Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taxi Pic 4 (resized).jpg
Taxi Pic 3 (resized).jpg
Taxi Pic 2 (resized).jpg
Taxi Pic 1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chriswhitey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago

Where are all these nice TAXI's sub- $2000?
I'll buy all of them.

IDK what some of you think, but its not 2007 anymore.

A nice Taxi, 100% working, no hacks, minimal wear on PF, Ramps clear and uncracked, nice Spinout ramp, White topper, LEd's nice nice artwork etc. you're lucky to touch for $3,000.

And its worth every penny if you love Taxi.

#27 6 years ago

The pissing matches that go on about pricing are comical, yet absurd.
Any basic economics class you learn the true value of any given item is worth exactly the amount of what one person is willing to pay for it at any given moment.
Instead of trying to Price Police everyone posting an item you deem "overpriced" just move on. Who cares. If someone posts a TAxi for 5k and someone buys it ..then I suppose it was worth that price to that person. WHy waste your energy berating the seller for his "ridiculous uneducated valuations" and the buyer for their "newbie stupidity".. overall your efforts won't affect the market even slightly.

The market determines pricing, not opinions on a thread. I don't see why so many people get their panties in a wad over it.

As far as Taxi or any other pin is concerned, yeah If you wait for 3 years and check every listing every minute of the day and are lucky enough to find the perfect machine at your perfect price range I suppose there is a chance you'll score big. Deals are had every day on all sorts of items. But that's the exception not the norm.

IF you search for your game 100 hours or 100 months and find a price you're happy with I say Good for you.
If you search for 1 minute and pay more than most people claim it "should" sell for I say Good for you.
If you list a pin that "overpriced" and someone pays twice its average going rate according to all the pinside experts I say good for you!

Hobbies shouldn't be so serious. For every 10 people in the hobby there may be 11 opinions, life is too short to be Salty.

Just my .02c

-Whitey

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Nah, not that much. I have one like this description you listed for sale for 2100... But if your are paying 3K, I will take the extra 900.

Snyper Im looking at your profile but don't see your Taxi for sale. Im interested if you can direct me to it... the one for 2100?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chriswhitey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-price-check-2?tu=chriswhitey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.