You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53835EEE-8088-4292-9BBF-82DC8B978EBA (resized).jpeg
283C6670-22AD-4FFE-A808-3080B396E882 (resized).jpeg
7A676B9B-E8DB-49A9-B97D-46579BEE57EC (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Hey, I am new to pinball. Been playing for about 4 months 4-5 hours a week. Just picked up a data east simpsons. Love it but looking at getting a second as I have room for one more...have played about 20 different pinball machines. (Addams family, attack from mars, street fighter 2, kiss, stranger things. Stern Star trek(my fav) stern batman, robocop, taxi, terminator 2, black knight 2000 and the new 2019 black knight ect.........)

Back to question...taxi was removed from location i didn't play it much because it ate my tokens (no deal on credits) and free play was set high. So I'm itching to play one bad. There is one for sale here. Same with a robocop...but I was wondering if I should just spend extra and get a new star wars home pin, (has deeper play then other games) and easy for my friends to pick up and they love the theme.....
Opinions?

#2 3 years ago

Get the Taxi, great game and half the price of the SW pin. Then you spend the second half on a third pin.

John

#3 3 years ago

Taxi fo sho

#4 3 years ago

Thanks. I was leaning towards taxi.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Reid420k:

Hey, I am new to pinball. Been playing for about 4 months 4-5 hours a week. Just picked up a data east simpsons. Love it but looking at getting a second as I have room for one more...have played about 20 different pinball machines. (Addams family, attack from mars, street fighter 2, kiss, stranger things. Stern Star trek(my fav) stern batman, robocop, taxi, terminator 2, black knight 2000 and the new 2019 black knight ect.........)
Back to question...taxi was removed from location i didn't play it much because it ate my tokens (no deal on credits) and free play was set high. So I'm itching to play one bad. There is one for sale here. Same with a robocop...but I was wondering if I should just spend extra and get a new star wars home pin, (has deeper play then other games) and easy for my friends to pick up and they love the theme.....
Opinions?

The LAST game you should ever get is the SW home. Just so many better games

#6 3 years ago

I ended up getting a whirlwind off another pinsider in Canada... still system 11 goodness..... never played one though. I'm sure ill love it since I love every pat lawlor game I have played!

#7 3 years ago

I've had Taxi and Whirlwind. Taxi is better. Play it. Enjoy it, and when you get tired of it put it up for sale/trade. Rotating your pins can keep you in new pins pretty cheap. Enjoy!

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've had Taxi and Whirlwind. Taxi is better. Play it. Enjoy it, and when you get tired of it put it up for sale/trade. Rotating your pins can keep you in new pins pretty cheap. Enjoy

Thanks for the tip! I'm trying to convince wife to put a third machine in.... I can get a taxi for a good price.
Then I can compair them and pick which one I want

#9 3 years ago

Robocop is way cooler than taxi !

#10 3 years ago

No way, Robocop is a game you play a couple of times and move on. Taxi will bring you back for more.

John

#11 3 years ago

Taxi, Whirlwind both incredible. Trying to decide if I want Earthshaker, Funhouse, or a newer DMD game next! I think Taxi and Whirlwind are currently my favorite two games in my collection.

283C6670-22AD-4FFE-A808-3080B396E882 (resized).jpeg283C6670-22AD-4FFE-A808-3080B396E882 (resized).jpeg53835EEE-8088-4292-9BBF-82DC8B978EBA (resized).jpeg53835EEE-8088-4292-9BBF-82DC8B978EBA (resized).jpeg7A676B9B-E8DB-49A9-B97D-46579BEE57EC (resized).jpeg7A676B9B-E8DB-49A9-B97D-46579BEE57EC (resized).jpeg
#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

No way, Robocop is a game you play a couple of times and move on. Taxi will bring you back for more

I have a local pinball arcade 5 minutes from me and bowling alley 3..... pinball arcade got rid of the taxi cabinet and kept the robocop.... they charge tokens for play. Robocop 2 tokens every other 3.... I tried taxi and it kept eating my tokens.... played robocop because freeplay was set so low.... but I am craving for taxi and they switched it for T2....which I'm really not a fan of..... its fun and all but something about taxi.....

#13 3 years ago

WW is a great game. Fun house is good to. If you like a certain game that is all that matters. Doesn’t matter if others don’t. We all have different games we like and don’t like.

#14 3 years ago

I had a Taxi a while back. Really liked it, so did guests. I'd buy one again if the price were right.

#15 3 years ago

Go for a multi mode dmd is a great progression.
Too bad that SW home for 4K on the west coast won't ship.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Go for a multi mode dmd is a great progression.
Too bad that SW home for 4K on the west coast won't ship

2 new in Toronto for sale bm house and thats 4k us which is 5500cad plus tax which comes to 6500 i called them, I got whirlwind for alot cheaper then that

#17 3 years ago

Considering what that Sharkey was a touch over 4k in Ottawa, I was thinking 4k cdn.
WW is a great title on a hot day.
Get a nice breeze going....

#18 3 years ago

Diner > Taxi

Oh wait...wrong thread.

#19 3 years ago

Oooh, Taxi!

1 week later
#20 3 years ago

Robocop gets a lot of play at our house and it's a hit with guests. It also has some of the best sound I've ever heard from a pin. I may be a little biased though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4,999.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 4,999.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Redlands, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-robocop-or-star-wars-home-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.