(Topic ID: 85390)

The Big Lebowski Playfield Layout...discuss?

By burningman

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,405 posts
  • 218 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marmot.JPG
TBL_Rug2.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Geerts Balls.JPG
TBL J.JPG
kahlua_kamora.png
giphy.gif
playfieldPopulated1.png.jpeg
playfieldPopulated2.png.jpeg
2014-09-22 newRail.png
TBL_Rug.jpg
image-189.jpg
nails-1.jpg
image-413.jpg
bowling_01.png
dude.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Superchicken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1069 9 years ago

Since this is a layout discussion, I’d like to compare TBL to Kiss. Kiss is an early solid state Bally game with an uninspired layout, rule set and no music. A nice Kiss can sell for $4k plus. TBL, cool layout, deeper rule set (assumed) and music. A new TBL sells for double the price. Both games have cult followings which may, in the case of TBL, and does in the case of Kiss, drive the price of the game up beyond what the pinhead community would pay. With TBL’s cool layout, deeper rule set (assumed) and music and current perception that you are getting what you pay for, I think it is a no-brainer that the Lebowski secondary market will continue to drive the price and/or demand after it’s released. I call this the “Kiss effect.”

#1078 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I like that there isn't a huge incentive to preorder. I almost assuredly want the game, but I want to play it first, and I'd like to see them rolling out the door before I hand over my cash. I'm glad they seem to understand that, and I'm not being severely punished for that mindset.

Pre-orders get a custom rug. It will really tie the room together.

#1098 9 years ago

For those having issues with the price, maybe CPR will do a TBL conversion kit. It could go something like this:

Bally DOLLY PARTON donor machine $400
PLAYFIELD, BACKGLASS, PLASTICS SET $1300
ALLTEK VEGAS MPU, custom loaded & tested with new code & ruleset, NEW GSound DIGITAL,SOUND BOARD, with Original Background Music and Sound FX, CABINET STENCIL SET, NEW POP CAPS, APRON DECAL, NEW INSTRUCTION CARDS $500
License premium $1000

Total TBL (classic) $3,200

#1168 9 years ago

The decisions you most regret are the one you don’t do, at least that’s how it works for me.

Quoted from John_in_NC:

The more I see the more I want one. Absolutely love what they are doing with this dream theme. My damn principals are still standing in my way over the price tag.

#1262 9 years ago

I asked about this at the VIP party and was told no painted balls. But they will be available as a mod. Not sure if it will be a DP mod or third party.

Quoted from Erik:

Any word if the mini pf bowling balls will be made to look like real ones? Maybe that's what was stolen in the Netherlands party? I love me sum shiny bowling balls

#1272 9 years ago

When I first saw the attract mode lighting video, I though there was an over-head spot light swooping across the playfield. And I was worried that someone was going to knock that drink over on the playfield glass. Of course I may have been drinking at the time. Can't remember.

#1324 9 years ago

Yes. I was told by the one of the DP team members the prototype only had 1 of the 3 or 4 multi-ball modes implemented.

Quoted from aeonblack:

Does anyone have any info on multiball mode? Has that been implemented yet and was anyone able to start one?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 210.00
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Superchicken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-playfield-layoutmy-thoughts?tu=Superchicken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.