• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Leosac
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 6 years ago

Working on a Taxi I picked up a few days ago. Left flipper is giving me trouble. It plays with excellent strength for a few hits and then in the middle of the game, the flipper goes limp. It moves but with no strength at all.

Start a new game, flipper returns to full strength but again, only for a few hits and then back to limp. Occasionally in a game the flipper will return to strength without restarting.

Solder looks good, everything looks clean.

Any ideas?

#2 6 years ago

Pull out the aux power supply and look for cracked solder joints on the J12 header pins and bridge rectifier BR2.

#3 6 years ago

If you don't find anything wrong with the aux power supply then pull out the inner connect board and check J-5 and J-8 for cracked header pins.

#4 6 years ago

#5 6 years ago

Thanks for the ideas I’ll give it a shot.

#6 6 years ago

Installed a new coil and flipper is working as it should.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-flipper-goes-limp-mid-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.