abondon thread hole.gif
meme.jpg
abandon thread snail.gif
Dude.gif
arsenio scream1.gif
Happy-Festivus.jpg
big lebowski drink.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cute but I don't buy it. First of there's plenty of games as good as Metallica. There are very few as good as Attack from Mars.
Second off, Stern has churned out a lot more 24s than Williams/Bally did Junkyards.
Third - you totally suck for confusing me at first with your post. It's been a long day.

1... can't agree with you there. Met is just a great game all around, good shots, lots to do, great depth, humor, awesome theme and art. Now that the code is basically done I'd put it up with WMS's best. IMHO this, along with LOTR and maybe TSPP, is Stern's best game.

2... otoh, I do agree that overall WMS has more hits.. Stern would do good to slow down to 1-2 really good games/year instead of 2-3 meh games with the occasional Lyman blockbuster.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well why not?
Does that mean you aren't really a true B/W believer?

I believe my friend I believe... However, I do enjoy playing a few of Stern's creations...

#53 9 years ago

Pinside admins, mods, do you see the need for a chatbox or chatroom yet? Every thread with that little fire icon beside it has lately just been changing into off-topic discussions about things completely unrelated to the topic.

That being said, this thread doesn't need to exist anyways.

#54 9 years ago

What DOES that fire thing mean??

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

That being said, this thread doesn't need to exist anyways.

I think that is why the off topic discussions have started and continue...

#56 9 years ago

hot topic

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What DOES that fire thing mean??

Lately? It means this piece of $hit thread is on fire, please let it burn itself out...

#59 9 years ago

Time to close this one down.
The opinions just keep on coming. Facts will come out one day. I'm sure there is lots of blame to around. This is not a one sided story, from the facts we have so far.
Blaming one guy is not the answer.

#60 9 years ago

abondon thread hole.gifabondon thread hole.gif
#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Time to close this one down.
The opinions just keep on coming. Facts will come out one day. I'm sure there is lots of blame to around. This is not a one sided story, from the facts we have so far.
Blaming one guy is not the answer.

How dare you try to bring rational thought and reason into this thread!

#62 9 years ago

Bring on the gif party.

#63 9 years ago

0f77e11e16ae92f6572291d93956c6f5a028ba41a945ee4e79de57ee8436bf6d.jpg0f77e11e16ae92f6572291d93956c6f5a028ba41a945ee4e79de57ee8436bf6d.jpg

#64 9 years ago

I was so excited when TBL was announced even though I couldn't afford one, I followed everything so closely, watched all of the gameplay videos wide eyed with wonder.

Never thought I would be sick to death of hearing about it like I am now.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#66 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

But to come in and create such a shit storm days before treatment? With his education, professor of marketing, etc, he should have prepared for all of this when becoming a partner.

It's called, getting your affairs in order.

His intentions were to protect his family, and remove himself from the company, and future liability.

#67 9 years ago

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31449-1390413196-0.gifanigif_enhanced-buzz-31449-1390413196-0.gif

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

The in-before-the-lock dance party begins!

CSDG2ua.gifCSDG2ua.gif

#70 9 years ago

A/S/L?

Anyone wanna cyber?

#71 9 years ago

We don't need another one of these threads!

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

The in-before-the-lock dance party begins!

Do you have the full version of this?? My eyes popped out like a Warner Bros cartoon!!

#73 9 years ago

how is this train wreck not locked yet?

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

how is this train wreck not locked yet?

Let me just check with the boys down at the mod room, they got em working in shifts.

TBL Cop.jpgTBL Cop.jpg

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Do you have the full version of this?? My eyes popped out like a Warner Bros cartoon!!

Tadaaa.gifTadaaa.gif

#76 9 years ago

This seems relevant to the thread.
Kevin-Bacon.jpgKevin-Bacon.jpg

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I have read every post on the other thread, talked with Barry at great length at Modern Pinball and will be the first one to say I do NOT know everything about this situation, but it may put a little light on what’s going on. My post could be completely wrong, but this is how I see it.
DP was started with 3 dudes saying they thought it would be cool to build a pinball machine. These 3 dudes were friends for many years.
They needed a way to facilitate the US market. They decide that since one of the 3 is a US citizen that he could head up the USA market. DB BV took Phil's word that he could take care of the US side of things, and DP BV could take care of manufacturing and Europe distribution. I feel that DP BV looked at Phil, with his education and general knowledge of how things work in the USA, that he had the ball. DP BV would move money by request to Phil from the DP USA account to the DP BV account to pay for expenses. These expenses could be getting the line up, advertising, and in the end, building the games.
Phil set up a paypal account that represented DP USA. For some reason, he attached his own SS number to that account. This could have been because of ignorance, being lazy, or per-meditated. who knows, but that's what happened.
Phil was irritated at DP BV at the DPO event. At that time, I was not aware of his illness. Maybe he knew about it then, I don't know. After seeing the dialogue between him and Barry, I only see Barry as trying to come to a calm resolution with Phil, wanting him to stay on until the pre-orders are done. I didn't see any ultimatums from Barry. Just a simple reply. And the shit storm started.
Phil locked out the other two partners from the assets of the Corporation (DP USA) that the three of them are partners in. Then basically started a shit storm by sending refunds that were not authorized by the other partners of the Corporation. If Phil truly wanted to make a clean break he easily could have done it.
-sent out a note on DP letterhead signed by the three partners. Stating that DP USA was either being dissolved and/or he was removing his interest in the Company. In this communication, the outline of how the pre-order deposits would be handled. i.e. Transferred to DP BV, refunded and then resubmitted, etc.
-then took action to allow the process to work.
Instead we get a note with our Paypal refund that just says, “here’s a refund”.
I am calling bull shit on Phil right here and right now.
Barry was trying to come to some type of resolution with Phil. Phil wanted it now, now, now (stomping his feet like a 3 year old.) Then, went rogue with the refunds.
I don’t want to hear about Phil crying about his friends and him protecting the USA pre-orders. I hear a 3 year old throwing a tantrum because he didn’t get his way. If Phil was really concerned about his “friends,” the pre-orders, and his family, he would not have acted in such a manner. He has managed to do at least these things.
--jepordized DP in the Pinball Community
--jepordized all of the Pre-order customers with having to deal with his shit
--putting his family at more risk than if he had dealt with this in a professional manner.
I have a hard time believing someone, under such an illness, wanting to go to the mat over this. Many companies have had partners leave suddenly etc….but as long as they all work together things can get sorted out. Like many other people said, and I'll repeat this again, it's just not that easy. If you have responsibilities in a company you can't just get out - you have to work together and find a solution. I know for sure Barry and Jaap wanted this.
I have found that dealing with irrational people in a rational way is like beating your head against the wall. I think that’s the feeling that Barry and Jaap have right now. Going back to my original statement, these guys had been friends for many years. I can see where there was an assumed trust between the three of them, just like we gave our money to Phil in "good faith" that he would provide us a TBL. Our problem is with Phil, not DP BV. Phil was our distributor here in the USA for DP BV, and he is being a dick (was going to use the term "unprofessional" but we are way past that.)
I still have mass confidence in the entire team. I hope all of this gives them even more motivation to deliver TBL as the epic game it is.

Phil is not a co-founder, which is why he doesn't have shares in DP BV. When he asked for shares, Barry said no (because if Barry has less than 50% he could then be voted out).

#78 9 years ago

What a Mess!

#79 9 years ago

Poopy Dog.gifPoopy Dog.gif

#80 9 years ago

Sorry, Burningman, but I'm closing this one. I feel one thread about the DP situation is more than enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,000 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-phil-and-dp-usa/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.