(Topic ID: 85390)

The Big Lebowski Playfield Layout...discuss?

By burningman

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,405 posts
  • 218 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marmot.JPG
TBL_Rug2.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Geerts Balls.JPG
TBL J.JPG
kahlua_kamora.png
giphy.gif
playfieldPopulated1.png.jpeg
playfieldPopulated2.png.jpeg
2014-09-22 newRail.png
TBL_Rug.jpg
image-189.jpg
nails-1.jpg
image-413.jpg
bowling_01.png
dude.jpg

There are 1,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 29.
#1001 9 years ago

Wouldn't the Jesus ramp lead to Heaven?………..

#1002 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wouldn't the Jesus ramp lead to Heaven?………..

Only if heaven is filled with 8-year olds, dude.

#1003 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

If that gap is actually a problem because it can fall off the upper pf and damage things below, they could just make a new kind of flipper for up there that has fat hammerhead end. I'm probably not explaining it well. When you press the flipper and it goes up, the flipper end acts as a wall and just directs the ball down the wire ramp.

2014-10-01-12-24-30.png 707 KB

It looks like all they would have to do is extend the wire form from the ramp to run behind the flipper.

#1004 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

It looks like all they would have to do is extend the wire form from the ramp to run behind the flipper.

Then you get stuck balls like in Monopoly.

#1005 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Then you get stuck balls like in Monopoly.

I'm not familiar with that problem, but I don't see how it would get stuck. Unless you mean the flipper holding the ball when it comes back to it's resting position.

#1006 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I'm not familiar with that problem, but I don't see how it would get stuck. Unless you mean the flipper holding the ball when it comes back to it's resting position.

Yes. Weird stuff happens. Ball would go behind flipper while it's up and get stuck. Remove glass to unstick. I assume that is why the wire does not go up further as you suggest, unless there is some other reason, like the ball drops off the upper pf to somewhere they want it to drop that we just don't see yet.

Monopoly has a small spinning flipper where the ball can get stuck. Removing the flipper rubber takes care of the problem, as the rubber isn't really needed.

#1007 9 years ago

layout looks very neat Im diggin the spread!

#1008 9 years ago

I was at the very best lukewarm on this in all respects movie , bowling , no large TV screen. But I have to say I am massively impressed by this machine. With it's looks/ lightshow it really will catch the attention on location. JJP has got competition.

#1009 9 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

I was at the very best lukewarm on this in all respects movie , bowling , no large TV screen. But I have to say I am massively impressed by this machine. With it's looks/ lightshow it really will catch the attention on location. JJP has got competition.

I think the small lcd display and animations I've seen on TBL are a vast improvement in the use of this technology for the display.

The font animations on WOZ are so flat and uninspired that the game looks somewhat dated in a Dragon's Lair sort of way. The dynamic fonts and panning shots shown on TBL look fantastic.

#1010 9 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think the small lcd display and animations I've seen on TBL are a vast improvement in the use of this technology for the display.
The font animations on WOZ are so flat and uninspired that the game looks somewhat dated in a Dragon's Lair sort of way. The dynamic fonts and panning shots shown on TBL look fantastic.

I agree this type of lcd screen close to the playfield is actually helpfull for the player.. Think of baywatch,frankenstein,maverick games with that larger dotmatrix display... But then in fullhd color

I mean i like the screen on woz but from a player perspective u dont watch the screen during gameplay, and peaking a little bit above the playfield at times on tbl is better then that u have to raise ur vision all the way up like on woz

#1011 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

What probably matters more to them (Stern) is that people are willing to spend $9k on a pin.......

Stern wouldn't sell anything at that price range. TBL is a great looking pin but no way in hell I'm paying that scratch. I bought TWDLE and now that ( with an LE ) $7500 is the new 'normal', they keep pushing prices into unobtainium. TWD is a dream theme for me, so this was a special purchase for myself, guilty pleasure, but TBL movie was just ok, theme does nothing for me, but pin does. Looks inspiring.

But prices with boutiques ( except PRED) are just too high for any realistic resale value later. I don't mind taking any losses on pins, but when I pay $7500 then a year later it's at $6500, that's acceptable.

IF I pay $9000, and it's worth $6500 a year later, buyers can suck it. TBL may hold value, but with market saturation like we've had, and getting worse, resale is bye bye. Tire kickers paradise dudes.

I may wait this title out and buy one later.

#1012 9 years ago

Not meant to derail the thread, but I had to share this awesome table, made from a reclaimed bowling lane and bowling pins! Sure would look great with a rug beneath it and the TBL pin next to it. It'd definitely tie the room together.

image-862.jpgimage-862.jpg

#1013 9 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Not meant to derail the thread, but I had to share this awesome table, made from a reclaimed bowling lane and bowling pins! Sure would look great with a rug beneath it and the TBL pin next to it. It'd definitely tie the room together.

image-862.jpg 36 KB

Hmmm.

Like the top - not the legs.

#1014 9 years ago

I think the flyer hadn't been posted yet?

TBLflyer_1.jpgTBLflyer_1.jpg

TBLflyer_2.jpgTBLflyer_2.jpg

#1016 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Stern wouldn't sell anything at that price range. TBL is a great looking pin but no way in hell I'm paying that scratch. I bought TWDLE and now that ( with an LE ) $7500 is the new 'normal', they keep pushing prices into unobtainium. TWD is a dream theme for me, so this was a special purchase for myself, guilty pleasure, but TBL movie was just ok, theme does nothing for me, but pin does. Looks inspiring.
But prices with boutiques ( except PRED) are just too high for any realistic resale value later. I don't mind taking any losses on pins, but when I pay $7500 then a year later it's at $6500, that's acceptable.
IF I pay $9000, and it's worth $6500 a year later, buyers can suck it. TBL may hold value, but with market saturation like we've had, and getting worse, resale is bye bye. Tire kickers paradise dudes.

What about when TWDLE sells at $5k like TAV, TF, and XMEN, while TBL sells for $7500 because it's awesome? See, you can speculate that way too!

#1017 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Or - how about:
-The Big Lebowski is my favorite movie ever
-I've always wanted a pinball machine of it
-I don't care what it costs
-I want one brand new when it comes out
-I want the rug and extra goodies for pre-ordering
-I want to support Dutch Pinball for making my pin dream come true
-I will never sell it, even if I sell off most of my collection at some point

Therefore, I will not give a shit if they're selling for lower or higher than I paid for it, and there's nothing wrong with buying something new and sleeping well at night.

I would have to imagine that most of the TBL buyers are going to be hardcore Lebowski fans...not people just buying a $8500 game on a whim. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see a lot of these for resale, actually - but that's purely speculation.

#1018 9 years ago

Same way I feel about TWDLE and STLE.

#1019 9 years ago

Price wise this games a steal compared to any Stern Nib if you live in Europe.

#1020 9 years ago

Ya'll gonna keep comparing dick sizes until this game gets released? Who cares? Buy what YOU want and enjoy it, and stop talking like there can only be one good pin.

#1021 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Ya'll gonna keep comparing dick sizes until this game gets released? Who cares? Buy what YOU want and enjoy it, and stop talking like there can only be one good pin.

Comparing dick size? Who's doing that? All I see is a bunch of guys that can't believe a game of this quality and depth has come to light.

As far as dick size, mine is definitely the smallest.

#1022 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

mine is definitely the smallest.

To be fair, that is a comparison.

#1023 9 years ago

Gosh Burningman, quit being so competitive.

#1024 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Comparing dicksizes is pretty lame... And although I think it's stupid to say such about this thread, I do have to admit I indeed came across a very big dick recently on the internet... It was about 5 foot 10" and went by the name of aeonblack

#1025 9 years ago

So, let me get this straight. I'm a dick because I'm sick of opening this thread to new replies to see that they are NOT, in fact, discussing TBL playfield layout, and are instead opinions on why this game is or isn't better than others? I'm a dick because I want people to just enjoy what they have and what they are getting and to stop comparing pins based on a completely subjective thing (enjoyment)? Alright. Whatever, man. [insert overused TBL joke about your opinion]

I've got my first two payments down for this game, I'm looking forward to it more with each announcement and I really don't feel like reading or discussing anything in this thread except playfield layout. I'm sorry that that bothers you. Get over it.

#1026 9 years ago

21 pages in and I just stopped by for the first time....

Holly Crap this game looks fantastic! Way better than I thought it would be.....better than TWD, better than The Hobbit, better than MMr.......etc......

This thing actually looks like it (for the first time in a long time) might be worth the asking price!

That mini bowling alley is cool as hell! The features, layout....fantastic! If the code pulls it altogether (pun intended) then this thing will......will......well it will be really good!

#1027 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

21 pages in and I just stopped by for the first time....
Holly Crap this game looks fantastic! Way better than I thought it would be.....better than TWD, better than The Hobbit, better than MMr.......etc......
This thing actually looks like it (for the first time in a long time) might be worth the asking price!
That mini bowling alley is cool as hell! The features, layout....fantastic! If the code pulls it altogether (pun intended) then this thing will......will......well it will be really good!

Welcome to the show man!

#1028 9 years ago

I saw pics of the Dudes car toys somewhere last week but has there been a pic spotted of that garage door open and revealing the car?

#1029 9 years ago

You ask and you shall be served dude

Zoom in on the right upper corner

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1030 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I would have to imagine that most of the TBL buyers are going to be hardcore Lebowski fans...not people just buying a $8500 game on a whim. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see a lot of these for resale, actually - but that's purely speculation.

Can I get an AMEN!

TBL is now my most excited and anticipated pin, one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time and of my other favorites, one that I think translates into a pinball game and cleverly chosen by Dutch Pinball! Everything I have seen so far has been presented great, with constant updates, great detail to pay homage to the movie and represent it in the pinball. Slowly releasing more information and after expo will probably be the most talked about pinball coming down the pipe. Money don't even matter to me on this and I am happy to pay and support DP with their efforts to deliver the best product they can on a timeless and classic movie and hopefully more down the line!

I was excited for The Walking Dead, as it is my favorite show of all time and I am an admitted fan boy of everything Walking Dead, show and the comic books. More than any other pin I have ever been excited for and then they put it out without sounds clips from the show and actors and a crappy presentation, poor response to feedback and updates since it's been announced, no anything LE related thus far. To me they are not representing the title they put on their pinball 'AMC's The Walking Dead'. If you are going to use the name then respectfully make it represent the show. If you wanted to use crappy hick actors voices, different theme music instead then base it off the comic, not the show, as I don't have expectations for how they sound.

Still excited and hope it's great but they laid an egg on that for me and really disappointed a huge fan of The Walking Dead show and comic(and obviously pinball lover), might not even buy NIB now, still debating and hoping more $hit comes to light.

For right now, The Dude is the only one abiding for me!

#1031 9 years ago

Read somewhere here that the car will open all the way so that edge of the wall is resting against the red targets.. So car is bash toy to sort of serve as newton ball / telegraph the hits to the red stand ups. Cool if it works and is reliable

#1032 9 years ago

I really like that you can tell the game was laid out specifically to support the TBL theme. The lower bowling alley playfield and upper playfield with building and pop out car would not fit nearly as well for say, TWD.

#1033 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I really like that you can tell the game was laid out specifically to support the TBL theme. The lower bowling alley playfield and upper playfield with building and pop out car would not fit nearly as well for say, TWD.

i guess you could change the bowling pins to zombies on lower playfield and pop out car could be a boss zombie.

Yeah they are doing a good job with theme. I would consider IJ the "theme king" currently but this might take it (good thing I will have both)

#1034 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I would consider IJ the "theme king" currently but this might take it (good thing I will have both)

I think WOZ was masterfully done as well.

#1036 9 years ago

Some of you guys need to borrow a pair of these!

knee-pads-ringerfp_01.jpgknee-pads-ringerfp_01.jpg

#1037 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

knee-pads-ringerfp_01.jpg 20 KB

Will you loan me yours?

#1038 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

knee-pads-ringerfp_01.jpg 20 KB

bunny-lebowski.jpgbunny-lebowski.jpg
#1039 9 years ago

Just because it can...

image.jpgimage.jpg image-510.jpgimage-510.jpg image-206.jpgimage-206.jpg image-573.jpgimage-573.jpg image-932.jpgimage-932.jpg image-422.jpgimage-422.jpg
#1040 9 years ago

I'm sure this has been answered already, but how many of these are they going to make?

#1041 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I'm sure this has been answered already, but how many of these are they going to make?

as many as you need

#1042 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

as many as you need

So, they're gonna keep making them until the demand is filled? That would be great if true.

#1043 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

So, they're gonna keep making them until the demand is filled? That would be great if true.

Thats the word

#1044 9 years ago

Thanks.

#1045 9 years ago

Not sure if the time has passed, but something to think of. The last NSNL from Dp metioned that if you want to get in on the pre order you would want to do that now. No info regarding price increases or any of that, but if you wait until after Expo, the cost of the game could go up.

****I don't know this for a fact, this is just my opinion man***********

#1046 9 years ago

The Powerpuff Girls were down with Lebowski over a decade ago!

#1047 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Not sure if the time has passed, but something to think of. The last NSNL from Dp metioned that if you want to get in on the pre order you would want to do that now. No info regarding price increases or any of that, but if you wait until after Expo, the cost of the game could go up.
****I don't know this for a fact, this is just my opinion man***********

Increase the price, they can alienate the remaining 5% of the buyers that may consider purchasing yet! They already eliminated 95% of those that would have jumped on it if was priced right to begin with (myself included)

#1048 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Increase the price, they can alienate the remaining 5% of the buyers that may consider purchasing yet! They already eliminated 95% of those that would have jumped on it if was priced right to begin with (myself included)

like I said, I don't know shit....but I would probably bet my life that there will not be a price decrease after Expo.

#1049 9 years ago

I would LOVE to own and can afford one but my sickness has it's limits. I hope to get one in the secondary market one day. Looking great!

#1050 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Considering what's going into this game, it's priced fairly compared to its competition, IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
There are 1,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-playfield-layoutmy-thoughts/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.