By Blenderhead

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 4 years ago

Howdy group,
Fairly new owner to a Taxi. Shortly after buying it, I installed a new hardtop (which looks great, plays great. Only issue I am having is 80-90% of the time, if the ball goes into to Gorbie hole, when kicked out, goes straight down the middle. Anyone know of an adjustment for this? Thanks in advance

#2 4 years ago

Is it a kind of metal blade that goes up and kicks the ball out ? If so, gently bend the end part of the blade's arm a little to deflect it different.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is it a kind of metal blade that goes up and kicks the ball out ? If so, gently bend the end part of the blade's arm a little to deflect it different.
LTG : )

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I was thinking that but wanted to share here 1st in case there might be something else going on.

#4 3 years ago

I just had the same issue develop but I don't have a hardtop. For me the cause was the tip of the arm that hits the ball had flattened and deformed which caused it to eject the ball SDTM. I pulled the assembly out of the machine and filed the tip back into shape and haven't had an issue since. Good luck!

#5 3 years ago

Thank you both for replying. On mine, I adjusted the kicker arm by physically tweaking it a bit. Now it hits the right flipper every time! If the problem comes back I'm gonna check mummified arm for damage.

#6 3 years ago

I’m glad you got it fixed and that begs the question: is it supposed to eject right into the right flipper? Mine had always ejected and hit the top left of the Marilyn drop target bank and then suddenly went SDTM until I filed it down and it again hits the drop target bank.

#7 3 years ago

Mine hits the Top left side of the Marilyn target bank. I believe that is the way it is intended.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Mine hits the Top left side of the Marilyn target bank. I believe that is the way it is intended.

Mine does the same

#9 3 years ago

Mine ejects to the left flipper. Maybe 10% SDTM.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Mine does the same

Mine too. I was going to adjust it so it goes to the flippers.

I don't know what it was intended to do, but it just annoys me hitting the back of the target bank. It feels like it disrupts the flow of the game.

-Paul

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-gorbie-holesdtm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.