Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014-04-28 21.08.58.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MonkeyGrass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

Did you ever figure out what was causing this?

I just picked up a great condition Taxi, everything is 100% except it won't hold HS memory for more than about 15 minutes before it "forgets" them! I'd love to get a head start on fixing it.

#7 9 years ago

Thanks dewdude! I meant to post back on this thread, I found the problem it was the ground switch wire that triggers the HS reset - which had become unsoldered to the switch and was randomly grounding out against the case.

Now, I've just got to figure out which chip burned up that's causing this:
2014-04-28 21.08.58.jpg2014-04-28 21.08.58.jpg

I've got several segments constantly lit. I blew it up again (HS 10.6 mils!) and when it was flashing and whooping and going bonkers, those segments lit up and haven't gone away. I knew something got juiced at max voltage and burnt out, I just am not sure which chip controls those segments. The one on the upper left only shows up when the Jackpot score is lit and flashing. I'm pretty sure whatever controls that particular segment needs replacing.

Anyone who might have some insight, I'm all ears!!

#10 9 years ago

Thanks dewdude!! That points me in the right direction. I have the full service manual and schematics, so I'll take a look. I also have Police Force sitting right next to Taxi, so I can swap displays and parts as need to diagnose. Funny, those are two of the only machines to use that split dual LED and extra 7 segment slave display! Lucky for me PF is in perfect shape so I have a great side-by-side comparison.

#13 9 years ago

Ah, that helps tremendously dewdude!

Big thanks, I'm going to start there are see what I find on the display board. Hoping that I can replace a chop or two and not have to kick out for an entire display board. If I hafta, I hafta. Won't be the end of the world to put a new Rottendog display in there. I did, however, just spend nearly $250 on rubbers, plastics, and a replacement right side ramp that I and the wife is giving me the stink eye about it. If I try to run a LED display up the flagpole with her, I'm likely to be drawn and quartered!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MonkeyGrass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-will-not-hold-settings?tu=MonkeyGrass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.