You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

taxisw.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi

I've still got an ongoing problem with the Joyride lights, they don't work at all. I've completed a continuity test on the circuit board, bulbs & connector lead & All's good. I just don't know where to go from here. Also the 3 left lights on the williams sign don't work & the orange & yellow on the traffic light....not sure if these are all related.

Any help would be great, it's beginning to get annoying.

Also, I've fixed the bell but it sounds really dull, is there any adjustments that can be made?

Thank you

#2 9 years ago

The joyride lights and pinball palace lights are all in the same column, so I would start with looking for the column problem there, often that is just a bad IDC connector. I assume you mean red and yellow traffic lights, those are likely a separate problem (review the lamp matrix chart). Troubleshooting column problems is explained in this link in detail, see "testing the lamp columns" http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index2.htm#lamp

The bell, I don't think there is really an adjustment for it. Mine is "scares the crap out of me" loud. Wouldn't hurt to try replacing the .1uf cap on the bell, check wiring/connnectors are good at both the bell and at the driver board.

taxisw.jpgtaxisw.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 109.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-light-problems-bell-adjustment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.