Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Neat.. Looks real cool.

#2 9 years ago

That is a super cool mech!

Implementation will be interesting. How often will this be used during the game?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Implementation will be interesting. How often will this be used during the game?

Hopefully will be a sweet mode where you have to bowl and play multiball at the same time lol.

#4 9 years ago

Cool video - thanks for posting! Based on this, it seems pretty easy to score a strike if you have the time to simply aim and release the ball. I'm wondering if the aiming device will continuously move back and forth (similar to the turret on Bally's 1958 All Star Deluxe Bowler) for more of a challenge.

#5 9 years ago

Very cool toy. I kinda hope there will be some delay between pushing the button and releasing the ball - maybe button press > an animation on the DMD of someone rolling the ball > ball release. Could make it harder to master.

#7 9 years ago

Very nice. Cool attention to detail.

#8 9 years ago

Was thinking that also.

I'm gonna guess and say that the 'ball return' will move..and you have to time the release of the ball...and probably moving faster as you progress through frames

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Cool video - thanks for posting! Based on this, it seems pretty easy to score a strike if you have the time to simply aim and release the ball. I'm wondering if the aiming device will continuously move back and forth (similar to the turret on Bally's 1958 All Star Deluxe Bowler) for more of a challenge.

#9 9 years ago

So crazy and cool. It does seem pretty easy to just bowl a strike though.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Looks like you can spell BOWLING somehow on the upper playfield, and then there's an insert that says "Let's Go Bowling" ...so, it seems like you'd have to work for it to some extent.

#11 9 years ago

Hopefully we can roll our way into the Semi's.

#12 9 years ago

Very cool. It does seem easy to score strikes since the scale of the pinball is so much larger than the pins. I'm guessing things can be done to mix it up a bit like:

-Have the left/right swing move at different speeds, speed up, slow down, etc, trying to trip you up.

-Possibly make a strike not the goal, but perhaps shots to get the side pins.

Looking forward to seeing more of it.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks like you can spell BOWLING somehow on the upper playfield, and then there's an insert that says "Let's Go Bowling" ...so, it seems like you'd have to work for it to some extent.

Perfect!

It's a cool mech and all, but I wouldn't want to spend too much time on it during a game. I'm sure that they will make it so it isn't too easy to master a strike every time as well.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Hopefully we can roll our way into the Semi's.

LOL

#15 9 years ago

very cool.

Now. Let's see the ball flying the playfield!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

This is why the idea of having to do it during multiball would be amazing.

#17 9 years ago

And.. I can't watch it...

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It better callout, "Fuck it dude. Let's go bowling"

#19 9 years ago

and it's gone...

#20 9 years ago

Wow, why did they remove it?

#21 9 years ago

It's still online, I just found it...

#22 9 years ago

Crap. It was a public video. Maybe wasn't meant to be seen? I was searching youtube for game videos as a bunch of popped up and this showed up.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Crap. It was a public video. Maybe wasn't meant to be seen? I was searching youtube for game videos as a bunch of popped up and this showed up.

Be prepared to be served with a C&D Order!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is why the idea of having to do it during multiball would be amazing.

That would definitely make for more of a challenge!

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It does seem easy to score strikes since the scale of the pinball is so much larger than the pins.

This was a concern I brought up when they first announced the mech. It seems like it would be more of a challenge if they used smaller balls. This could be achieved by isolating the mech from the rest of the game. Just lock the pinball somewhere when the bowling mode is active and feed balls from its own pool.

#26 9 years ago

Throwing this idea out there...
If there's a multiball how cool would it be to have a bonus for holding both flipper buttons on the cabinet and using your crotch for launching the bowling ball trigger and hitting a strike for hidden bonus scoring?
Then a great bonus callout happens like

"Fucking pederass" Walter
Or
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus" Jesus

#27 9 years ago

i want to see it.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Be prepared to be served with a C&D Order!

LOL it wasn't my youtube. It was the developers Koen. It was on his public Youtube page.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

LOL it wasn't my youtube. It was the developers Koen. It was on his public Youtube page.

Yeah, but you were the one who had the balls to post it on Pinside!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

#31 9 years ago

Damn! I had a feeling it was posted by mistake and was going to Camtasia it! Missed it by that much!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, but you were the one who had the balls to post it on Pinside!

It was PUBLIC Any one of us folks could have seen it. I thought it looked cool as hell.

#34 9 years ago

It was public and it was a really cool mechanism.

#35 9 years ago

I'm just glad the few of us got to see it....

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

This is correct. Video was meant for internal evaluation and somehow ended up public.
Sorry guys!

- Koen

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It was PUBLIC Any one of us folks could have seen it. I thought it looked cool as hell.

I hope you realize that I am just joking!

I'm glad as hell that you posted it. Even more glad that I got to see it before it was pulled!

Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

This is correct. Video was meant for internal evaluation and somehow ended up public.
Sorry guys!
- Koen

Keep up the great work. Looked very cool!

#38 9 years ago

Eh. Copy cat of Flintstones.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Sorry guys!

- Koen

I figured that! No worries! You want to give us a translation of what was said...

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Sorry guys!
- Koen

Koen for what it's worth the video was awesome Good work.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You want to give us a translation of what was said...

I think I heard him say "The Walking Dead can suck it". Don't quote me though, my Dutch is a little rusty.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

This was a concern I brought up when they first announced the mech. It seems like it would be more of a challenge if they used smaller balls. This could be achieved by isolating the mech from the rest of the game. Just lock the pinball somewhere when the bowling mode is active and feed balls from its own pool.

I'm certain the ball it loads is isolated to the lower playfield, just like ACDC. Not sure how old that video was, and how much has changed since.

I have faith in DP though, they've done everything right so far.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm certain the ball it loads is isolated to the lower playfield, just like ACDC.

This is correct to my knowledge. Based on the 'stolen balls' thread, it looks like the lower playfield ball could even be colored like a bowling ball

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I have faith in DP though, they've done everything right so far.

Agreed!

#45 9 years ago

After visiting the TBL launch party I can confirm that

1) it's an isolated ball like Acdc
2) when progressing further in the game it will move left right faster to make it more difficult
3) when you push the launch ball button it will release the ball, no seperate button

#46 9 years ago

TBL and The Hobbit will make people forget about TWD real quick

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I'm not sure that is correct...

#48 9 years ago

Damn it, I missed the vid and rolled a gutter-ball.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

About what?

#50 9 years ago

dammit this is what I get for trying to exercise will power today and actually work / not refresh pinside every 10 min.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-bowling-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.