(Topic ID: 85390)

The Big Lebowski Playfield Layout...discuss?

By burningman

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,405 posts
  • 218 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marmot.JPG
TBL_Rug2.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Geerts Balls.JPG
TBL J.JPG
kahlua_kamora.png
giphy.gif
playfieldPopulated1.png.jpeg
playfieldPopulated2.png.jpeg
2014-09-22 newRail.png
TBL_Rug.jpg
image-189.jpg
nails-1.jpg
image-413.jpg
bowling_01.png
dude.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1077 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, me too...but, I'm thinking the price goes up soon (as crazy as that may be)!!!

Well im sure they priced out plenty at $8500, if it goes up thats just flat greed imo.

#1086 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

You guys over the pond have got a better deal than us in Europe where the game is being made... we have to pay 7550euro ($9585 at todays exchange rate).

$8500, $9500 there is no win for either of us, both outrageous. Its a beautiful over priced game. Im sure they will make plenty of money but how many of us wont buy because of the price tag is probably a large number. I wonder if these new companies do actual research on pricing to their customers? If I was opening a pinball company my intent would be to become a large and successful business and by doing that Id research my demographic, I find it hard to believe that majority of people in this hobby (not just pinside) can afford machines at $8500+. Maybe im wrong and the middle and lower class are the minority.

#1112 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

And i wonder how much you know about pin prices outside USA, for example stern le.
I think you dont know shit. Cause we are paying 9k dollar in Holland for years now. And in Australia...... They pay half on top of that.
That is 9k dollar for a stern le. Comparing to tbl and woz/hobbit stern le looks like a zizzle. For on about the same price.
And you ask questions about dutch pinballs price? LMAO!!!

Im gonna assume this post was not directed toward me because I have no clue what the hell youre talking about.

Post edited by Kcpinballfan: phones trippin

#1133 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I posted that because you already showed you lost the plot.

I was just asking legitimate questions regarding pricing, not meant piss anyone off yet you seem to have been bothered by it because euro buyers pins are extremely overpriced and I was asking about US prices. When I say the games are over priced Im only concerned about US prices because thats where I live. I dont care how much stern is charging for games because im not buying them or interested in them right now, so your comment about Stern makes no sense to me. TBL is overpriced to me, im in on the hobbit and that was my absolute max at $7500 and the fact that I could make reasonable payments spread out over 6 months maybe more. I can't pay off a machine priced at $8500 in four months, its just too far beyond my means. Dont take anything I say as an insult, lower prices worldwide is a good thing for all.

#1137 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Establishing a firm "across this line you do not ..." for pinball purchases at $7500 (or $5000, or $1500, or wherever you're comfortable makes plenty of sense. I think the issue is when you said "overpriced" it came off sounding like "TBL costs too much for the features it has" instead of "doesn't matter how great TBL is, I'm never spending $8500 on a pinball machine", which I think is more what you meant.
But as far as the "payment plan" goes, couldn't you just save the money in a bank account or something instead of sending it to the manufacturer in installments? Like put $1,000 a month into an account for the 9 months since the game was announced, and there's your TBL?

Yes I absolutely could just put my money into my savings as payment on TBL, the problem I have is staying committed to buying when im saving because of other interests that may come up. When I have to pay a company for a machine the money is out of sight out of mind and the commitment has already been made if that makes sense. Basically I dont trust myself to save fully for it. Im terrible with my pinball budget lol.

#1139 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Just means you should of got in earlier when the payments schedule was $1k down, ~$1500 a business quarter after that

Yeah thats probably true, oh well. You live and learn. Im interested in seeing how the game plays, its very cool looking. If the rules and sounds end up being half as good as it looks this game will be awesome.

#1172 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I wanted one till I played it at expo. The game is super glitchy and needs a lot of work. Software and ball jams still need to be worked out. The game needs more time, it's just not ready to production at this time. If this was a WOZ post I'd get called "Troll" for telling you what I've seen first hand. This game is still much better than the Hobbit for sure. Hope to own one someday.

The difference is with the dutch pinball guys they were very forthcoming with information regarding their pin and said that this pin will have some minor changes and obviously the code is in its infancy. JJP on the other hand apparently became a mute.

#1217 9 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

A couple of questions for those who played at Expo...
1. How does the Carpet toy work? Does the ball actually push it back or is that movement controlled by a motor?
2. Can you pick up a split in the mini bowling feature?

On the bowling playfield I believe they are gonna try and work on the splits and spares.

#1221 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I'm in once the bugs get worked out and the game is up and running at 100%. No more pre-buys for me. Why tie your money up for no good reason. Seems like the manufactures will come up with a reason to produce more. REF: WOZ75, IM VED.

As soon as Dutch pinball puts out another version of the big lebowski then your last comment will be valid until then they don't deserve to be in the same category.

#1233 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Yes, i got a strike when i played it. Little to the left of center.

Ahh a Brooklyn nice

3 weeks later
#1357 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I think that was the original plan. I know Geert brought a prototype ball to DPO to try out in the Bowling Alley of TBL. My understanding was the metal return subway/mech was pretty hard on the ball that Geert brought. I believe Geert is still working on perfecting his balls.
My thought is we will probably see regular steel balls in the game as well as in the bowling alley from the factory when the games start to ship.

Maybe they could toss the set of bowling balls in the goody bag and let it be known if you use them they wear quickly. I definitely want a set. I could see a bunch of variations of them.

#1359 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

even static they would look great

Geerts Balls.JPG 32 KB

Yeah I dig those, if we don't get them in the goody bag or otherwise I'll be getting a set.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,000 (OBO)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-playfield-layoutmy-thoughts?tu=Kcpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.