Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BJM-Maxx
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kporter946286.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

My Taxi's spinout was doing same as yours only getting about 50,000 every time. I found that this is directly related to leveling. I put a new tip and spring on the shooter rod and it made little differences. Then I spent $35 for a craftsman level (you can read about that level in a thread I started) after I perfectly leveled the game at an exact 6 deg and level side to side. I am getting 100,000 very regularly with an occasional 75,000. If you over do it you'll end up going past 100,000 and getting the 1k bonus.

#11 11 years ago

Do you find that your ball after it goes throughout the spin out and the kicker kicks it to the top, draining a lot down the Gorbie/Jackpot orbit, instead of one of the 3 lanes? If so you may have a slight playfield twisting going on. I know on mine I was having a hard time getting both the bottom (near the slings) and the top (near the lanes) to both be level at the same time. And as LTG said, it turned out that my left playfield hinge (the one below the left sling that connects to the bar lock down area) was missing a screw and the other was loose. After I added a new screw and tightened the rest up I was then able to get both the top and bottom level and at 6 deg.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

So my taxi cannot plunge past 50k on the spinout. Spinout has a hairline crack but ball movement is not impeded. I cleaned the spinout ramp, metal wire ramp. It seems that the plunger is not lined up on the middle of the ball, it's slightly above. Problem is, the shooter bracket is positioned as low as it can go.
Replaced plunger, spring, sleeve and c-clip already. Using the red spring.
I checked the brackets that hold the playfield in place, they don't appear bent. I could shim the playfield up a bit but that seems like a hack. However, when testing while shimmed the ball does make it to 100k.
If I do shim it, how should I go about it? Put washers underneath the bracket? I have the playfield leveled at 6.5, if I shim it ill likely lose some height and the levelers are cranked up as high as they can go.
Advice?

Thought you already did replace the rod you called it the plunger? Did you mean the rubber tip?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 109.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kporter946286.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-plunger-adjustment?tu=kporter946286 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.