(Topic ID: 248882)

Taxi needs to be turned on twice

By Mageek

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I have a Taxi when first turned on it won't boot but if you turn it off and back on it works every time. Only the 5volts LED on the MPU is on when this happens. I added NVRAM just in case it was the U25 memory chip causing it. I have seen some info on a Reset Generator Mod, but since there is no alkaline damage on the MPU I would rather not mod this board.

#2 4 years ago

Sounds like a power supply board issue. Aging caps maybe ?

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sounds like a power supply board issue. Aging caps maybe ?
    LTG : )

I replaced the 2 big caps but not the really big one, then I swapped it with my Whirlwind and same thing....

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mageek:

I replaced the 2 big caps but not the really big one, then I swapped it with my Whirlwind and same thing....

Do you mean the taxi game doesn't work with the WW power supply? Or the WW doesn't work with the taxi power supply?

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

Do you mean the taxi game doesn't work with the WW power supply? Or the WW doesn't work with the taxi power supply?

The WW PS did not change the issue when put into Taxi.

#6 4 years ago

Ok, replace c-30 on the CPU board.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

Thanks will do this evening.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

Ooooo Jackpot! Thanks Grumpy dead on! I didn’t even need to take the board out to replace it. The full restoration is now complete, in to the lineup it goes. Cheers

#9 4 years ago

Lucky guess!

Playball!

1 month later
    #10 4 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

Lucky guess!
    Playball!

Lucky Guess my A$$ !

Did you make a deal with the Pinball Devil?

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from RNajarian:

Did you make a deal with the Pinball Devil?

No, but I did play some Devil Riders last night while fixing a Totem.

3 years later
    #12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mageek:

Ooooo Jackpot! Thanks Grumpy dead on! I didn’t even need to take the board out to replace it. The full restoration is now complete, in to the lineup it goes. Cheers

Grumpster is THE MAN. He helped my chumble my way through a nightmare kicker issue on the mini playfield on the shadow back whn i was a green horn. So knowledgeable and patient.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-needs-to-be-turned-on-twice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.