(Topic ID: 90259)

Taxi Spin-Out Ramp Sale Date And Pricing Announced!!!

By TwistedPins

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 314 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Tsskinne
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20150125_010.jpg
WP_20150125_007.jpg
201408-twisted-pin-ramp5.jpg
201408-twisted-pin-ramp2.jpg
201408-twisted-pin-ramp1.jpg
IMG_20140725_173834 (Medium).jpg
IMG_3572.JPG
2014-04-21 22.15.38.jpg
2014-07-22 13.58.23.jpg
2014-07-22 13.58.33.jpg
2014-07-22 13.58.28.jpg
2014-07-22 13.58.40.jpg
1996.jpeg
CORVETTE 002.jpg
Taxi Blue Installed #6.JPG
Taxi Blue Installed #5.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukewells.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 9 years ago

Well this is exciting!

I look forward to these going on sale shortly

1 week later
#68 9 years ago

So I am guessing these ramps are not going to be cheap, and we all know they are a weak point in the game (almost every Taxi I have ever seen has at least a crack in the spinout ramp)

So would these new ones be any stronger than the originals? or are they made of the same materials?

Is there a possibility of someone manufacturing some sort of protector(s) for the ramp to strengthen high risk areas?

Still excited to see these released

Love Taxi and it is anoying that I can't get my Spinout past 10K

#84 9 years ago

Fantastic! A choice between red and blue, both great, don't know which looks best. I look forward to seeing what a blue one looks like installed in a machine

#86 9 years ago

So in my impatience, I took out my knackered spinout ramp and filled and glued it all over to get it back into being as close to a solid piece as I can.

It now works as it should, in that it will now go past 100K and back up to 25k (but looks crap) but I can't believe how much it changes the game, if you are playing your strategy right, by locking and releasing the balls at every opportunity, you can make probably as much as 50% of your score from the spinout ramp alone!

It adds a whole new dimension to the game having a working spinout ramp! I guess most people already know this, but if you've never played a Taxi with a fully working spinout ramp (not sure that I have) then you won't have realised!

Excited more than ever to get a nice new one now

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I usually shoot to pickup a passenger.

On your first ball right?

You surely don't want to miss 2x 100K or 3x 100k on your second and third balls, up to 5 times per ball before your jackpot? That's 1.5million on ball 3

1 month later
#152 9 years ago

Woah, I just checked the thread and you only posted 32 seconds ago lol

That's fantastic news on the special price! I'm up for one of those definitely!

#153 9 years ago

Now I've got the red vs blue dilemma! lol

Would be nice to see blue installed

PS. IS it me, or do the photos look like there are 2 images layered ontop of each other?

#166 9 years ago

Thankyou for the pictures, the blue does indeed look very nice!

Oh well only one more day to decide! lol

I expect a mad rush for these

#231 9 years ago

Chickened out going for blue and ordered red yesterday

I look forward to receiving it.

I really appreciate TwistedPins offering these at a good price and I really hope they do well out of them! This is a part that a lot of people have wanted for a long time, and we can see the orders are flooding in. Good work guys!

1 week later
#274 9 years ago

Mine has arrived in the UK! Initial impressions are that it looks very nice.

I did notice the metal strip being glued at an angle. I will give it a trial run and see how it goes, as long as it absorbs most of the initial impact it should be good

IMG_20140725_173834 (Medium).jpgIMG_20140725_173834 (Medium).jpg

#283 9 years ago

Nice job on the reinforced tabs at the front, don't know if the original has that or not as mine are broken off on my original

#285 9 years ago

I'm very tempted to order a second ramp as a spare .....

I'd probably ask for the metal flap to be fitted, so I can fit it straight myself as it seems alot of people think it should be straight

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukewells.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-spin-out-ramp-reproductions-samples-are-in?tu=lukewells and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.