
TBL_Rug2.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Geerts Balls.JPG
TBL J.JPG
kahlua_kamora.png
giphy.gif
playfieldPopulated1.png.jpeg
playfieldPopulated2.png.jpeg
2014-09-22 newRail.png
TBL_Rug.jpg
image-189.jpg
nails-1.jpg
image-413.jpg
bowling_01.png
dude.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#514 9 years ago

Just joined the pre order list

#521 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

^^^ ...how boring it's going to get shooting at balling pin targets?!

The mini bowling alley toy alone is more than what the new Stern LEs come with. Dutch Pinball is taking a killer theme and going all out IMO.

#522 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man I hope I can still pre-order. Just sent an email to Dutch, This is looking really great.

You get all the swag if you pre order by Oct 19.

http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/game

#525 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

This is so far your best move out of the 3.....

Mark those other pins a zero man! Or you're entering a world of pain!!

1 week later
#658 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I've been thinking about watching the movie again, but am afraid it will result in a pre-order...

The Dude: Ah, fuck it. The Big Lebowski: Fuck it! Yes! That's your answer. That's your answer for everything! Tattoo it on your forehead!

2 weeks later
#700 9 years ago
Quoted from JC_Pins:

Also not thrilled about the CFTBL window being used, don't like the ball diverting edge gap. Would have preferred the AC/DC style insert. It is the difference between guaranteed ball diversion or possible raised edged down the road, I'd take the later.

I am confident they will clear coat the PF. I cannot see DP dropping the bowling ball on this after what they have shown us so far.

https://www.facebook.com/dutchpinball/photos_stream?tab=photos_stream

1 week later
#707 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Where's the NSL, Lebowski?!
Where's the NSL, Lebowski?!!!
Where's the fucking NSL, sh*thead!!!!!
"Is it must be down somewhere in my mailaccount? I'll take another look..."

Instead of NSL, where is my DP T shirt!?!

#710 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Instead of NSL, where is my DP T shirt!?!

Well DP sent me my shirt and it arrived in the mail a few days ago!

1 week later
#730 9 years ago

TWD pfff edition... TBL is where its at!!

#749 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well with TWD clocking in at 8k. This game maybe the first game to overdeliver. The workmanship is evident. I can't wait to see more....

And it won't be 3 yrs till it arrives on our doorsteps!

2 weeks later
#853 9 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

'As a teaser, we've already taken a bunch of high-resolution pictures and some video of the game's attract mode and we will be publishing this later tonight once it has been revealed to the launch party guests.'
Well, that seems to confirm that we'll be seeing the machine this evening! Less than an hour to go...

Will we be impressed with what we see?

#857 9 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

I think they're gonna knock it out of the park.

Well I am wearing my DP t shirt under my bathrobe and sipping a White Russian to celebrate.

#867 9 years ago

To help pass the time between now and when new shit comes to light.

#871 9 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

First impression: blown away! This looks amazing!

Q2 2015 cannot come fast enough to add this title to my lineup. What will DPs next title be? Whatever it is I am sure it won't disappoint.

#874 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Wow sir, you win...Stern and JJP must surrender. This is one beautiful machine.

More like put up or shut up. There is a new sheriff in town and it's THE Dude.

#878 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I love the attention to detail, the pf is beautiful, the slings with the old wheelchair bound man on one end and the young hot chick on the other is a great contrast, the lighting is mesmerizing. The bowling mech must have cost half as much as the rest of the machine and the rug roll, bawhaaw (mind blown).

I love how the LEDs are glowing like incandescent blubs. I was mesmerized or perhaps it was the Dude passing the Dutchie one more time!!!

#896 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Did you guys just sit there and look at the machine the whole time? Where is the gameplay video?>

More like standing in awe and drooling over it. No game play footage as of yet.

#897 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Looks awesome. I wish I had 9 grand to blow on it.

Did someone say blow?

bunny.jpgbunny.jpg

#898 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Where is the gameplay video?>

Someday I hope we see a Bowen Karins tutorial because that will be awesome. Or Dutch Tommy aka Roy!

#902 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

That's gangster
Lucky sunnabitches you folks that are getting one.

Vee FUCK you up, man! Vee TAKE ze money!

Okay okay, my Oct 1 PayPal payment was slipped under the door man.

#912 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Now that we have two fun new gush threads for the "Reveal" and a cool thread for the "Art" -- perhaps this can be a playfield LAYOUT discussion thread after all?
ha! (impossible!)
The layout for TBL is MM.
It's an 8-shot fan parabola with an upper-center PF toy. If I had a CAD drawing of TBL, I'm confident it would line up right on top of MM's CAD drawing nearly perfectly.
Discuss.
Is continually re-using an Eddy MM fan layout good for pinball?
-mof

Could you please keep your voices down? This is a family restaurant.

Oh, please, dear! For your information, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint!

Walter, this is not a First Amendment thing, man.

Sir, if you don't calm down I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

Lady, I got buddies who died face-down in the muck so you and I could enjoy TBL Pinball!

#916 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Closer to a WH2O fucked a MM in a penthouse bowling alley, while on acid trip and some good quaaludes with the Dude.
It's not a cookie cutter fan layout as far as I can tell...

Not a cookie man, but a magic brownie.

#917 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Wow just wow
This game is light years ahead of any other game.
If anyone wants my JPOP spot on RAZA I'll sell it to you to buy TBL.

Are you saying that TBL is more impressive than what JPop has released so far in their version of the NSNL? Or is it because RAZA is not due out until 2016?

#937 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Achievers....DP was interviewed by Spinner magazine (I believe it's the Dutch Pinball leagues newsletter) I was able to get a copy of it and did a quick translation. Here it is. Its a little rough in translation, and the information is not new to us, but its a cool little article...
Everything indicates that this is the first chapter in a new book. A book of some kind that was written. Never before in the Netherlands. After the success of the BoP 2.0 men of Dutch Pinball venturing on a much bigger adventure: designing and producing their own pinball. Not in the U.S., but the development and production of The Big Lebowski Pinball take place in our little country.
As Spinner editors hope to publish a lot about how a dream come true. In early March 2014, the editors had a short interview with one of the men behind Dutch Pinball: NFV member Barry Driessen. Dutch Pinball team.
Can you briefly introduce our pillars? Barry: We work with a Dutch team with an international twist. One is an internationally known NFV member: Jean-Paul de Win (eg. known for his work for the Woz and the jubilee NFV). Also Koen Heltzel (software engineer) and Jules Reivers (sound design and music composer) are active members of the NFV and were also involved in the BoP 2.0 project. Jaap Nauta, which will operate as a project manager, I have known for a long time and has the flipper heart are also in the right place. Also with Roel Gommans, Freek van Haagen and Guus Fingskes I have more contact. International contributions come from Philip Weinberg and Scott Danesi.
The first time you talked about developing their own pinball machine, when was that? And who were there? In 2010, Koen and I already had ideas to build. Virtual pinball We’re both in IT. We had several ideas and then came TBL. We had seen the movie and thought it was a very appropriate theme: funny, good dialogues, beautiful quotes, interesting characters. Absurd story, but that just makes it really more suited to a theme. However, in 2010, came P-ROC, and went quickly to work with the BoP.
It was early 2013 when the idea came up again, partly in response to the lively discussion on Pinside about the fact that TBL would be. Such a nice theme I sat with Jaap in the pub and we were thinking aloud. Own pinball making: How should you address that? What do you have anyway? Why should we not? We were excited and went to work together to figure out how it was with the feasibility of such a plan. Again And those calculations looked pretty good ...
The step of an idea to investigate the possibilities to make it possible when playing that? Barry: That actually came soon after. Fortunately, our enthusiasm was really great, because otherwise we would have left it with an idea. We were soon discovered that much is involved in making a real pinball machine. If you look from the outside against it, but you do not realize that there really are thousands of parts. The theme licensing you should not underestimate. We are, of course, but a bunch of idealists from the Netherlands who are required to make a great film company business. Decision-making is about much hard drives, which takes time. And patience. Lots of patience.
You have chosen to first determine the theme and then thoroughly investigate before you began the actual design issues such as the playing field and the rules called production possibilities. Why? Barry: That set up a manufacturing facility is not easy, we were able to learn from the examples in JJP and Highway Pinball. Jaap came up with the idea of an existing factory to do the production. After some wandering, we ended up with ARA in Aalten. That is a machine factory, specializing in mechanics, electronics and control. Basically all the things you need to make. Pinball The deal was made quickly and we decided to continue to worry about pinball.
People even more excited a WCS factory It was a big surprise that you were behind the TBL project end of 2013. That you had carefully kept secret. Barry (laughing): Yeah, I had a lot of smoke screens built in preparation for the Pinball Expo in Chicago. We had chosen not to show that Dutch Pinball was behind. We did have a site set up, regular flyers and two young ladies to share it around. Also, we had advertised in the Pinball Expo magazine. We wanted to use the feedback to determine whether there was indeed sufficient basis for further puzzling. The reactions were very excited. Within a few weeks we had over 1,000 comments on our site. Hence our targets were exceeded by far.
What happened afterwards? On December 27 (69 days after Pinball Expo, also a reference to the movie), we came up with more information and the possibility to order (pre-sale). There, too, we have set our own targets achieved. Prompted us to proceed. With even more energy We are now fully in the phase of the design of the cabinet, translite and playing field. This week we have agreement with the factory on the implementation of certain parts (toys).
Wonderful to explain what you want and how you want it and then subsequently the effects look like. People Really remains incomparably better than digital. The next step is the release of the artwork of the Cabinet and trans lite. In addition, we aim to end the first quarter. Indeed, it is very fast. But we also have an ambitious timeline. We aim for delivery from second quarter 2015 ...
To be continued!

Worth a revisit down memory lane...

#946 9 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

I'm going to guess and say all there is to the rug is artwork on the playfield and artwork on a metal cylinder that goes back when hit. give the impression it's unrolling. should be durable as hell. no worries

Looks like it is unrolling if you compare the graphics of the rug in pic 1 and 2. Or maybe it is just a change in the lighting?

rug.jpgrug.jpg
rug1.jpgrug1.jpg

#948 9 years ago

I agree it is probably a decal; it would be hard to have it lay flat and not shift around each time it is deployed. Maybe the roller spins naturally since it makes contact with the PF showing us a different part of the print that is attached to the roller?

#984 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

One thing I would definitely look into is picking up some extra bowling balls from Geert. I think a few of them just sitting on the other side of the bowling ball return would look great. Giving it a look of several balls that have been returned, (like in a real bowling alley) you could just set them there, or put a dab of hot glue under them to keep them in place.

Brilliant!

#986 9 years ago

Looks like even classic console gamers/ collectors want TBL for themselves. From NOV 2013.

1 week later
#1038 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some of you guys need to borrow a pair of these!

knee-pads-ringerfp_01.jpg 20 KB

bunny-lebowski.jpgbunny-lebowski.jpg
#1053 9 years ago

I figure they are marking these games up by 100%. At least that was what I was told regarding WOZ.

#1070 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

$8500, do we get a discount with the rising dollar to the Euro? Hehe
If the dollar was in parity with the Euro, what would it cost, how much is the pin in Euros today?

$1.26= 1 Euro as of today. Dollar has been rallying as of late. To go from $7500 to $8500 is about a 13.5% increase. Better than 25-40% increase with the currency conversion when the EUR was trading in the 140 range a few months ago. A 7500 euro pin is $9450.

http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=6E

#1103 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

no doubt
...and the rate these guys are producing makes me sleep very well at night.

dude.jpgdude.jpg
#1124 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I see it in your future to make this Mod Litz....Its a killer idea.

Perhaps you can talk with the DP crew and put in a special request for all of us while at the Expo?

#1145 9 years ago

April 2015 seems soooo far away now

#1156 9 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Once I get my twins though college. They are three now.

I say battleship or scholarship. LOL.

#1160 9 years ago

"This isn't the work of carpet pissers.
No....Carpet pissers didn't do this." -Gary Stern

image-413.jpgimage-413.jpg
#1188 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Gary Stern is not worried about TBL you guys have made this pin the second coming and I'm sorry but its not. Please with the exception of the bowling alley which will become tedious rather quick what exactly is innovative? The colour DMD? The Rug toy? Just not seeing it but glad you fella's are getting your grail pin. I would just like to know why this is such a big deal?

Not a big deal if you think loosing mkt share is nothing to worry about. Look at JJP and stating that he is going to try and fix Smaug and the other complaints regarding TH. We have choices now and most of us damand better customer service. TBL was born out of Pinside and DP took our request and fabricated something amazing in everyway. Survial of the fittest. Look at the RAZA threads and they are blowing up with ppl who are Pissed the F* off after waiting 3+ yrs and nothing in their gameroom to show for it after Expo. Before we had only 1 choice and now we have nearly a dozen. I am not saying that TBL is the end all be all, but only the start to something great in the world of pinball as a whole.

#1192 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Again nothing in that statement explains what is so great about TBL? I already knew that the B/W lover boys would be all over this pin, I personally don't want a rehash of B/W 90's pins, for me I'd take Met Pre, STLE, LOTR's etc. any day of the week, but that's like just my opinion man. I love the film and the pin does look good, I can't figure out the super love, if its theme that I understand but mechanics and layout what is so special? Still no answer.

We are not trying to convince you to buy TBL or like it or hug it. Just that we think that the toys and features it comes with are worthy of the price tag. Thats all. A lot of ppl think the movie is crap. Fine. Ppl don't want a borning bowler. Okay. Some ppl don't want humor in their machine, only blood and guts. Do you want all the Lebowski dudes to come over and bash your TWD machine in with a crowbar because we cannot understand what is so great about TWD and the cheezy bash toy named Wellvirine? So let me just say this if it makes your feels all better... TBL is NOT GREAT. There are we good now!?!

#1198 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

TBL isn't a "retro" pin, it's only a throwback in the sense of it feeling like it has a spiritual connection to the era when playfield art was more hand crafted with care. I like how WOZ was done, but Hobbit is a photoshoppped mess. Stern just plain doesn't care about art quality. Even on their better games like Metallica the actual print quality isn't that great. And I love my Metallica, so don't get me wrong, but it's not operating at this level.
None of the smaller boutique pins have super high art quality so far. Some decent stuff, but not "magic". Dutch Pinball just put a big ass boot down in the mud and splattered everyone else.
When I first saw TBL I thought "wow, someone gets it". I was sold from that point on. Every single thing I've seen since just keeps adding to the pile.
The bowling mech is just f-ing cool. Will it get old? Maybe, but it's not like you play it for long. It's like a video mode, something to break up the pace of the game, but 100x cooler because it's a physical toy, not a lame video game wanna be. Every single guest who sees it is gonna smile.
20 licensed songs??! Even the "band pins" have like half that.
Theme integration that's top notch, everything about the playfield and flow and the way the rules are being built (even though it's early still) clicks with the movie and the characters and the plot and quotes. You don't need a rule card if you know the movie, it will all make sense.
Giant color display, but still a classic lit translite? And not a laptop screen, this is a true wide display LCD.
So no, it's not a 90's pin, it's a 2015 pin.

I might add that DP wants us to be life long customers. At least that is how I feel with their white glove treatment. When did any other group in the history of pinball rent out the Presidential Suite at a hotel and party with its customers and not in a smoozy BS fake way all in the name of Pinball?

#1298 9 years ago

My guess is no since I had a friend who was in IL already on vacation pick up my XMLE and then drive it up to Anchorage.

#1333 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

No answer regarding an independent bowling game but I would think its under consideration...

If there is independent bowling I hope they create a way to show the top 5 bowling scores like the buy-in scores on TZ during the attract mode.

3 months later
#1366 9 years ago

Looking forward to the Q2 release! Here is a gameplay vid from Modern Pinball,NYC that I just stumbled upon.

3 weeks later
#1376 9 years ago

Here is the Jpop piece where he coined the term the Lebowski effect.

https://magicgirldev.wordpress.com/2014/10/23/strike-the-lebowski-effect/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-playfield-layoutmy-thoughts?tu=litz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.