New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 279326)

Taxi, robocop or star wars home pin?

By Reid420k

8 days ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by gunstarhero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

53835EEE-8088-4292-9BBF-82DC8B978EBA (resized).jpeg
283C6670-22AD-4FFE-A808-3080B396E882 (resized).jpeg
7A676B9B-E8DB-49A9-B97D-46579BEE57EC (resized).jpeg

#1 8 days ago

Hey, I am new to pinball. Been playing for about 4 months 4-5 hours a week. Just picked up a data east simpsons. Love it but looking at getting a second as I have room for one more...have played about 20 different pinball machines. (Addams family, attack from mars, street fighter 2, kiss, stranger things. Stern Star trek(my fav) stern batman, robocop, taxi, terminator 2, black knight 2000 and the new 2019 black knight ect.........)

Back to question...taxi was removed from location i didn't play it much because it ate my tokens (no deal on credits) and free play was set high. So I'm itching to play one bad. There is one for sale here. Same with a robocop...but I was wondering if I should just spend extra and get a new star wars home pin, (has deeper play then other games) and easy for my friends to pick up and they love the theme.....
Opinions?

#2 8 days ago

Get the Taxi, great game and half the price of the SW pin. Then you spend the second half on a third pin.

John

#4 8 days ago

Thanks. I was leaning towards taxi.

#5 8 days ago
Quoted from Reid420k:

Hey, I am new to pinball. Been playing for about 4 months 4-5 hours a week. Just picked up a data east simpsons. Love it but looking at getting a second as I have room for one more...have played about 20 different pinball machines. (Addams family, attack from mars, street fighter 2, kiss, stranger things. Stern Star trek(my fav) stern batman, robocop, taxi, terminator 2, black knight 2000 and the new 2019 black knight ect.........)
Back to question...taxi was removed from location i didn't play it much because it ate my tokens (no deal on credits) and free play was set high. So I'm itching to play one bad. There is one for sale here. Same with a robocop...but I was wondering if I should just spend extra and get a new star wars home pin, (has deeper play then other games) and easy for my friends to pick up and they love the theme.....
Opinions?

The LAST game you should ever get is the SW home. Just so many better games

#6 3 days ago

I ended up getting a whirlwind off another pinsider in Canada... still system 11 goodness..... never played one though. I'm sure ill love it since I love every pat lawlor game I have played!

#7 3 days ago

I've had Taxi and Whirlwind. Taxi is better. Play it. Enjoy it, and when you get tired of it put it up for sale/trade. Rotating your pins can keep you in new pins pretty cheap. Enjoy!

#8 2 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I've had Taxi and Whirlwind. Taxi is better. Play it. Enjoy it, and when you get tired of it put it up for sale/trade. Rotating your pins can keep you in new pins pretty cheap. Enjoy

Thanks for the tip! I'm trying to convince wife to put a third machine in.... I can get a taxi for a good price.
Then I can compair them and pick which one I want

#9 2 days ago

Robocop is way cooler than taxi !

#10 2 days ago

No way, Robocop is a game you play a couple of times and move on. Taxi will bring you back for more.

John

#11 2 days ago

Taxi, Whirlwind both incredible. Trying to decide if I want Earthshaker, Funhouse, or a newer DMD game next! I think Taxi and Whirlwind are currently my favorite two games in my collection.

283C6670-22AD-4FFE-A808-3080B396E882 (resized).jpeg53835EEE-8088-4292-9BBF-82DC8B978EBA (resized).jpeg7A676B9B-E8DB-49A9-B97D-46579BEE57EC (resized).jpeg
#12 2 days ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

No way, Robocop is a game you play a couple of times and move on. Taxi will bring you back for more

I have a local pinball arcade 5 minutes from me and bowling alley 3..... pinball arcade got rid of the taxi cabinet and kept the robocop.... they charge tokens for play. Robocop 2 tokens every other 3.... I tried taxi and it kept eating my tokens.... played robocop because freeplay was set so low.... but I am craving for taxi and they switched it for T2....which I'm really not a fan of..... its fun and all but something about taxi.....

#13 2 days ago

WW is a great game. Fun house is good to. If you like a certain game that is all that matters. Doesn’t matter if others don’t. We all have different games we like and don’t like.

#14 2 days ago

I had a Taxi a while back. Really liked it, so did guests. I'd buy one again if the price were right.

#15 2 days ago

Go for a multi mode dmd is a great progression.
Too bad that SW home for 4K on the west coast won't ship.

#16 2 days ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Go for a multi mode dmd is a great progression.
Too bad that SW home for 4K on the west coast won't ship

2 new in Toronto for sale bm house and thats 4k us which is 5500cad plus tax which comes to 6500 i called them, I got whirlwind for alot cheaper then that

#17 2 days ago

Considering what that Sharkey was a touch over 4k in Ottawa, I was thinking 4k cdn.
WW is a great title on a hot day.
Get a nice breeze going....

#18 2 days ago

Diner > Taxi

Oh wait...wrong thread.

#19 2 days ago

Oooh, Taxi!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Lithia Springs, GA
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside