Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Elicash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I can't get the ball to circle the spin out ramp often enough to score 100 points. It always falls short - runs out of steam - at around 50. The sound from the ball shooter is very loud and annoying indicating a good spring action? I suspect there is either a weak shooter spring or a short shooter rod? The spring is red in color. Is there anybody out there who can give me any ideas, may be part numbers for the correct shooter parts? Fully appreciate any help I can get.

#2 6 years ago

New Balls ? Drop of oil on shooter rod ? Clean and wax ramp ?

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

I had this same issue with a Taxi I was restoring....I tried everything. New shooter rod, new spring, longer spring, shorter spring, new sleeve in shooter rod. non of that made a difference. I changed the pitch of the game, still same problem. What finally fixed it was I shortened the switch. it was to long and slowing down the ball.

#4 6 years ago

Have the plunger hit to the left a little bit, it'll help pull the ball around the spinout.

#5 6 years ago

I actually just bent it differently so it was shorter. I also had a new spin out tray. As I started playing the game more and more it became "broken in" and the ball spins faster in the tray now.

#6 6 years ago

Also check the alignment of the shooter. Might be hitting the ball off-center. Sometimes the shooter is crooked too, especially if the cabinet has been beaten up, so it might need a shim.

Would not oil the shooter shaft on newer games. Sometimes they need a cleaning, and a new nylon sleeve.

I'm thinking of pulling the red spring out of Taxi, and trying a weaker spring. The red spring has the ball spinning around way too many times.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Biffbar:

Also check the alignment of the shooter. Might be hitting the ball off-center. Sometimes the shooter is crooked too, especially if the cabinet has been beaten up, so it might need a shim.

This is true...

Quoted from Biffbar:

Would not oil the shooter shaft on newer games. Sometimes they need a cleaning, and a new nylon sleeve

This is also good advice. So true

Quoted from Biffbar:

I'm thinking of pulling the red spring out of Taxi, and trying a weaker spring. The red spring has the ball spinning around way too many times.

I've tried this myself.....didn't work right. I don't recommend it.

#8 6 years ago

Also an issue may be if you're using a new barrel spring which is longer than the original. I bought a new spring and it fit but was too long and I wouldn't get many spins from a full plunge. I put the old/original back in and away it went. I've yet to try and clip the new spring to be shorter but I'd imagine it should work. I also dremeled out the hole in the cab that the shooter rod goes in so I could adjust the plunger lower so that it hits dead center on the ball. Lastly a freshly waxed bowl goes a long way too!

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from BriPin:

Lastly a freshly waxed bowl goes a long way too!

+1. This DOES go a long way. Waxed the entire Spinout ramp during the teardown, works much better since

#10 6 years ago

Getting the alignment just right on the bowl and the shooter for this game is BRUTAL. Just keep tweaking with the adjustments and you should get it SOLID after a wax of the bowl and making sure the support brackets that hold the bowl are solid.

#11 6 years ago

can someone link to the part number on the switch you are supposed to have in the bowl? I tried to tweak the switch and wonder if a new one will help. I have had switches in other games that still work but get worn out and need to be depressed deeper for it to register. I would like to replace mine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-spin-out-help?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.