(Topic ID: 85390)

The Big Lebowski Playfield Layout...discuss?

By burningman

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,405 posts
  • 218 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marmot.JPG
TBL_Rug2.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Geerts Balls.JPG
TBL J.JPG
kahlua_kamora.png
giphy.gif
playfieldPopulated1.png.jpeg
playfieldPopulated2.png.jpeg
2014-09-22 newRail.png
TBL_Rug.jpg
image-189.jpg
nails-1.jpg
image-413.jpg
bowling_01.png
dude.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HENSBROOKER.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 10 years ago

Phil, Barry and the rest of DP -> it all looks very promising!

Thanks

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Does anyone know if these are limited editions or will they be for sale post production?

As far as info goes so far there are no specific Limited Editions for the TBL... If that is whay your asking

#62 10 years ago

Your right Jazzmaster... The rug is the first thing but if all goes well all DP's "Very Important Pinheads" will hear by mail in a day or so how they will get spoiled as a reward of being an early adopter!

#84 10 years ago

The best interactive topper would be no topper at all!
- Sorry... do not like toppers. Prefer spending those $ into the game itself.

They got JP on board + have mentioned "beautiful graphics, SFX, ..." on the website. So expect a (big ass) LCD screen at least.
- I'm opting for a 3D screen

Using heat producing, dust attracting regular bulbs would be totally irrational over low power consuming full color RGB LED's which can produce super-duper "immersive gameplay" effects!

Let's not forget JJP has set the new standard with their WOZ... I can imagine DP's will definitely try to beat that by making "the most epic pin ever" !
- That would not allow for 20 year old DMD technology and old fashioned lamps.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

EDIT: May have answered my own question. Looks like this guy will be responsible for the playfield and translight:

http://www.freekvanhaagen.nl/

Looks like the artwork is a lock!

Love that style! ... Seems we don't have to worry about that also!

#92 10 years ago

@burningman... maybe our wishes come true! I just see on DP's website at the folks page:

Barry -> "... He is also a 3ds Max veteran and the author of several books in his field ..."
Freek -> "... specializing in character design and animation (3D and 2D) ..."

Keeping our fingers crossed !

2 months later
#225 9 years ago

Did some photoshoppin' on the reflections to see if it could tell more about the playfield design. It looks like the upper playfield will be the "Holy Star Lanes" bowlingalley (with it's parkinglot in front).

TBL_reflections.jpgTBL_reflections.jpg
#231 9 years ago

There could only be just one kind of backglass.

- But that's just my opinion, man...

lebowski_time.jpglebowski_time.jpg
#255 9 years ago

What DP showed so far is outstanding and probably for most better than expected. Therefore it's wise not to downtalk design elements which have not been showed. Wait and see my friend!

3 weeks later
#302 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Exclusive Spy Photo revealed:

Here is a shot taken where it looks like Barry and Jaap are testing the effects of the White Russian toy on a WOZ Playfield. Nothing better than doing some field testing before production.

IN CASE the guys from DP are here fieldtesting as the picture shows... that rises some intriguing questions! First of all WHY testing on a WOZ? DP has several machines of their own to test on. So there seems to be need to test 'something' on a JJP machine, right?!

So, COULD it be (although BOP 2.0 comes with P-ROC) The Big Lebowski pinball will be based on JJP's fundamentals? JJP's cabinet (but regular size), cabinet components, computer architecture & probably LCD style display?!?

IOW why inventing the wheel twice if you could pick some high quality items from the market?

Jack has mentioned several times the is willing to help out other pinball ventures, so why not by selling the basics of the JPP platform? Win win situation for both DP and JJP!

3 weeks later
#526 9 years ago

- Keep Predator.
- Hold onto The Hobbit until Stern shows their next title. Only in case it's TWD and Stern raises their bar up to the new levels (seen at JJP / DP) , you could switch your THLE pos into TWD pos. But I highly doubt they do, btw.
- This decision makes you can enter TBL by now and secure yourself a stunning title...

#556 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Went back and looked at the mystery pic that Spinner took.

In the picture it looks like there is a spot where a pop bumper comes through the playfield...I was messing around with the orientation of the picture trying to figure out where this would be located on or under the playfield. (still puzzles me)

Burningman... Took also a look at the mystery toy puzzle : )

What if the playfield grain is NOT longitudinal?
What if the mechanism is NOT under the playfield but on top?

Based on the pic you can identify clearly the pop-bumper holes + and rollover switch hole. If twisted and turned it's not possible (unless conscious manipulated) that the mechanism is under the playfield, but on top instead!

That makes more sense if thought of the center "?" could be a back and forth rocking item [wheelchair] which show a secret hole to shoot at.

The kickout (directly left of the center "?") makes In that case also way more sense.

The mechanism could easly be hidden underneath the upper playfield area.

The only odd thing is the switch 'inside' the secret hole. Anyone an idea?

- Anyway... just my 2 cents.

TBL-mystery-toy.jpgTBL-mystery-toy.jpg

Additionally... in the render below you can indentify the TOP PLASTIC 'behind' the ? block is lower than the surrounding plastics. Therefore the rocking part could slide underneath the plastic on the backside....

TBL-mystery-toy-3D.jpgTBL-mystery-toy-3D.jpg

#574 9 years ago

What about the IN & OUT Burger ?

1 week later
#629 9 years ago

This badboy will be colorfull like a Christmas tree with fireworks on top!

- Got more stunned on every NSL that comes to light. Thanks DP

#646 9 years ago

Some nice guesswork has been done already, but I could not let Photoshop untouched...

- Kickback is definite.
- The pf cut out confirm the back an forth move of the center "?". Maybe it acts like a mode start, which you need to shoot to start a new chapter/level. After been trough all 6 of them the slide opens the secret entrance to the subway. [Btw... the under playfield assembly for that toy is also huge, just like the bowling assy!]
- The left kickback ("?") could act like on TCP's corner. But instead it VUK's the ball into the above ball wire instead of just pushing it out.

TBL_overlay.jpgTBL_overlay.jpg

Quite interesting is what is shown for the Top Left area. The most front assy will be the upper playfield flipper assy.
in the center will be a single shot action. The left VUK is also interesting, because the cutout of the PF shows a cornered gap and the VUK itself looks like having a wide bracket.

TBL_under_pf_top_right.jpgTBL_under_pf_top_right.jpg

My attention got caught by the subway which comes from the sliding toy and goes to the scoop hole. Altough I still think the under pf bowling assy will be a closed system (so no ball from outside can enter) we still have to figure out what the scoop is really for...

TBL_subway.jpgTBL_subway.jpg

#669 9 years ago

I think the shot is very doable. The entrance is wide enough and the ramp is probably not that steep.

TBL_PF_insert_overlay.jpgTBL_PF_insert_overlay.jpg

#679 9 years ago

He's got information man! Certain things has come to light...

3 weeks later
#706 9 years ago

Where's the NSL, Lebowski?!

Where's the NSL, Lebowski?!!!

Where's the fucking NSL, sh*thead!!!!!

"Is it must be down somewhere in my mailaccount? I'll take another look..."

1 week later
#731 9 years ago

In about two weeks TBL will probably blow the roof of Lebowski Cafe!
- I think DP is way further ahead then we dare to expect ...

#745 9 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Dude, how big is your car?

how_big_01.jpg 75 KB

Love your work Star_Gazer!

1 week later
#768 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Dude's Car(s)....they really must have had them working in shifts
dudes cars.JPG 46 KB

Totally shocked... How cool these 'toys' look !!

Thank you DP for having a brainwave resulting in the hiring of Geert Koops for custom artwork.

----

Somehow I cannot stop thinking about the discussion on the JJP Hobbit thread some days ago about those failed (at least 2 of the 4) figurines. The blame went to the license holder and it should be oke because they are rather small... Hmm, really?!?

After seeing the above pics I was wondering; "Besides the fact that those heads are bashtoys and the TBL car is probably not, what's the difference??" TBL is also a licensed theme + the car is also small BUT looks amazing... The amount of detail is almost unreal!

+1 for TBL

#778 9 years ago

Dutch Party!!!

#824 9 years ago

I have a really strong feeling Saturday's the day I can finally tie my room together! It's in need of some appropriate decoration...

#848 9 years ago

Heading for TBL party...

#887 9 years ago

Just got back from the TBL launch party. All I can say this machine looks F*ckin' amazing! The artwork is a true beauty and fits the theme perfectly (thanx Freek & Jean Paul). The lightning is superb. I even heard someone say it has even one insert more than WOZ... But all in all it looks like loaded with modes. The attention to detail is a story on it's own...

I'm totally in my element even more because I'm one of the first who will see it arrive at my doorstep!!

Thanx DP for doing such a job.

#953 9 years ago

There is a hole indeed at the end of the un-roll. It becomes unhidden after several rugShots and starts a "Big Mode".

Also check development pics where the hole makes an appearance.

#985 9 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

That would be the PERFECT quote when you hit the start button to insert coins!

GUYS PLEASE STOP!!! You are making me nauseous.. This is so no PinSide-ish behaviour!!

1 week later
#1024 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Ya'll gonna keep comparing dick sizes until this game gets released? Who cares? Buy what YOU want and enjoy it, and stop talking like there can only be one good pin.

Comparing dicksizes is pretty lame... And although I think it's stupid to say such about this thread, I do have to admit I indeed came across a very big dick recently on the internet... It was about 5 foot 10" and went by the name of aeonblack

#1039 9 years ago

Just because it can...

image.jpgimage.jpg image-510.jpgimage-510.jpg image-206.jpgimage-206.jpg image-573.jpgimage-573.jpg image-932.jpgimage-932.jpg image-422.jpgimage-422.jpg
#1058 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I would pay more than 5K for TBL, hell I paid more than that for my AC/DC premium and it's not even close to what this game is shaping up to be. All I'll say is if TBL was $7K I would be all in and I'd bet they would have at least twice to 3 times the orders they do now. I wish DP the best and hope they sell a ton of these games. I mean thousands, that way I may be able to get one at a price I can justify in my mind one day. I was a NIB JJP buyer for WozECLE and TH (though I broke my own rule to not exceed a certain amount based on the theme and quality of WoZ) At JJPs current pricing, I have seen my last NIB from them. The line has been crossed for me on pin pricing. enough is enough.

Then there is some advice for you, sir... Just sell that AC/DC + another pin which your done with, and get yourself such a fine piece of Dutch enginuity!

#1080 9 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

If I decide to get this game, and it's looking that way...I'd certainly want the rug. So I need to decide by the 19th I guess. Smart incentive by DP (shakes fist at DP).

Later on, the most sought after item in the secondary market will be the rug itself

1 week later
#1202 9 years ago

Just crossed my mind...

- After what we have seen on Expo I now really think letting go THLE and keep the funds for DP's second title!

1 week later
#1345 9 years ago

I noticed @ DPO they used Geert Koops decorated pinballs in the bowling game -> Super Nice !!! It really tied the game together

3 months later
#1370 9 years ago

Came across a very nice 26:00 min gameplay video from the Arcade hunters which I have not seen before.

So for you also haven't ... here's the share:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HENSBROOKER.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-playfield-layoutmy-thoughts?tu=HENSBROOKER and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.