Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TK2012
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scubadiver6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hello All -

Very recently I bought my first pinball machine (Taxi) and my kids and I are loving it!

The machine has some miles on it, and I'm currently in the process of going through the machine: cleaning it, replacing broken plastics, replacing dead bulbs, etc.

I have a question about light bulbs....

I like the idea of LED bulbs, but not 100% sold on the look. I'd like to swap out a few of my dead bulbs with LED's to see if I like it. I'm aware I can buy entire kits, but would rather swap out just a few to make sure that is the route I want to go before spending $125-$150.

At the present, I need to replace what I believe to be a #44/47 white bulb. There are lots of different LED bulbs available, and I was wondering if there is a particular style or brand the Pinball community as a whole prefers? Or, if there is a particular #44/47 LED bulb that will NOT work? (Are they all created the same?)

For those of you familiar with Taxi, the bulbs I need to replace are behind the Marilyn target, just in front of the first red bumper, beneath the plastic that says "Lights Carry Passengers"....

Thanks for taking the time to help out a newbie....

Bob

#3 10 years ago

Thank you, practicalsteve....

I looked at your profile and see you also own a Taxi... Can you confirm that is the correct size bulb I need? (I'm simply guessing I need a #44/47 based on pictures I found on the Internet...)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scubadiver6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-light-bulb-questions-from-a-first-time-pinball-owner?tu=scubadiver6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.