Taxi pop bumper lights

By SerendipitySail

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 6 years ago

I was replacing a broken pop bumper socket in Taxi. It is fairly hard to reach & harder to see behind the pop bumper, so I did it by feel. The flat leads got crossed & shorted out the pop bumpers & lights. I fixed the flat leads, insulated the positive one & replaced the 2 1/2 amp fuse to the pop bumpers. They now work, but the lights do not. Any ideas? Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

The pop bumper lights are part of the general illumination circuit (iirc). Are the fuses for the gi good? Are you missing other gi lighting?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

The pop bumper lights are part of the general illumination circuit (iirc). Are the fuses for the gi good? Are you missing other gi lighting?

I am missing some other gi lights on the same braided wire. All of the fuses tested ok, but when I pulled the GI fuse and test it out of the machine, it was broken. Thanks for walking me through it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-pop-bumper-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.