IMG_3436_(resized).JPG
IMG_3434_(resized).JPG
IMG_3433_(resized).JPG
IMG_3432_(resized).JPG
IMG_3431_(resized).JPG
IMG_3430_(resized).JPG
IMG_3426_(resized).JPG
IMG_3429_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Nate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago

Gov - Great, great work!!!

My Taxi pf wasn't nearly as bad off, and I ultimately chickened-out of using the masks you kindly sent me a while back when I was seriously considering doing more painting than I ultimately did. I left most of the original colors - funny thing, your masks were soooo *perfect* (down to the leaves trailing from the apple tree near the right ramp) that I mistakenly left one of the teeny vinyl pieces ontop of a leaf and sealed it under my new coat of mylar!!!!

I'm re-populating the pf now and taking stock of exactly what list of parts I need to re-order to make it complete, re-building the pieces is like one big jigsaw puzzle!!!

-Nate

2 months later
#30 8 years ago

Where are those "Drive" arrows from on the pf???

#32 8 years ago

Ahhh, gotcha - didn't think they were for Taxi!!!

4 weeks later
#36 8 years ago

Urrrmmmm, why red pop skirts??? Blue would look much better IMHO.......wow lookit that shine!! Excellent!

#44 8 years ago

Blue really does look so much better than the red - did mine in blue also.

6 months later
#90 8 years ago

Here's a hint. For the five "staggered" bulbs in the backbox, you will want to make a "cone" to go over the sockets (like the one on the traffic signal) because you will get bleed-over from the lights into the traffic signal otherwise.

I also added a couple of cut cardboard overlays to the traffic signal to cut out all bleed-over from that area and placed them onto the block that is already surrounding those.

Looks great!!

If you have it, could you email me a pic of the tilt mech? Mine needs repair and I want to see how a correct one is wired, etc.

-Nate

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The spinout is frustrating, but was kind of expect given the feedback I have seen about the Twisted Pins spinout. We got one of the early ones with the metal piece angled and it really kills the momentum on the ball. It will get to 100 sometimes with a full plunge but never goes past it. We will try to figure out a solution.

Try re-positioning your shooter rod and rubber tip so that it is DEAD CENTERED on the ball.

Also, it is easy to remove that metal strip and re-apply it with some strong 2-part epoxy and two clamps. I did that to mine as the repro I received was also crooked and not in the same position as the original.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The shooter rod has been adjusted to several different positions with not much difference. how did you remove the strip? Did you grind the epoxy left behind off?

My strip actually popped right off with a little "prodding" - use a wooden wedge and find an edge that you can work upwards (that way you won't scratch the plastic). It's been a while, but I *think* the glue used actually came off onto the metal strip, and I just peeled it away.........

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I really think it was just that easy. Maybe I was lucky that my glue job wasn't a great one?....?.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Nate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-restore-playfield-cab-everything-tons-of-pics?tu=Pinball_Nate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.