IMG_5458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240412_144538245 (resized).jpg
7B9F625A-9A25-4948-B98C-7A629DCF8703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1909 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1711 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092.gif
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 months ago

Put me on the list

#52 3 months ago

Add me to the list man!

1 week later
#53 3 months ago

First run will most likely be limited to 50. Will see how this goes and then might do a second run.

Should have something to share shortly. Just waiting on a second prototype of the wood ashtray. First one wasn’t worth sharing!

#54 3 months ago

Add me to backup list or second run please

#55 3 months ago

Add me too!

1 week later
#56 3 months ago

Quick update:

The woodworking guy just couldn’t seem to get it right, so I am going a different route. I created the CAD design and the prototype should be here next week. This should allow things to go much quicker once I get the final revision in place.

These things take some time and I want it to be awesome.

More to come!

#57 3 months ago

Hot dang! Thanks for the update

#58 3 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Quick update:
The woodworking guy just couldn’t seem to get it right, so I am going a different route. I created the CAD design and the prototype should be here next week. This should allow things to go much quicker once I get the final revision in place.
These things take some time and I want it to be awesome.
More to come!

Thanks for letting us know. I always say this " I want it done right, not fast" you take your time, we'll be here.

#59 3 months ago

Did Indiana Jones smoke weed? Trying to figure out how to make this work without owning a TBL

IMG_2092.gifIMG_2092.gif
#60 3 months ago

Prototype came for the “fit test”. It is grey right now, but will be a brown wood color in the future. I might get rid of the texture as well (I was experimenting with wood texture).

Anyhow, fit was perfect and the wires will be completely hidden. Magnets underneath hold it is place so it can easily be removed. The camera doesn’t do it justice (doesn’t pick up the “draw” effect).

Should hopefully move quicker now. More to come.

Video below.

#61 3 months ago

That thing is awesome! Can’t wait to see this thing in person. I love how fat it is! Bravo sir bravo

#62 3 months ago

Love it!

#63 3 months ago

Add me to the list for the second run,

Thanks

#64 3 months ago

This is a post to show progress on the new Doobie mod (2.0) for The Big Lebowski. This is also an interest post, although I have no idea what the final cost will be. I am targeting around $100 USD + ship. Will know more once the ashtray details are hammered out.
The goal is you progress the mod a bit more from the original concept in the following ways:
1. More realistic looking Doobie. This will be hand-rolled using real papers and fake herb.
2. Better lighting. Rather than a harsh blinking of the red/orange LEDs, I am introducing inline controllers to give that cherry a steady glow!
3. Real wooden ashtray with laser etched markings.
Wiring and lighting are in place. You can see an example of the lighting in this video:

The Doobie itself still needs ash effect added (coming soon).
I should have an ashtray prototype in the next couple weeks.
If you are interested, just reply on this topic and I can add you to the list.
List so far:
1. KING-HENRY
2. Dr_Spaceman
3. Oneironaut
4. bossk4hire
5. Rick432
6. Drebay
7. fanuminski
8. JimB
9. matlynch91
10. stumblor
11. Vimtoman
12. Sixtieskid
13. Rockbiter
14. estrader
15. Dashmonster
16. Drew13
17. Mischa
18. Only_Pinball
19. bleachout
20. Hershmeister
21. Thedude227
22. slizzap
23. marioparty34
24. jbigdoggf
25. PinDon
26. Leechman
27. MLmotorsport
28. SpacelySpliffs
29. Welke336
30. Nepi23
31. mkintaiwan
32. BallLocks
33. LeftOfTheDial
34. Hoss_Coog
35. FParker185
36. Ross
37. bkaelin
38. wizard1
39. SketchyMcDuff
40. Shamu
41. WillM
42. BrewMeisterSmith
43. Mjesposi
44. Sc1f1
45. Turtlemaster
46. HectorCM
47. El_Tizzle
48. Totanwish
49. Non-Pinside member
50. Non-Pinside member
First Run List closed.
Potential Second Run:
1. Morgoth00
2. Waldo
3. Gd2103

1 week later
#65 82 days ago

Getting there…

IMG_1711 (resized).jpegIMG_1711 (resized).jpeg
#66 82 days ago

So this is a pretty basic 3-D print using a wood-filled PLA material. I could look at doing a more detailed painted resin, but that would bring the cost up by a lot. Thoughts?

I will get some pics of this in the game later.

#67 82 days ago

I like the progress and looks exactly how I imagined it would. I like the 3D printed tray maybe in a dark brown color that makes the doobie pop. The texture looks great.

#68 82 days ago

I'd keep the cost down and let people paint the ashtray as they see fit.
thanks for the great work!

#69 82 days ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

I'd keep the cost down and let people paint the ashtray as they see fit.
thanks for the great work!

Agreed. Love it as it is. Thanks for all the work on this!

#70 81 days ago

I will put this in the first post as well, but here it is all hooked up! I think it looks pretty sweet, but looking for some feedback from this group.

I will be making a small tweaks. I added a second bulb on this to make it brighter and I think that is what I will do moving forward. However, on this one they are arranged side by side…the ones going forward I will try to stack to allow more glow from the top. Still looks great in person.

#71 81 days ago

Also, the ashtray itself has 4 strong magnets underneath that attach to the metal apron. This makes it super easy to remove if needed!

#72 81 days ago

Please add me to the list.

Thanks!
Kerry

#73 81 days ago

Dude this mod is worthy of ANY pin!

#74 81 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I will put this in the first post as well, but here it is all hooked up! I think it looks pretty sweet, but looking for some feedback from this group.
I will be making a small tweaks. I added a second bulb on this to make it brighter and I think that is what I will do moving forward. However, on this one they are arranged side by side…the ones going forward I will try to stack to allow more glow from the top. Still looks great in person.

Freaking love it!

#75 81 days ago

Damnit! I assumed I was already on this list from the main thread. Please add me as well.

#76 81 days ago

Wow just wow. Drop it in a baggy and I will meet you in the parking lot.

#77 80 days ago

Parts have been ordered to start getting things moving. The ashtrays take some time in production and should be here in a couple weeks. This also gives me some time to prepare everything else. Each of these are "hand rolled", so it will take me some time. Appreciate the patience.

I will probably expand the first run to 55-60 given the interest. I will know more about pricing once everything gets here and I figure out shipping supplies and such.

Thanks for all the feedback.

#78 79 days ago

Please add me to the list, thanks!

1 week later
#79 70 days ago

Quick update: I am starting to make the wiring for these. Another week or two until the ashtrays get here. These take time to make, so these will probably start trickling out over the next few months. Once I start getting them out the door, I will post progress here. Thanks!

1 week later
#80 60 days ago

Please add me to the list. Stoked!

#81 57 days ago

Started making the doobies and doing some wiring. These take a bit of time to make and every doobie is just a bit different from the next since they are all hand rolled. Ashtrays come this week!

IMG_1908 (resized).jpegIMG_1908 (resized).jpegIMG_1909 (resized).jpegIMG_1909 (resized).jpeg
#82 57 days ago

Looks fantastic! Great work!

I know I'm a bit late, but I'd love to get added to the list

#83 57 days ago

Please add me if possible. Cheers dude!

#84 52 days ago
IMG_2071 (resized).jpegIMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
#85 51 days ago

Here are the installation instructions in case you all want to see how easy the process is. I have put this in the first post as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ta1zy0mbioqc0uwsgrkko/TBL-Doobie-Mod-v2-Install-Instructions.pdf?rlkey=j5kdl3gx82aqicfvb5j5izpek&dl=0

I have the first four done and will be reaching out to those on the list. Thanks!

Added 25 days ago:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0s7p2e7xe4683j1iqamfg/TBL-Doobie-Mod-v2-Install-Instructions_v1.1.pdf?rlkey=nma773uefgxy9b3gljpzrb8yp&dl=0

#86 51 days ago

Temporary holder until I get my Doobie 2.0, it fits quite well!

7B9F625A-9A25-4948-B98C-7A629DCF8703 (resized).jpeg7B9F625A-9A25-4948-B98C-7A629DCF8703 (resized).jpeg

#87 51 days ago

Can I still be added to the list?

#89 49 days ago

Please add me to the list
Matt
EA30

#90 44 days ago

Mind if I do a J ?

IMG_20240412_144538245 (resized).jpgIMG_20240412_144538245 (resized).jpg
#91 44 days ago
#92 44 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Mind if I do a J ?
[quoted image]

Awesome!

#93 44 days ago

#94 41 days ago

I got my doob yesterday..will be installing today USPS had it stuck in Utah for a few extra days, lol. Where's the instructions on where to plug this in? (I'll look at the front page or reach out to Justin).

#95 40 days ago

If its not too late I would love to be on this list!

#96 35 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I got my doob yesterday..will be installing today USPS had it stuck in Utah for a few extra days, lol. Where's the instructions on where to plug this in? (I'll look at the front page or reach out to Justin).

Got mine today and was emailed the instructions

#98 34 days ago

Can I get added to the list please.

#99 34 days ago

Can you add me to the list? Thx.

#100 31 days ago

Hands down the coolest mod I have added to this game. Well done sir thank you

IMG_5458 (resized).jpegIMG_5458 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Monmouth, OR
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Adairsville, GA
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-doobie-20-interest-and-progress/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.