• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PrinzFred
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 8 years ago

I can't figure out how the sin out is supposed to work. Mine seems to increase 1x, 2x, 3x with each ball played. Full speed off the ball launch circles the spinout probably 4 times, Simple drop into the spinout with no revolutions seems to result in same. Can someone clarify what it should do?

#2 8 years ago

Each revolution should advance one spot, up to the 100K. There is a switch in the spin out to count the revolutions. It takes the heavy plunger spring to make enough revolutions.

#3 8 years ago

On ball launch, the ball should circle the spin out ramp passed the 100,000. This allows for the skill shot to come into play. Check tabs on spin out ramp. If its moving around the balls momentum is slowed. Also make sure the shooter rod is hitting center of the ball. I have mine set a little above center to give it some top English. This allows more speed into the spin out. A good cleaning on the spin out ramp also allows the ball to glide faster. Mine usually will go through the scoring once and back to the 75,000 on full plunge. Your correct that the multiplier changed with each ball..
Good luck

#4 8 years ago

My multiplier increases with each ball. I can count six plus revolutions and still the value is 1000. Tried several different speeds to alter the revolution counts. I have been trying to adjust switch 44 to get me anything but 1000. I have to look again and see if I can trip it by hand to give me the other numbers, (5000, 10000 etc.). Am I on track? I am thinking the ball might be circling above the switch?

#5 8 years ago

Figured it out! The mini switch seems to sag in the spinout, ball goes over the top!. Temporarily I bent the switch arm up a bit. and it registers. Ball shooter will only get me 4 registered revolutions. I think a rebuild is in order.

Thanks all!!! Knowing how it should work helped.

#6 8 years ago

Also take a look at how the plunger is lining up with the ball. If the plunger is off center, the ball will not have full momentum. I found on mine that the playfield brackets in the front needed to be shimmed a little.

1 week later
#7 8 years ago

Look at how the ball aligns with the plunger. You may need to adjust the shooter rod so it aligns with the ball properly. Also the springs on the shooter rod may need to be changed. Newer ones on the front may be too big or too stiff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 109.00
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-spinout-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.