You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20140716_21_40_59_Pro.jpg
IMG_0090.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Having trouble finding these in the manual. Does anyone know where to find parts not listed in the manual (mostly cabinet parts)

I need part numbers for
Start Button leaf switch and diode
Flipper switch capacitors
side rail hardware (bolts are probably all I need, I bet I can get washers and nuts at Home Depot)

Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

You sure your taxi has a leaf switch for a start button? Should be just a cherry switch w/ no diode. 5647-09957-00

#3 9 years ago

Definitely a leaf switch.

IMG_0090.JPGIMG_0090.JPG
#4 9 years ago

I don't think it really matters, you can just go to Marco or Pinball Life or Bay Area and grab either a standard leaf switch and put a diode on it most likely a 1n1004 or just buy a modern button w/ a cherry switch you should be fine. Are you doing a complete restore or just trying to get her up and running?

#5 9 years ago

Complete restore. Problem with that cherry switch is it appears the screwholes for the switch casing run the wrong way, I would need some sort of bracket. Switch is grody and would prefer a new one

#6 9 years ago

WP_20140716_21_40_59_Pro.jpgWP_20140716_21_40_59_Pro.jpg

#7 9 years ago

That's a totally different assembly than my game. I would think that is a different size hole it the cabinet even (my button has a tapered hole.) Looks easier to service for sure

#8 9 years ago

Is yours a Marilyn original? Mine is older Lola, not sure it that makes a difference or not. Out of curiosity is your Drop targets Opto's?

#9 9 years ago

mine was a lola and it had the leaf switch. that button looks like an operator fix.

#10 9 years ago

My drop targets are definitely optos. Mine was a lola but I am converting it to marilyn

as you can see from my photo, a standard leaf switch might not have enough distance between the cab, the stack looks like they padded it to make it fit.

Any idea on the capacitors on the flipper button switch?

#11 9 years ago

the caps on the flipper switches are in one of the schematics

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

mine was a lola and it had the leaf switch. that button looks like an operator fix.

I put the green button in b/c the green button matches Street light and is what it should be. When I bought it the game it had a Red button with a cherry switch. Never thought twice about it and never had a problem with a cherry switch.

#14 9 years ago

Yeah that's the flipper switch, I got two of those. They seem too large to work with the start button.

#15 9 years ago

you need the manual with all the schematics? It shows on page #2 flipper buttons have 0.1mf caps

#16 9 years ago

in the regular manual on page 62 of 74 it says Credit Button SW-1a-126 ???? not sure if this is referencing the actual button or the leaf switch

#18 9 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW00126

Says it might be a substitute, but the mounting part doesn't look tall enough.

I found how to read the schematic to find the caps. Still new at notations.

#19 9 years ago

Anything that is a substitute is typically all you can get and is 99% the same. Good luck!

#20 9 years ago

Pretty sure I got mine from PBR. I'll look at my paperwork in the morning (I don't have it on hand at the moment). My flipper buttons each activate a leaf switch and a Cherry switch. I don't see the Cherry in either sample above.

Steve

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

I don't see the Cherry in either sample above.

I was talking about Cherry switch for START button not Flipper button leaf switch. I suggested to him to buy the http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SW-1A-126 if he wanted the replacement leaf for this FLIPPER buttons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-part-numbers-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.