Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1796.JPG
img038.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a scan or vectorized image of the left ramp bottom decal on Williams Taxi. I'm talking about the triangular-shaped decal that can be seen on that picture : http://www.stockme.fr/img427ee83cd0/Capture_decran_20130206_a_10.40.09.png

It's missing on my pin, and it bothers me. I've looked up everywhere on the Internet but havent been able to find anything (I have however found many other scans for this pin that I would gladly share (inserts, other ramp decals, pop bumper decals, slingshots, Marilyn plastic, cabinet art, etc.)).

By any chance, if you also have scans for the yellow "C-A-B Lane Advance Bonus" and the "Start Button" that goes on the front door, i'd be interested.

Thanks in advance.

#2 10 years ago

Anyone ?

1 week later
#3 10 years ago

bump

#4 10 years ago

PM me with an address.

#5 10 years ago

Heres what I have.

img038.jpgimg038.jpg

#7 10 years ago

I sent all of my info to Curly of Little Shop of Games, I begged him to make them. Call him tell him I sent you. The start button decal has been listed on ebay for months now The other ramp decals can be bought from Pinball Inc, or come with the new ramps....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-big-thank-you-to-little-shop-of-games-curly

ebay.com link: TAXI Lexan Coin Door Decal Pinball Machine

#8 10 years ago

You likely have a repro ramp. the new ramps for some reason didn't get these decals. Most people haven't even noticed, but I did. I confirmed this is the way they came from James though at pinballinc.

#9 10 years ago

Hi,

I'm not sure whether my ramps are reproductions or not, i bought my pin with them and never bought new ones (i did however think about changing them, and i also heard repros didn't come with all the decals).
I do have a "C-A-B Lane Change" decal, but it's white, not yellow. Moreover, the under-ramp decals (Arrivals/Departures) seemed to be original ones. Weird.

I was aware about the "Start Here" decal on eBay, but since i have a few sticking paper, i thought i'd print it and save myself a few bucks.

I will definitely send an email to Curly, its decal looks great judging by the pics on the topics abovementioned.

Thanks a lot for your answers, i'm sure they'll be helpful. Once again, if you need any resources for Taxi that i might have gathered around, i'll be glad to help you out.

#10 10 years ago

Yeah, I have repro ramps that are missing this decal too. If you find a source, please let me know. It really doesn't bother me, and most people don't notice it, but I'd still like to add it.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

Yeah, I have repro ramps that are missing this decal too. If you find a source, please let me know. It really doesn't bother me, and most people don't notice it, but I'd still like to add it.

I posted a few spots above, call curly, he was ever so nice to make them at my request.

#12 10 years ago

It's rumored that the Marilyn, or early production Taxi games sported this decal only. Either way you're much less likely to find ramps with an original decal in that spot. Since my game had one originally, I wanted a replacement for the repro ramp. IMG_1796.JPGIMG_1796.JPG

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

I posted a few spots above, call curly, he was ever so nice to make them at my request.

Nice, pretty sure I even bought my new ramps from him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-looking-for-triangular-left-ramp-bottom-decal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.