Topic poll

“Taxi or pinbot”

• Pinbot 17 votes
    28%
  • Taxi 44 votes
    72%

(61 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys, if you had the opportunity to get a Taxi or a pinbot and money wasn’t an option, which one would ya get? I feel like pinbot would maintain its enjoyment longer than taxi, as taxi is kind of repetitive.
Pinbot needs a little work with the displays not working, but everything is repairable (fingers crossed).

Anyone owned these machines? Thoughts?

#2 6 years ago

In my humble opinion, Taxi is a far superior game. Pinbot is no slouch, and it’s probably cheaper to acquire though.

If it were me, and all things were equal, I’d get a taxi.

#3 6 years ago

I have had both.
Pinbot is a keeper.
Sold my Taxi a while back.
Both good games, but I prefer Pinbot.

#4 6 years ago

Both are good games but I'd say Pinbot.

Have you had the chance to play both games? Did one capture you more than the other?

Good news is they aren't too hard to come by so eventually you could have both if space and money are not issues. Good luck!

#5 6 years ago

I owned pinbot for several years and loved it. I would never own a Taxi. Once you get the timing down for a ramp with a return to an inlane (on ANY game that has one) the game becomes a bore. I vastly prefer games with no guaranteed returns to an inlane.

#6 6 years ago

I am biased being PinBot was my first purchase (still have it) and owned Taxi for a bit. Taxi is fun game and shares PinBot on it in a small way. But PinBot will be here for the long run....

#7 6 years ago

Really a great pair of pins. I've owned both. Sold both. Have repurchased a taxi, and am somewhat looking for another pinbot.

Taxi is pretty easy to "beat", i.e. pick up all passengers. The bells is a cool feature, and the call outs are super unique. The layout is great too. Just a FUN pin that people love to play.

Pinbot is a much more difficult pin in my opinion. Beating the game, i.e. reach the Sun is damn near impossible, at least for me. The sounds and music on pinbot are some of the BEST in pinball.... actually theyre amazing.

VERY tough call here. Honestly, slight edge towards taxi, but pinbot is right there.

Side note: there seems to be a lot of pinbots for sale on here. Most 2k+. I think that's a crazy amount for a pin that was mass produced.

#8 6 years ago

Really tough question. Taxi is probably a better game.

#9 6 years ago

I owned both and they sat right beside each other. Pinbot is gone. Taxi is a much better game.

#10 6 years ago

owned both, still have pinbot. if i had more room, i wouldnt mind having another taxi

#11 6 years ago

I own a Taxi. Easy to play, fun game. Nice call outs and criss cross ramps really flow. Good for all aged players.

I haven't played a Pinbot, but it's on my list.

I don't think you can wrong unless you buy a turd and hate it due to repair or poor condition.

#12 6 years ago

I've owned both. Still have Taxi, sold Pinbot and don't really miss it at all. Much better gameplay on Taxi especially better ramp shots and multiball. Pinbot if I remember correctly is just completing the drop targets to advance planets and hitting stand ups to open visor to lock balls for multi ball. Would give the edge to Pinbot for artwork and sound effects. Taxi gets the edge for everything else.

#13 6 years ago

Taxi all day long! Variety of scoring opportunities. Once you fix the jackpots at 1.5 million a very balanced game. Had to play Pinbot at Pinburgh and I was the only one short plunging and playing for multiball. I got into multiball and still took last when the other 3 players were plunging the skill shot and quick drains from the pops. Granted it was set up hard with wide open outlines ,but come on, very unbalanced in that respect. That's why I was short plunging. Super fun game to play, I prefer Jackbot if I was limited on space vs Pinbot. Taxi over them all!

#14 6 years ago

Taxi is a classic, an awesome classic! You also said though “if money wasn’t a problem”. If money isn’t a problem then I would buy them both!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Taxi is a classic, an awesome classic! You also said though “if money wasn’t a problem”. If money isn’t a problem then I would buy them both!

The only answer is yes get both and if one doesn't do it for you will have no problem finding either one a new home.

#16 6 years ago

I really like both! If I had to choose one I guess I would go taxi.

#17 6 years ago

Taxi hands down.

#18 6 years ago

Taxi all the way. You won't be disappointed.

#19 6 years ago

Taxi is a more advanced game, but pin*bot has its charms...

#20 6 years ago

Two of the best entry points into the hobby. I'd probably go Taxi, but only because Pinbot is a bit dominated by right flipper shots, IMHO. They also make a great pair .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-vs-pinbot?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.