(Topic ID: 85390)

The Big Lebowski Playfield Layout...discuss?

By burningman

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,405 posts
  • 218 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marmot.JPG
TBL_Rug2.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Geerts Balls.JPG
TBL J.JPG
kahlua_kamora.png
giphy.gif
playfieldPopulated1.png.jpeg
playfieldPopulated2.png.jpeg
2014-09-22 newRail.png
TBL_Rug.jpg
image-189.jpg
nails-1.jpg
image-413.jpg
bowling_01.png
dude.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ecurtz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago

My guess would be Box 3 is a bowling toy of some sort, probably drop target/lowering bank style. Very central to the theme and a nice straight shot fits for the bowling. Maybe it feeds that wireform coming out of the center back? It also seems like the ramp shot on the upper playfield must go up into area 2, since otherwise I don't see how the stacking works there. There have been simpler / more compact versions of that plunger lane going into the ramp design, so maybe that will get some revision.

#47 10 years ago

See the bowling alley background in the newsletter? As mentioned in the suggestion thread, that's what I want the back box to look like (might have to replace the Brunswick logo). A simple geometric design in the Lebowski alley colors hiding the speakers, and the DMD or LCD underneath in the location of the pins...

2 months later
#204 9 years ago

I wonder if the lower alley is basically just going to be the world's coolest analog display and the actual calculation for the bowling shots will be done by software (won't call it a "video mode" because it would be way more than that.) It seems like a 18" long bowler is kind of a waste of effort in terms of playability, although the tech is neat.

3 weeks later
#297 9 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I hadn't caught wind of this rumor yet. What's the veracity of it, because, man, a Cohen brothers movie, WITHOUT the sound track?!
That's... that's a bummer, man.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Creedence.

Joking aside, music licensing is weird; they might be able to have instrumental versions of stuff without huge licensing fees or even get some of the original recordings reasonably. I can't imagine there's a huge demand for CCR back catalog, and it's not like they need anything from the fucking Eagles.

#299 9 years ago

If that was the case TRON would have an all Daft Punk soundtrack instead of just the 3 songs.

#359 9 years ago

The bit on the left side of the "mystery mech" looks like a stepper motor, and the "rope" could be a screw or timing belt for moving that bracket back and forth.

#403 9 years ago

I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that these Dutch guys could change the fucking title design!

I guess it's Focus Features' fault, but it does look bad, so please consider ditching it.

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They aren't going to change it, probably dictated by the license. Luckily I think it looks great, they nailed the whole thing. Speaker panel is a little dull, but that's just because I'm reaching for something to find fault with.

Really? I mean it's loads better than some of the Photoshop collage jobs we've seen lately but there are a bunch of little things beyond just the $ I'd be happy to complain about if I was actively looking to find faults and I'm not even an artist.

1 week later
#471 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

nice attention to detail. The game is coming along nicely. Professional planning from a group that I would expect no less.
Looks like a 15 inch lcd dmd would fit in the panel now doesn't it...

Are you sure you aren't confused about how LCDs are measured, because this is obviously wider than a 15", even at 16:9, yet you seem pretty convinced.

#477 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Why do you think the image on the LCD needs to be centered on the screen? It could be across the bottom only with the extra unused display all above the visible area?

Exactly. The unused part is just up behind the translite.

1 week later
#577 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

What about the IN & OUT Burger ?

Those are good burgers, HENSBROOKER.

#600 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

the full ablum is https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.662276720535151.1073741830.145510835545078&type=3
There's a couple of angles of the center mystery mechanism.. looks to me like it is indeed a extend and retract kind of thing, with a subway behind?

What about a pin sweep or whatever those things are called? I don't see any rails for it to move back and forth on, but it looks like it could do that front to back scooping motion.

#661 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not the angle, that's a widescreen aspect ratio LCD panel. Very interesting. And explains how they're doing a screen that big without going up into the translite like my earlier sketches showed a normal 16:9 screen would have.

I wonder where they found them? I spent a chunk of time trolling Alibaba a few years ago and had zero luck finding ultra wide LCDs between 16 - 25 inches.

2 months later
#1325 9 years ago

It's non-contact isn't it? Presumably your score is calculated as soon as the ball launches based on the angle of the launcher. It would be nice (and trivial) for them to take into account which button(s) you launched with as fake spin on the ball for another factor in the calculation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.50
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ecurtz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-playfield-layoutmy-thoughts?tu=ecurtz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.