• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2011-11-17_17.57.00.jpg
WP_000117.jpg
WP_000108.jpg
WP_000107.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Could someone please take a close-up pic of what the wires on the IDC look like on J7 and J9 where it connects to the board in the backbox? Just bought this machine and they are both hacked and burned. Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Hope these help

WP_000107.jpg WP_000108.jpg

#3 8 years ago

In bottom pic third from the left is white with brown stripe, fourth from left is white with green stripe FYI.

#4 8 years ago

Steve, thank you SO MUCH!!! I cannot even begin to describe the horrible hack job the previous owner did to this poor board. Hopefully, I can salvage (I've not done much board repair yet)!

#5 8 years ago

I bet you can do it, I had a horrible one on my old hurricane where wires were soldered directly to the traces on the board and that fixed up nicely, now go buy some new connectors and pins from great plains electronics.

#6 8 years ago

Could you take a pic of J6 as well? I think that may be the culprit. I've got connection on the wires, but for some reason, none of the lights on the green/white and green traces on the translite r working. I checked continuity, fuse, bulbs. What gives?!

#7 8 years ago

Ok, on F1 there is continuity even w the fuse out. Would this mean somewhere, traces r touching?

#8 8 years ago

Heres a pic of J6, but as you can see this connector was replaced at one point and the wires had to be split.

WP_000117.jpg

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Ok, on F1 there is continuity even w the fuse out. Would this mean somewhere, traces r touching?

and unfortunately this is beyond my knowledge, hope you work it out. Happy to take any pics you need and give guidance where I can.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

What does F1 protect?

#11 8 years ago

Curious, are all the white wires the same? All yellow the same? Was it split instead of just looping? Thx!

#12 8 years ago

Curious, are all the white wires the same? All yellow the same? Was it split instead of just looping? Thx!

This was my repair. I recently sold this machine to Steve., yes the wires were split instead of looping

yellow goes to yellow ,white goes to yellow white

2011-11-17_17.57.00.jpg

#13 8 years ago

Thank you kindly gentlemen. I think I have all I need!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside