(Topic ID: 90259)

Taxi Spin-Out Ramp Sale Date And Pricing Announced!!!

By TwistedPins

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 314 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Tsskinne
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20150125_010.jpg
WP_20150125_007.jpg
201408-twisted-pin-ramp5.jpg
201408-twisted-pin-ramp2.jpg
201408-twisted-pin-ramp1.jpg
IMG_20140725_173834 (Medium).jpg
IMG_3572.JPG
2014-04-21 22.15.38.jpg
2014-07-22 13.58.23.jpg
2014-07-22 13.58.33.jpg
2014-07-22 13.58.28.jpg
2014-07-22 13.58.40.jpg
1996.jpeg
CORVETTE 002.jpg
Taxi Blue Installed #6.JPG
Taxi Blue Installed #5.JPG
There are 314 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 9 years ago

Any idea when it will be ready for market?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Any idea when it will be ready for market?

The ramps themselves will be done by the end of the week according to the injection molder. We are working on getting the metal strip that goes into the spin-out bowl cut right now. Also making the other piece that sits on top of the ramp at the back of the spin-out. Once all we have all the pieces then we will release it. Hopefully that is within 2-3 weeks.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Not sure how you came to this conclusion?? The samples actually have better clarity than the NOS ramp I compared it to.

Was that one of your ramps installed in the Taxi in the row across from your booth? It was either one of yours or a NOS ramp. It played exactly as it should. Unfortunately the plastic that guides the ball out of the Santa saucer was MIA and balls went SDTM out of that saucer. What a letdown.

The color and clarity of the ramps looked fine. That ramp is covered by a huge plastic with lots of art on it anyway. If there was any difference in color or clarity, no one will notice. Not worth worrying about. If indeed that game had a new repro installed, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to a customer.

#54 9 years ago

If you don't like it then don't buy it, keep your broke one. I really don't see why all the fuss, it gets covered up by a plastic anyway. As long as it works and fits and made off the original drawings i say it's a winner. It's a real actual reproduction not just a cheap copy. I'm in.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

If you don't like it then don't buy it, keep your broke one. I really don't see why all the fuss, it gets covered up by a plastic anyway. As long as it works and fits and made off the original drawings i say it's a winner. It's a real actual reproduction not just a cheap copy. I'm in.

I didn't say i didn't like it. I think it's a very nice job, and i hope he realizes his investment. I just think if the guy paid for a polished tool, (And they really are not cheap) he should get what he paid for.

Live and be well,
Bob

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

I didn't say i didn't like it. I think it's a very nice job, and i hope he realizes his investment. I just think if the guy paid for a polished tool, (And they really are not cheap) he should get what he paid for.
Live and be well,
Bob

Have you even seen the damn things??
They are very shiny and possibly better looking than the originals. Without a doubt.
I know I'm buying one when they're available. A must have for anyone who has a taxi IMO
And if anyones gonna bitch about the price before they have even announced what that price is, maybe you should make taxi spin out ramp at home with a hot glue gun or something.

#57 9 years ago

EHRMAGERD!!!!!!

This is AWESOME for Taxi owners!

Chris

#58 9 years ago

Amazed at the reaction of my price is right comment.

If you have a busted up pop bottle for your spin out ramp then you're probably going to pay more than me whose ramp is cracked with repairs but works. I'm also sure that it'll be priced right by the OP or people won't buy them.

I know I'm looking forward to getting the finer details!

#59 9 years ago

FWIW...NOS spinout with a crack went for $207.50 on EBay
ebay.com link: itm

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

FWIW...NOS spinout with a crack went for $207.50 on EBay
ebay.com link

That isn't a NOS ramp but a very nice used one. Also that ramp isn't complete as it is missing the spring steel piece that is on the wall of the spin-out bowl. Our ramps will come with that piece of steel installed as it did from Williams.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

That isn't a NOS ramp but a very nice used one. Also that ramp isn't complete as it is missing the spring steel piece that is on the wall of the spin-out bowl. Our ramps will come with that piece of steel installed as it did from Williams.

Got it. IM a lot of money for a used ramp.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Got it. IM a lot of money for a used ramp.

Yes it is and I can tell you that the new one will be less than the one that sold on Ebay.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Yes it is and I can tell you that the new one will be less than the one that sold on Ebay.

I am telling you people, I saw it at Pin a Go Go in person. It is beautiful and very fairly priced. Twistedpins knocked it out of the park, and were super nice to talk to and answer questions.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Understood. You don't need one. But there is no reason to even reply on the OP's thread about "I'll take one if the price is right"?? I mean who cares...the OP isn't going to jump to attention and start changing prices bc a couple of members on here have price issues. Wait for the product to see it's price and than determine it's value for you as a customer.....we don't need to know "if it's not to your liking (the cost) than you won't buy it".

I don't know for sure, but if I was reporducing parts, I'd like to have an idea of demand elasticity when doing my initial run because I'd like to know I could clearance my overstock.

Why are so many people afraid of the free market and any participants who are unlike themselves? In fact, I'm having difficulty understanding why you responded to the post as you did. Are you admonishing him for making a foolish post or are you just trying to attack a perceived threat toward your irrational exuberance?

#65 9 years ago

Well this is exciting!

I look forward to these going on sale shortly

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I don't know for sure, but if I was reporducing parts, I'd like to have an idea of demand elasticity when doing my initial run because I'd like to know I could clearance my overstock.
Why are so many people afraid of the free market and any participants who are unlike themselves? In fact, I'm having difficulty understanding why you responded to the post as you did. Are you admonishing him for making a foolish post or are you just trying to attack a perceived threat toward your irrational exuberance?

image-762.jpgimage-762.jpg

#67 9 years ago

Please put me on the list for purchasing one when they are available. Thanks!
Dan

1 week later
#68 9 years ago

So I am guessing these ramps are not going to be cheap, and we all know they are a weak point in the game (almost every Taxi I have ever seen has at least a crack in the spinout ramp)

So would these new ones be any stronger than the originals? or are they made of the same materials?

Is there a possibility of someone manufacturing some sort of protector(s) for the ramp to strengthen high risk areas?

Still excited to see these released

Love Taxi and it is anoying that I can't get my Spinout past 10K

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from lukewells:

So I am guessing these ramps are not going to be cheap, and we all know they are a weak point in the game (almost every Taxi I have ever seen has at least a crack in the spinout ramp)
So would these new ones be any stronger than the originals? or are they made of the same materials?
Is there a possibility of someone manufacturing some sort of protector(s) for the ramp to strengthen high risk areas?
Still excited to see these released
Love Taxi and it is anoying that I can't get my Spinout past 10K

My understanding is they are gonna be a decent price. I can't wait to get one. My spinout is actually in good shape with only a few fractures around where a couple screws go in it.

#70 9 years ago

I want a blue one!

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

My understanding is they are gonna be a decent price.

Yes they will be reasonably priced. We will be releasing pricing shortly. Right now we are awaiting the metal strips that go onto the side of the spin-out bowl. Once we get those we will know our costs and finalize the pricing.

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I can't wait to get one. My spinout is actually in good shape with only a few fractures around where a couple screws go in it.

Now you will have two choices for your ramp You can go with the original production version or the prototype blue version. According to the original print Williams intended for them to be blue but then at some point before production it was changed to red. I set the blue ramp into my machine and it looked right at home!

Prototype Blue Taxi Spin-Out Ramp.JPGPrototype Blue Taxi Spin-Out Ramp.JPG
#72 9 years ago

Blue. Red ..Love both...Cant decide .. better buy both.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Yes they will be reasonably priced. We will be releasing pricing shortly. Right now we are awaiting the metal strips that go onto the side of the spin-out bowl. Once we get those we will know our costs and finalize the pricing.

Now you will have two choices for your ramp You can go with the original production version or the prototype blue version. According to the original print Williams intended for them to be blue but then at some point before production it was changed to red. I set the blue ramp into my machine and it looked right at home!

Prototype Blue Taxi Spin-Out Ram... 61 KB

That blue looks awesome too. I may buy that one.

#74 9 years ago

Interesting! The blue is, indeed, pretty cool-looking. I wonder how it'd look in the game, properly lit. Bet it changes the aesthetics quite a bit just by itself.

#75 9 years ago

I was really hoping that you would include the "Lid" for this ramp, mine is all busted to crap.......

Quoted from TwistedPins:

Also making the other piece that sits on top of the ramp at the back of the spin-out

#76 9 years ago

^^^ Agreed! My ramp lid is broken too. It would be great to have a replacement option

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I was really hoping that you would include the "Lid" for this ramp, mine is all busted to crap.......

Yes the "lid" will also be available. Those are being run right now at the injection molder and will be back to us late this week/early next week. We did make a few changes to it so that it will hold up better and should not break as easily. Once we have the finished product back in hand we will post photos and show how we improved the ramp.

#78 9 years ago

b b b b blue ramp??? This is as big as news as blue kool-aid was!!

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

I set the blue ramp into my machine and it looked right at home!

How about a picture of the blue ramp installed in your machine? I'm very tempted to go this route, but I'd like to see it.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Q-Dog:

How about a picture of the blue ramp installed in your machine? I'm very tempted to go this route, but I'd like to see it.

I will post a picture of the ramp installed once I have everything that goes with (metal strip and the spin-out "lid". Both of those parts are being finished by the vendors right now.

I just set my ramp into my machine and did not fully install it yet.

#81 9 years ago

I usually try to keep stuff as original looking as possible ... but ... that blue

#82 9 years ago

Ooooooooh. Maaaaaaaah. Geeeerrrrrrrd!

This is perfect. BLUE Spinout ramps?! Yes yes YES!!!

They will go perfect with my blue superbands and the blue star posts I added. Plus, my OEM red one works well (seriously, I think sometimes I'm the only Taxi owners who's spinout goes past 100 to 1 if you really get a perfect plunge) so this will be a perfect contrast.

Put me down for a blue one!!

#superstoked

#83 9 years ago

Might look really nice with the blue lane guide plastics. Might have to take a ride on the wild side....

#84 9 years ago

Fantastic! A choice between red and blue, both great, don't know which looks best. I look forward to seeing what a blue one looks like installed in a machine

#85 9 years ago

Translucent blueeeeeeeeeeeee!

I know you guys did this bc it supposed to be a prototype.....buuuuut maybe offering colored variations of any ramps down the pipeline might be a cool "MOD" that would sell more ramps?!

That's all just speculation though.....

I think the blue is nice though.....I expect to see them in every TAXI from here on out!!

#86 9 years ago

So in my impatience, I took out my knackered spinout ramp and filled and glued it all over to get it back into being as close to a solid piece as I can.

It now works as it should, in that it will now go past 100K and back up to 25k (but looks crap) but I can't believe how much it changes the game, if you are playing your strategy right, by locking and releasing the balls at every opportunity, you can make probably as much as 50% of your score from the spinout ramp alone!

It adds a whole new dimension to the game having a working spinout ramp! I guess most people already know this, but if you've never played a Taxi with a fully working spinout ramp (not sure that I have) then you won't have realised!

Excited more than ever to get a nice new one now

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from lukewells:

It now works as it should, in that it will now go past 100K and back up to 25k (but looks crap) but I can't believe how much it changes the game, if you are playing your strategy right, by locking and releasing the balls at every opportunity, you can make probably as much as 50% of your score from the spinout ramp alone!..

I usually shoot to pickup a passenger.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I usually shoot to pickup a passenger.

On your first ball right?

You surely don't want to miss 2x 100K or 3x 100k on your second and third balls, up to 5 times per ball before your jackpot? That's 1.5million on ball 3

1 week later
#89 9 years ago

This seems really quiet. What's going on with the ramps?

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from indy5mike:

This seems really quiet. What's going on with the ramps?

YOU JINXED IT! Now we won't hear anything for weeks!

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

YOU JINXED IT! Now we won't hear anything for weeks!

I was just coming back to this thread to say....

Uhhhhh...

Hello?

Any word on an actual production run of these? It's been several weeks since the prototypes were finished and I thought we were getting close to being able to purchase one....

#92 9 years ago

Did PPS step in?

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from MonkeyGrass:

I was just coming back to this thread to say....
Uhhhhh...
Hello?
Any word on an actual production run of these? It's been several weeks since the prototypes were finished and I thought we were getting close to being able to purchase one....

Ramps themselves are done and sitting here in our shop. There is more to this than just the spinout ramp itself. We also had to wait for the cup that sits on top of the spinout bowl to be produced. Those are done and now we are just gluing in the steel strips that go into the spinout bowl on the ramp. We anticipate having them on the market possibly late this week or early next week.

Quoted from tilt-master:

Did PPS step in?

What does PPS have to do with us producing a ramp?

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Ramps themselves are done and sitting here in our shop. There is more to this than just the spinout ramp itself. We also had to wait for the cup that sits on top of the spinout bowl to be produced. Those are done and now we are just gluing in the steel strips that go into the spinout bowl on the ramp. We anticipate having them on the market possibly late this week or early next week.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Pps has their hand out asking for money most likely

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

YES!!!!!!

I cannot wait for this to arrive!!

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Pps has their hand out asking for money most likely

PPS (Rick) works with companies who want to produce anything that is a licensed Bally/Williams item. He does not just ask for money. PPS did supply the original blueprints which we used to build the new injection mold and will be a distributor of the ramps.

#98 9 years ago

How do we get on the list, count me in!!

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

How do we get on the list, count me in!!

Sorry there isn't any sort of list. We will post on our Facebook/Twitter accounts and also on the forums when they are on sale.

#100 9 years ago

Will supply be limited to a certain run or will they be an ongoing product?

There are 314 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-spin-out-ramp-reproductions-samples-are-in/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.