• Latest reply 10 years ago by seshpilot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 9.45.07 PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seshpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I am so frustrated. The GI for the entire right side of the playfield, AND the left side of the backbox, is out. My game was doing this before but then it suddenly came back on for about 6 months. Now, the problem has returned.

1. I've checked the fuses and they all tested OK
2. I replaced the Interconnect Board (my original one was all hacked up). I just put this new one in and I really thought this would do the trick. Nope. I may have just wasted $100.
3. I've checked the relay boards (the 1 on the backback and the 1 on the playfield) and they test OK. I swapped them with a known working 1 from my WW.
4. I traced the lines on the right side of the playfield and I didn't see any shorts (doesn't mean there aren't any, but I checked pretty good).

Here's what I do know:
1. When I test for continuity on the left side of the playfield with the game on, the buzzer makes a really weird, rhythmic sound. I'm sure that's what it's supposed to do. Unfortunately, the right side sounds totally different (the buzzer is loud and clear). I'm wondering if this means there is a short somewhere...
2. On J6 of the interconnect board, I changed the hacked board to a new 9-space Molex connector. Not sure if this is how it's supposed to be, but the 1st 4 wires all test positive for continuity (really this is 2 wires that are double crimped to make 4). The last 4 wires do not test positive (only 6&7 and 8&9 do because they are double crimped). Is this a problem? Should the 1st 4 be like the last 4 (meaning 1&2 and 3&4 test positive, but not say 1&4)? I'm thinking there is a short here... If so, where do I go next?

Please brethren, help... I feel like pulling my teeth out...

PS: Happy New Year!!

Steven

#4 10 years ago

Kneissl, I mentioned that in my original post.

Atomicboy, which board are you referring to? The interconnect board is brand new.

#8 10 years ago

Atomic, I just replaced that connector last night to be sure. Still no dice...

Kneissl, do I check for 6vac between the white and yellow wires? Thanks gents.

#11 10 years ago

Fixed it gentlemen. Thanks so much for your help. Was getting proper voltages at J6 except for one line. Followed it down to the transformer, and was greeted with an IDC connector with 1 absolutely fried terminal.

Simply cut the wires, soldered, and taped off. Good as new. Again, thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seshpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-gi-lighting-help?tu=seshpilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.