(Topic ID: 85390)

The Big Lebowski Playfield Layout...discuss?

By burningman

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,405 posts
  • 218 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marmot.JPG
TBL_Rug2.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Geerts Balls.JPG
TBL J.JPG
kahlua_kamora.png
giphy.gif
playfieldPopulated1.png.jpeg
playfieldPopulated2.png.jpeg
2014-09-22 newRail.png
TBL_Rug.jpg
image-189.jpg
nails-1.jpg
image-413.jpg
bowling_01.png
dude.jpg
There are 1,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 29.
#401 9 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

What's with the $, Dude?

Where's the fuckin' money Lebow$ki!?!?!?!

Oh, it's right in the name.

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Where's the fuckin' money Lebow$ki!?!?!?!
Oh, it's right in the name.

It's down there.....let me get another look.

#403 9 years ago

I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that these Dutch guys could change the fucking title design!

I guess it's Focus Features' fault, but it does look bad, so please consider ditching it.

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that these Dutch guys could change the fucking title design!
I guess it's Focus Features' fault, but it does look bad, so please consider ditching it.

They aren't going to change it, probably dictated by the license. Luckily I think it looks great, they nailed the whole thing. Speaker panel is a little dull, but that's just because I'm reaching for something to find fault with.

#405 9 years ago

Plunger looks interesting if it stays that way ... bowling ball of some sort?

#406 9 years ago

I also think they nailed it!

#407 9 years ago

The artwork package is phenomenal. Love the carpet border. Perfect!

#408 9 years ago

Post edited by callmesteam: Images out of date. Removed by request of publisher.

#409 9 years ago

I would buy this without a playfield.

It even passed Aurich's review!!

#410 9 years ago

With all the warm tones in the backglass and cabinet art, it might actually look great with gold or brass legs and rails?

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Holy. Shit.
It's perfect. LOVE the style of artwork on the backglass - so glad it isn't a photoshop job. Couldn't have asked for more!

uhh.. that is a photoshop job. It is just a good one.

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Should have been more specific - I meant a Stern style cut and paste photoshop job. This has a stylistic direction to it.

#413 9 years ago

well done so far!

#414 9 years ago

Phil - I am paid up, go ahead and send me the cabinet and rug. Will install the playfield when it's ready.

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They aren't going to change it, probably dictated by the license. Luckily I think it looks great, they nailed the whole thing. Speaker panel is a little dull, but that's just because I'm reaching for something to find fault with.

Really? I mean it's loads better than some of the Photoshop collage jobs we've seen lately but there are a bunch of little things beyond just the $ I'd be happy to complain about if I was actively looking to find faults and I'm not even an artist.

#416 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

It's a very good composited photo. Well designed.

#417 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I guess it depends on your definition. Was that done as a digital painting over a composited image using photographs? Probably. How I would have done it.

It's not a "photoshop job" in that it's not just a collage of photographs. Photoshop is just a tool, it's just that certain lazy PR composed look that people tend to hate on. Hobbit is a Photoshop job. Mustang, for all the hype over getting an artist was an egregious one (I broke down what a lazy hack job the LE translite was in a post somewhere). Star Trek was, even with Freres at the helm (minus the LE translite). I have my quibbles with Donny's style, but Metallica is one of the only original well done pin designs of the recent era.

Quoted from ecurtz:

there are a bunch of little things beyond just the $ I'd be happy to complain about if I was actively looking to find faults and I'm not even an artist.

Shrug. No pleasing everyone. This is the level I want every pinball company to be operating at. Stern rarely reaches it. JJP isn't hitting it with Hobbit. WOZ was very competently done from a technique standpoint, but the composition and style leaves me cold. Spent all that money on an artist to end up with what might as well have been a Photoshop job.

This is solid work, and if you don't like the $ then fine, but there's nothing typographically bad about how it was handled. That's the license-approved way to do it now? Fine, not a problem for me.

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I was curious about that too. It looks like that started appearing around the time of the 10th anniversary DVD release. Quite a bit of the artwork seems to have been inspired by the 10th anni DVD packaging...
bl10.jpg 60 KB

Don't care for the "spelling change" but you really can't blame the TBL pinball team for it. I really like the cabinet and backglass art, and think this machine would look sweet at a bowling alley. I'll be crossing my fingers one makes its way to the Denver metro area.

#419 9 years ago

maybe there could be some stickers made to change the $ back to a S

#420 9 years ago

images-7.jpgimages-7.jpgHere's the real official backglass. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT - Resized according to licensor request.

http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/2014/07/08/the-big-lebowski-cabinet-and-backglass-art-revealed/

#421 9 years ago

The elements are all there, even Maude's hint of cleavage (Julianne Moore is/was a sexy beast)

#422 9 years ago

If the nighlist's saw they were left out of translight they would cut off someone's Johnson

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

I second.......

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from deadzebra:

With all the warm tones in the backglass and cabinet art, it might actually look great with gold or brass legs and rails?

I second this also..........

#425 9 years ago

Oh... *sigh*.

So good.

#426 9 years ago

Alright, I am going to make one critique. Jesus should not be there. If he needs to be there he should be blurred like the rest of the bowling alley in the background. This is what makes things look photoshopped. Other than that I like it.

#427 9 years ago

Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

#428 9 years ago

I must confess I like it too

#429 9 years ago

Walter should be where Donny is and Donny should be where Walter is looking like he is out of his element.

#430 9 years ago

Looking great so far. Think there is good inovation in the toys and the art package looks solid. Unique layout I think with good rules and code they could have a winner here.

I am not in on the preorder but would gladly seek it out after release. Hope there are a few machines coming stateside.

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Hope there are a few machines coming stateside.

don't worry - the west coast is represented well

#432 9 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Here's the real official backglass.

The Pinside abides with this translite! TBL added to database!

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Walter should be where Donny is and Donny should be where Walter is looking like he is out of his element.

Well played

I hope they have a Shomer Shabbos mode where all Walter's callouts if the game is played on Saturdays are like "I SURE AS SHIT WON'T FUCKING ROLL"

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

The Big Lebowski Pinball will start shipping to our VIPs in Quarter 2, 2015, and will ship in the order in which preorders were received. Based upon our production and quality control schedules, we estimate that any preorders placed now will ship by the end of Q2 or the beginning of Q3.

When will 'general' release be? i.e. for folks that do not want to pre-order but want to purchase once its released?

Cheers

#435 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Thank You!

#436 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Pinside abides.

#437 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Thank you.

#438 9 years ago

Wow wow wow.

Not much else to say, that is mighty impressive!

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from genex:

don't worry - the west coast is represented well

See, they call Los Angeles the "City Of Angels"; but I didn't find it to be that, exactly. But I'll allow it as there are some nice folks there. 'Course I ain't never been to London, and I ain't never seen France. And I ain't never seen no queen in her damned undies, so the feller says. But I'll tell you what - after seeing Los Angeles, and this here story I'm about to unfold, well, I guess I seen somethin' every bit as stupefyin' as you'd seen in any of them other places. And in English, too.

#440 9 years ago

My wife better come around on this or I am going to have to find a way to come up with the money. This machine is going to be awesome.

#441 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Added to my wish list.

#442 9 years ago

Alright....my bet ($1.00) is these guys are going to bring a proto game to Expo. It may not be final, and still need some tweeks, (and may not even be playable)....but the way these guys are rolling, it would not surprise me one bit.

--I would assume they have been coding this game since day one.
--There was a post after MGC that Barry showed a guy the artwork for the playfield.
--The Cab seems to be close to completion if not done
--and we have all seen the developments of the playfield toys

If they were to bring one to Expo, they would still have almost 7 months to get things in order before shipping the actual game.

Anyone want some of that action?

#443 9 years ago

I do hope they make your schedule as I think it may be what's needed to hit their Q2 target.. Cause the last 20% of a project always takes the longest. I am wondering if they have sold enough to cross the border into needing a real assembly line / training of personnel or will it be small enough to do it with who they have now. Kinda hoping for the latter.. But if they keep knocking it out of the park they may grow into the former , which would be quite a challenge I think.

#444 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Alright....my bet ($1.00) is these guys are going to bring a proto game to Expo.

The 18th is out. They won't roll it out on Shabbos.

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Alright....my bet ($1.00) is these guys are going to bring a proto game to Expo. It may not be final, and still need some tweeks, (and may not even be playable)....but the way these guys are rolling, it would not surprise me one bit.

They already have pre-order VIPs invited to a penthouse party during Expo, on October 17th. So, it would be cool to be able to see the whitewood, if nothing else. A prototype at Expo would be awesome and would surely net them more sales.

#446 9 years ago
Quoted from taz:

They already have pre-order VIPs invited to a penthouse party during Expo, on October 17th. So, it would be cool to be able to see the whitewood, if nothing else. A prototype at Expo would be awesome and would surely net them more sales.

I was talking with the wife about the game last night. She loved loved loved that last video and may be coming with me to Expo. I think DP may bring the game and have it upstairs for the party. (then maybe bring it down on Sat or Sunday to show the masses)

My impression is these guys do not want to over promise and under deliver, so I feel pretty confident that no matter what they bring to expo, it will be cool.

but as always, thats just my opinion man.........

#447 9 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I was curious about that too. It looks like that started appearing around the time of the 10th anniversary DVD release. Quite a bit of the artwork seems to have been inspired by the 10th anni DVD packaging...

I think the video I have is the 10th anniversary edition. And if they are using that as the base, maybe Mortimer may be highlited somewhere....

#448 9 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

8 year olds, dude.

1 week later
#449 9 years ago

Nice pics in the NSNL that just came out. Looks like they are using long thin circuit boards to do some very even lighting of the back box. Maybe aurich can recalibrate how big the LCD is going to be for us?

unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg unnamed2.jpgunnamed2.jpg unnamed3.jpgunnamed3.jpg unnamed4.jpgunnamed4.jpg unnamed5.jpgunnamed5.jpg unnamed6.jpgunnamed6.jpg
#450 9 years ago

damb that looks to be well made and engineered. Computer cage and back lighting looks real good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 22.50
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
There are 1,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-playfield-layoutmy-thoughts/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.