• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by AgentX
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 6 years ago

Need Help! Restoring a TAXI and in the process have stripped the entire playfield. Thought I was invincible - didn't mark the seven or so posts that are holding up all of the ramps. Anybody have a map as to where what length post goes? There are about seven of various lengths, some only about 1/4" larger than another.

#2 6 years ago

I did the exact same thing during my restore and Skypilot bailed me out big time in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-tall-post-positions

#3 6 years ago

Thanks you so much for pointing me to the correct thread for the answer. This is exactly what I needed. Thanks again.

1 week later
#4 6 years ago

Richthofen, would you happen to know where those two metal flaps go at the entrance of the two ramps? what function do they perform and are they to be installed inside or outside of the ramps?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Jlescher19:

Richthofen, would you happen to know where those two metal flaps go at the entrance of the two ramps? what function do they perform and are they to be installed inside or outside of the ramps?

Inside the ramps; their job is to create a smooth transition between the playfield and ramp and also to prevent ramp damage.

#6 6 years ago

Thank you

#7 6 years ago

My TAXI has a switch problem on the CPU. Seems like the push switch on the CPU to test the sound is broken off. I can't find a replacement switch for that function. Can you help with a part number or the switch itself? Thanks

#8 6 years ago

Page 42 and 43 of the manual cover the CPU board components. I've never tested the sound from the CPU board but checking the diagram do you mean these switches (component #105 in the manual)

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=5641-09312

#9 6 years ago

Yes, that's the push button switch I am looking for.
The reason is that since the button is broken I don't know which state it is set in. I suspect my sound problem has to do with it but that's just a guess. The indication is that I can't generate any sound bites from the general sound test on page 33. Also, I have music and some sounds on switch closures but no speech.

#10 6 years ago

Also, is the diagnostic light on the CPU supposed to be always flashing?

3 months later
#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Jlescher19:

Also, is the diagnostic light on the CPU supposed to be always flashing?

Yes, btw. Most Williams MPUs I've been dealing with will CONSTANT FLASH on the diag light. Kinda confusing if you don't expect this.

K

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-playfield-stand-offs-location and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.