Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180308_073046694 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180304_221932826 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180308_073141786 (resized).jpg
photo(17).jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hello,

I just picked up a Taxi today. I am trying to figure out how the cables are connected. I had to remove all of them to get the backbox off for removing from a basement and there was no time to label them.

Pics of all of the connectors would be greatly appreciated... I'm a visual learner.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

#2 10 years ago

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2505&picno=26285 made this mistake myself on a game or two - hope these help a little... Sorry if you already thought to look at these first.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2505&picno=26285 made this mistake myself on a game or two - hope these help a little... Sorry if you already thought to look at these first.

I didn't even think to look there. Thanks! I'll try this tomorrow night.

#4 10 years ago

The other thing I found when I had this game apart - the wires tend to only reach to where they belong and the keyed factor helps the rest of the way...

#5 10 years ago

I did remove every connector on my Whirlwind when I first got it. Learned not to do that again unless necessary. I got it all hooked up but took a while. It seems impossible to hook up incorrectly with the factory IDC plugs. I think they are all keyed but be careful. If someone put a non keyed one in there it might cause you some grief. Also, after you think you have every connector on there, there will still be a few down in the playfield you forgot so have some patience and hook them all up.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for all the input guys. I got all of the wires hooked up correctly now. The pic on IPDB pointed me in the right direction with most of them and the rest fell into place.

One last question. Where to I attach the green wire on the speaker panel? To the speaker or to any other bolt?

photo(17).jpgphoto(17).jpg

#7 10 years ago

I think speaker but somebody with the game please help, as grounds are a wee bit important.

#8 10 years ago

Ground the speaker on one of the phillips screws.
Download the manual and it lists all of the connections in the backbox.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Ground the speaker on one of the phillips screws.
Download the manual and it lists all of the connections in the backbox.

I checked the manual but it doesn't say anything about that ground cable.

Does anyone have a Taxi that can confirm it's location?

#10 10 years ago

I have a taxi among other games that has the larger speaker grounded on the screw.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

I have a taxi among other games that has the larger speaker grounded on the screw.

Perfect! I'll do that tonight. Thanks for your help!

#12 10 years ago

No problem.Have fun with your game.It's one of the great classics.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

The other thing I found when I had this game apart - the wires tend to only reach to where they belong and the keyed factor helps the rest of the way...

WATCH out! This is not entirely true, the topper and the display power connector are keyed the same and the cables in mine were long enough to reach either location. I learned the hard way, trust me.

4 years later
#14 6 years ago

Hopefully not bad form to bump this but came across it while searching for this exact problem. Does anyone have any higher quality images of the connections in the Taxi backbox (or would be willing to take some) that I could use? Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t make out anything in the IPDB one linked above. I picked up a game that had all the boards removed and really would prefer not to guess my way through reassembling it all. Much (much!) appreciated if anyone has anything they would be able to share. I can provide my email if that’s easier as well.

#15 6 years ago

Also refer to the game interboards signal diagram near the end of the schematics. That shows you wiring colors and connector numbers.

#16 6 years ago

My Taxi is out of order with boards out for repair. These are the pictures I have at the moment. Hope they help a little.

IMG_20180308_073141786 (resized).jpgIMG_20180308_073141786 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180304_221932826 (resized).jpgIMG_20180304_221932826 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180308_073046694 (resized).jpgIMG_20180308_073046694 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-wiring-order-help?hl=ronswanson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.