P1090524 (resized).JPG
P1090525 (resized).JPG
IMG_5249 (resized).PNG
IMG_5258 (resized).JPG
IMG_5082 (resized).JPG
Michael-Scott-The-Office-Thats-What-She-Said-Meme (resized).jpg
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_20161110_143933283_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigLebowski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago

I´ve spent a couple of hours over the last days to get my TBL back into a working condition. I had the infamous diverter issue, broken slingshot plastic from the early coils that were too strong and an issue with the upper right gate where the spring kept falling off. Also issues with the slingshot switches which bent way too easily and needed frequent adjustment.

I replaced the diverter with the updated one and that seems to solve the problem with stuck diverters almost completely. But I had to remove the support bracket (which was also a fix) because it held the ramp too high and so the diverter would get stuck under the ramp (before it got stuck on top of the ramp ).

I replaced the broken slingshot plastic with a replacement Barry sent me and I also protected them with big plastic washers, because my impression is, that the TBL plastics really break easily. They are not as sturdy as the CPR ones, at least that´s my feeling.

P1090525 (resized).JPGP1090525 (resized).JPG

I´m already wondering when the plastic above the rug will break. I think that´s a very likely one and I already hate the thought to have to replace that one because so much needs to be removed to get to it.....

I also put a strip of Mylar over the "Cliffy" that protects the Mystery scoop because the "Cliffy" was already bending up quite significantly:

P1090524 (resized).JPGP1090524 (resized).JPG

I replaced all slingshot switches with new ones (it´s the standard Williams switches you´ll get in every pinball shop).

And finally I replaced the spring that activates the upper right gate (above the MAUDE lanes) with a new 10-194. When I removed the coil from the underside of the playfield I detected that one of the screws that fixes the coil to the playfield was loose. That was more likely the cause for my spring problem than the spring itself. Anyway, since I fixed the issue the spring didn't come off again.

Now my TBL plays very well again and I´m eagerly waiting for the next code update. The not yet implemented car modes are really annoying because the car just sits there, you can hit it, but it doesn't do anything and it doesn't go back into the garage either.....

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Then something isn't right; car modes right now should:
- Make a broken glass sound effect with each hit
- After some amount of successful hits , car will retract

what problem were you seeing here to merit this?

It does make that sound and maybe I never hit the car often enough to make it retract. Without rules it´s kinda hard to tell.....

The fact that the switches were bent pretty badly and I had to re-adjust them quite frequently made me do that. Maybe the too strong slingshot coils damaged them, I don´t know. I now have the less strong coils in there and I´ve even reduced the setting to 15 in the menu, because they still seemed very aggressive to me.

#25 7 years ago

Just had a nice game going when suddenly the upper left gate got stuck in the up position. Anybody seen that before? It fell down again when I switched the pin off, so probably no mechanical issue.

#29 7 years ago

Is DP already on Xmas holiday? Sent an email on Monday about some little issues I´m still having - no repsonse so far.....

3 months later
#46 7 years ago

I´m very sorry for those Achievers that haven´t received their machines yet. I still hope that this turns out in a good way somehow, but right now it certainly doesn´t look like it.
For us who have already received their machines the main question is: will there be any more code updates given the fact that DP is in complete turmoil and facing lawsuits with ARA as well as unhappy Achievers. How big is their motivation still to complete the code with just ~50 machines out in the field?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

what more are people honestly expecting

At least a few more chances for extra balls and for those on location free play limits, more bonus multipliers maybe.
Apart from that I'm with you - there's more than enough to do and I will also never see the wizard mode.....

2 years later
#74 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

this is prob closer thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread
never heard of anyone replacing solenoids, can control power in menu

not quite correct, I got weaker coils from Barry for the slingshots. The ones they used on my #18 were too strong.
I would have to look it up in the machine which ones I have in there now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

15,000 (OBO)
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 22.50
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigLebowski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-owners-club?tu=BigLebowski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.