Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3447 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I'm having a hell of a time with the ramps in my Taxi. The Arrivals ramp goes back in just fine, seemingly. But the Departure ramp is turning out to be a real pain.

The main problem is that I can do two of the following three things:

- Secure the right side of the Departure ramp plastic to its post
- Rest the middle of the wireform ramp on the right-most post at the Marilyn drop targets
- Rest the end of the wireform on the post next to the left return lane.

Doing the first two leaves the end of the wireform ramp way off to the right of the post it needs to sit on.

Doing the last two leaves the right side of the Depature ramp (the wing where the switch is attached) way too high above the playfield to be able to screw down.

Doing the first and third options has a variety of consequences, but most of them involve not having nearly enough clearance for the ball to travel along the Arrival ramp's wireform.

These ramps clearly worked before I took the thing apart, but I have no idea how. I could apply a bunch of torsion to the ramp and force it to fit, but that just doesn't seem like a good idea.

I've also tried replacement ramps, but the replacement Departure ramp is even worse of a fit. I'm working with the manufacturer to try to figure it out.

It's possible that I have the ramp posts in the wrong spots. Is there anyone who owns a Taxi that can tell me the measurements and diameter (thick/thin) of each post that holds the two ramps and the Spinout, and where they go?

IMG_3447 (resized).JPGIMG_3447 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

I think I've found a solution.

With all the posts in the place I think they belong, that leaves the post just to the right of the Jackpot insert about a half an inch too short. Adding some washers as spacers seems to have solved most of the problem, so maybe I just have a too-short post for that spot. Since I can't get anyone across two separate threads to get a measurement of that post for me, I'll just assume I have a wrong-sized post, and order a replacement one the next time I make a parts order.

#3 7 years ago

Use a hex spacer to raise the height of the mounting points. Most likely washers were used previously as "shims". This same problem can occur on games like FT.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-ramps-wont-go-back-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.