(Topic ID: 85390)

The Big Lebowski Playfield Layout...discuss?

By burningman

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,405 posts
  • 218 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marmot.JPG
TBL_Rug2.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Geerts Balls.JPG
TBL J.JPG
kahlua_kamora.png
giphy.gif
playfieldPopulated1.png.jpeg
playfieldPopulated2.png.jpeg
2014-09-22 newRail.png
TBL_Rug.jpg
image-189.jpg
nails-1.jpg
image-413.jpg
bowling_01.png
dude.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinstym.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#724 9 years ago
Quoted from sacd:

LOL
You're not going because the place has a somewhat questionable rating on yelp?
It's about the pin, not about the place ...
I'm going, 90 mins flight, so why not

I think he's joking.

3 weeks later
#966 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

From Pinballnews.com exclusive video of display animations from the game, including the backgrounds for each ball, the bonus count, the game over animation, and the music played during each ball.
» YouTube video

Sick!

#991 9 years ago
Quoted from EJ:

I was wondering that as well. I figured that it might lead to the upper playfield, but that's just a guess. Anyone with more concrete knowledge know where it leads to?

Just guessing here... The right ramp leads to the upper pf. The Jesus lane leads to the pops/lower D & E lanes area. The shot between Jesus and the right ramp is the orbit shot.

Edit: Never mind my Jesus idea. I see the ramp flap after typing that.

#999 9 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Hmmm..mind the gap mr. Lebowski.

gap.png 487 KB

If that gap is actually a problem because it can fall off the upper pf and damage things below, they could just make a new kind of flipper for up there that has fat hammerhead end. I'm probably not explaining it well. When you press the flipper and it goes up, the flipper end acts as a wall and just directs the ball down the wire ramp.
2014-10-01-12-24-30.png2014-10-01-12-24-30.png

#1004 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

It looks like all they would have to do is extend the wire form from the ramp to run behind the flipper.

Then you get stuck balls like in Monopoly.

#1006 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I'm not familiar with that problem, but I don't see how it would get stuck. Unless you mean the flipper holding the ball when it comes back to it's resting position.

Yes. Weird stuff happens. Ball would go behind flipper while it's up and get stuck. Remove glass to unstick. I assume that is why the wire does not go up further as you suggest, unless there is some other reason, like the ball drops off the upper pf to somewhere they want it to drop that we just don't see yet.

Monopoly has a small spinning flipper where the ball can get stuck. Removing the flipper rubber takes care of the problem, as the rubber isn't really needed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinstym.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-playfield-layoutmy-thoughts?tu=Pinstym and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.