(Topic ID: 85390)

The Big Lebowski Playfield Layout...discuss?

By burningman

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,405 posts
  • 218 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marmot.JPG
TBL_Rug2.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Geerts Balls.JPG
TBL J.JPG
kahlua_kamora.png
giphy.gif
playfieldPopulated1.png.jpeg
playfieldPopulated2.png.jpeg
2014-09-22 newRail.png
TBL_Rug.jpg
image-189.jpg
nails-1.jpg
image-413.jpg
bowling_01.png
dude.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_in_NC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#959 9 years ago

Damn nice work. I really want one. Soooo disappointed in the pricing.

#965 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

As silly as it might sound, 2K over the cost of a Stern LE seems reasonable to me assuming build quality and code are top notch.

2 k over Stern LE price would be fine if Stern LE prices were reasonable. Problem is, Sterns LEs are only worth their pro prices.

1 week later
#1047 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Not sure if the time has passed, but something to think of. The last NSNL from Dp metioned that if you want to get in on the pre order you would want to do that now. No info regarding price increases or any of that, but if you wait until after Expo, the cost of the game could go up.
****I don't know this for a fact, this is just my opinion man***********

Increase the price, they can alienate the remaining 5% of the buyers that may consider purchasing yet! They already eliminated 95% of those that would have jumped on it if was priced right to begin with (myself included)

#1049 9 years ago

I would LOVE to own and can afford one but my sickness has it's limits. I hope to get one in the secondary market one day. Looking great!

#1051 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Considering what's going into this game, it's priced fairly compared to its competition, IMO.

Comparing overpriced pins to overpriced pins, yes I agree. At the end of the day it's a plywood box (best case) with a plywood board and about $2000 worth of hardware screwed down to it. Add 50% to the price tag and you can buy a new car. (not a great car but a new one)

#1056 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's more than the box and the stuff.
-Multi-continental staff: Dutch & US support
-License: Universal, Brunswick, Music
-Artists & Animators
-Programming
-Testing
-Advertising & Travel to shows
-Manufacturing facility & labor
-Not to mention: RISK...they have no idea if they'll sell 10 or 10,000
Anyone who thinks new pins are too much, crunch the numbers and see if you can start a viable business plan where you make a pin like THIS and sell it for $5k.

I would pay more than 5K for TBL, hell I paid more than that for my AC/DC premium and it's not even close to what this game is shaping up to be. All I'll say is if TBL was $7K I would be all in and I'd bet they would have at least twice to 3 times the orders they do now. I wish DP the best and hope they sell a ton of these games. I mean thousands, that way I may be able to get one at a price I can justify in my mind one day. I was a NIB JJP buyer for WozECLE and TH (though I broke my own rule to not exceed a certain amount based on the theme and quality of WoZ) At JJPs current pricing, I have seen my last NIB from them. The line has been crossed for me on pin pricing. enough is enough.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1065 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Sorry you got burned out with JJP fiasco , i prob would think twice as well if I lived through that.

No problem with JJP, I fully understand it was a learning process, the wait was much longer than I would have liked and was so impressed with the product I was willing to go back for seconds. No problem there, just the pinflation. If JJP can manage to bring the price within the stratosphere on future titles, I'll probably go back for dessert but at 8K I'm out.

Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Then there is some advice for you, sir... Just sell that AC/DC + another pin which your done with, and get yourself such a fine piece of Dutch enginuity!

I need to backtrack a little, I may just do something like that if prices for the titles I own keep climbing and TBL is as cool as it appears to be shaping up to be. I may just be able to justify it in my mind if no "real money" is involved...I am sick, I need I need..

#1091 9 years ago

Let's see
Jacks is at 9k For WOZLE 75 - $2500 over priced
MMr at 8k - $4000 over priced
Stern LEs at 7500ish. - $2500 to $3000 over priced
Nope, the only thing being nailed is our wallets. I would put TBL on par with JJP from what I can see so IMO, TBL is $2000 over priced.

Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Lets see..
Jacks is at 9k For WOZLE 75
MMr at 8k
Stern LEs at 7500ish.
IMHO TBL is equal to and in most case better (better meaning looks and toy factor...overall game) than all 3 of those.
So I gotta say they nailed pricing.
For some strange reason everyone wants to compare cars to pinball machines which I never get...but I'll give it a shot.
From the least expensive NIB pinball machine (Stern pro at 4800ish) to the most expensive (10k for RAZA?) is approx twice the price. Anyone wanna do the research and see what the least expensive new car VS most expensive is? I think I wanna go on the internet and bitch about not being able to afford a (insert the most expensive car name here).

#1100 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Jack at 9k: Honestly no idea what he sold
MMr at 8k: 1000 sold...for the most part sold out of the LE
Stern LE at $7500~$7800: 600-799..2 out of 3 titles sell out within a month (some faster)
TBL: Gonna be a while for numbers on this guy
So it's in your opinion they are overpriced...the facts indicated by the market says otherwise

Your facts have major flaws
Check on MMR again, I know of several orders inspired by the initial offer excitement all of which have since canceled. Plenty of MMRs if anyone wants one.
JJP sold most of his Woz's MUCH less than 9K, at a much more fair $6500 actually the 9K is a suggested retail, nobody is paying 9K (unless you are a fish).
I would bet a low percentage of Stern's actually sell over 7K, If they do, what can I say, good for Stern, I'd never pay that and I'm not alone.

#1105 9 years ago

So TBL is not alone in being high dollar. I'll give you that. I for (many) would like to own one but the simple fact is it's too expensive for what it it. I can afford one, hell I can afford a dozen but for what it is, I cannot justify the outlay. I would estimate they are making a 40% margin on the machine at it's current price. My hope is that once they tool up, and have output capability they cut their margin in half and triple or quadruple their sales. Win for them, Win for us. I am letting my wallet do the talking. Jack knows he HAD a buyer in me for JJP #1 and #2 (barely) but at current pricing I'm out. I am not alone.

#1115 9 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Think the bowling will just work fine! Made this schematic:

bowling_01.png 161 KB

How cool would it be to put a motor on the ball before it's launched to spin it to create a hook once plunged/released?

#1167 9 years ago

The more I see the more I want one. Absolutely love what they are doing with this dream theme. My damn principals are still standing in my way over the price tag.

#1181 9 years ago
Quoted from NFK:

» YouTube video

Poor Gary, he can't catch a break. He's a pinball guy too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

15,000 (OBO)
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_in_NC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-playfield-layoutmy-thoughts?tu=John_in_NC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.