(Topic ID: 235852)

Taxi no gi, no power to coils

By Tablewicked

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

taxi (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

My friend had a working Taxi that went into storage for a year, the head was removed. When we set it back up we had no GI or coils. Sound works, game goes in attract, you can start a game, all switches work. All fuses test good with DMM, triple check the connections, no burned up connections, swaped out the interconnect board/power supply/auxiliary power driver with no change. I'm kinda at a lost of where to look next, if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

Not enough info, can you attach photo's of the back box boards?
    GI's are fused off the interconnector board.

#3 5 years ago

I can get some pics after work, all thoes fuses tested good on the interconnect.

#4 5 years ago

check for voltages at the fuses.
    I Don't have a taxi but is there also a fuse under the playing field?

#5 5 years ago

I looked for one But I could not see one. I feel like it's something silly that I'm missing. I'll check the voltages at the fuses later.

#6 5 years ago

I would also suggest checking DC voltage at the coils, and there are also GI relays that you should check too.
    I don't know if they control all the Gi's or not.
    No Gi's in the back box either?

#7 5 years ago

I did check the voltage at the coils, nothing. No back box gi or playfield gi. I'll have to check some more voltages when I get a chance.

#8 5 years ago

Also check the wire connectors at the transformer, all the yellow wires at the transformer are your GI power supply, that connector might be burnt.
    might explain why no gi's at all.

#9 5 years ago

As others have said using game schematics just keep following the coil voltage back until you find it working! (hopefully before you hit the transformer)

#10 5 years ago

5p8 connector off transformer is for solenoids....goes to 5j8 on the Aux board at Fuses f7 and F8. So check the incoming AC at the fuses. You can't check AC to ground as the secondary isn't bonded, so red lead on the fuse clip F8, black lead on 5j8 pin 3. Then Red lead on F7 and black lead on 5j8 pin 8. If those are both reading higher VAC, then check DC F1, F4, F3, F6 and F5 for Voltages to ground. F4, F5, F6 apx 50 to 70vdc, f1 and F3 apx 25 to 40vdc.

For GI, connector 7j3 at the transformer. Yellow wires as mentioned above. They connect to the interconnect board at 2J6. On AC, check Fuses F1 to F4, against pins 1 and 3 on 2j6. If AC is good, then check other side of fuses F1 to F4 DC voltage to ground.

Attached Schematic for reference

taxi (resized).jpgtaxi (resized).jpg
    #11 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for the help! And pointing me in the right direction. I'll hopefully get over there in the next couple day to test out the voltages. Thanks again

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-no-gi-no-power-to-coils and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.