(Topic ID: 224220)

Taxi, pop bumpers not working.

By PinHead2112

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Need some help here. Friend bought a Taxi a few weeks ago. Everything worked great for about a week. Then all 3 pop bumpers stopped working(slingshots are good). Giving a switch error on boot up but I do not think that is the issue. Lifted the play field and no power to the 3 pop bumpers. All other coils work and have power. Checked F3 on Aux power supply board and it is good(did not pull the board to check for cold solder joints will do that next time I get a chance to get over there) Giving a switch error on all 3 pops on boot up but I am thinking this has to be a power issue since there is no power to the coils(grounding using a jumper does not fire the coil and my fluke says .5 V). I am weak on system 11's so any help on trouble shooting is good. Since no power to the three pop bumpers have to think this is the issue even though the boot up complains about switches on all three pop bumpers. These are special sols on this machine. But let me know your thoughts.

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinHead2112:

Checked F3 on Aux power supply board and it is good

Did you check for the presence of DC power at the fuse tabs of F3?
    Can't remember if there is a separate fuse for the pops. You could also check continuity from the pop coil supply back to the backbox. If you have a broken supply wire to one of the pops, none of them will get power because they are all daisy chained together.

#3 5 years ago

Seems simple now that you pointed it out. Pulled the board, reflowed the solder joint, its all good now. Thanks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-pop-bumpers-not-working-?hl=pinhead2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.