• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D818678F-CDEF-4608-A0FA-F1439C28C892 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

So after redoing my Taxi, the pinbot flasher in both the backbox and playfield are not working. In the test mode I can hear the relay clicking which should activate it. I’ve checked under the playfield for loose wires and changed both bulbs to eliminate that. I checked the connector and it appears strong. Where should I look next? It can’t be a fuse as the other flashers would stop functioning too.

#2 3 years ago

Daytime bump

#3 3 years ago

Did you check the flash lamp resistors on the interconnect board?

#4 3 years ago

No I haven’t. Which one corresponds to pinbot?

#5 3 years ago

Well in this case they almost always "work" but the failure comes because the legs snap off or they get so hot they unsolder themselves from the board. I would first give a gentle tug on each one and then visually inspect each solder joint. Ideally you would remove the interconnect board to check both sides of the board.

I would have to look at schematic to tell you specifically which one, which I am not in front of at the moment.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Well in this case they almost always "work" but the failure comes because the legs snap off or they get so hot they unsolder themselves from the board. I would first give a gentle tug on each one and then visually inspect each solder joint. Ideally you would remove the interconnect board to check both sides of the board.
I would have to look at schematic to tell you specifically which one, which I am not in front of at the moment.

I gave them all a tug but nothing. I haven’t pulled it but the connections appear strong on the front. If I’m remembering wire coloring correctly it should be R5.

D818678F-CDEF-4608-A0FA-F1439C28C892 (resized).jpegD818678F-CDEF-4608-A0FA-F1439C28C892 (resized).jpeg
#7 3 years ago

There are also flasher boards under the pf to look at I believe. Or maybe that was my pinbot?

Check under pf.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

There are also flasher boards under the pf to look at I believe. Or maybe that was my pinbot?
Check under pf.

I think that’s pinbot lol. Pinbot doesn’t have an interconnect board I’ll have to look at the schematics but looking at the pic it looks like R2 might have a cold joint. A few or all of them could probably use reflowing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-pinbot-flashers-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.